1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My new hotrod for the dragstrip

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by GoBlueFan, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Jun 26, 2009 at 8:44 AM
    GoBlueFan

GoBlueFan [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Bossier City, LA
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 PreRunner
    Step bars, billet grill with custom TOYOTA, MB Quart RSI 216 components, Hifonics ZXi 4410, RAAMmat deadened doors/back wall/roof covered with ensolite , 24" Magnaflow muffler, hand polished stock exhaust tip, tinted, OEM TRD Bilstiens all around with 1/4" spacers up front to level it out. Sport wheels added.

it's an 08. I got it used, but only 4k miles. The problem with the 06-07's were the secondaries not opening up until 6k rpm...now they open at 3k rpm. Much better than before. This one already has them removed though and with a PCIII w/better mapping.

2. Jun 26, 2009 at 8:46 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Cool! When you said you wanted to get it in the "9's" I thought it would be a difficult task if the ECU was stock. ;)

3. Jun 26, 2009 at 8:53 AM
    GoBlueFan

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Bossier City, LA
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 PreRunner
    Step bars, billet grill with custom TOYOTA, MB Quart RSI 216 components, Hifonics ZXi 4410, RAAMmat deadened doors/back wall/roof covered with ensolite , 24" Magnaflow muffler, hand polished stock exhaust tip, tinted, OEM TRD Bilstiens all around with 1/4" spacers up front to level it out. Sport wheels added.

This bike stock will run in the 9's no problem. A friend of mine took his brand new 09, lowered it, and went 9.33 (granted, he weighs in at 140 in leathers). I'm 175 in riding gear. These things are missiles.:headbang:

I'll be foot shifting for now, but I should be able to run mid 9's no problem as it sits. It'll take some seat time and some sharpening of my skills along with an air shifter to get me into the low 9s

4. Jun 26, 2009 at 9:01 AM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    Ah. I have seen the tests of them, and it seemed they took a bit of practice getting them in the 9's. Dont you need an license if you run under 10 secs.? You do out here, is why Im asking.

5. Jun 26, 2009 at 9:03 AM
    SC4333

SC4333 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Grant
    FL
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 2016 TRD Off-Road 4x4 DCSB

I've ran a few IHRA Division Finals at Red River in the past. Nice track considering the location. Hopefully the new owners can figure out a way to make it successful.

6. Jun 26, 2009 at 9:33 AM
    GoBlueFan

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Bossier City, LA
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 PreRunner

It depends on the track and it's sanctioning body.

I rode one this past weekend and went 9.64 first pass. effortless.

7. Jun 26, 2009 at 9:36 AM
    GoBlueFan

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Bossier City, LA
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 PreRunner

Gotta promote it and give people a reason to come out there. We have enough cars/bikes in the area to support it, just have to get them out there. If we could just get the STREET racers out there...they'd be doing fine. For some reason, the street dorks refuse to go to a LEGAL place to race.:confused: I think it's just that most street racers can't ride for shit and are scared of the starting tree and serious traction.
    I don't care if you can't ride or not, come out and have fun. That's what it's all about.:D

8. Jun 26, 2009 at 11:22 AM
    Untamed_SS

Untamed_SS Stayed Up Too Late

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Haughton, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue Access Cab
    Alpine iDA-X200 Deck, Rockford P3, Infinity 1600 A Amp, Black Badges, "KnightRider Mod", Back-up lights. Painted Engine Cover. TRD QuickShifter & Shift Knob. MAF Calibrator. Doug Thorley LT Headers. Custom Y-Pipe. Flowmaster 50 series. Satoshi Grill
    I'll look into coming out tonight... Are races going on every weekend?

9. Jun 26, 2009 at 11:28 AM
    GoBlueFan

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Bossier City, LA
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 PreRunner

Friday nights are test and tune, saturdays are brackets along with test and tune, and for now sundays are bikes and cars with slicks. Although the turn out for sunday has been weak so I don't think it will last.

As usual though, Friday nights are the most fun IMO. Both as a spectator and racer. Just a fun atmosphere. $10 to spectate. $20 to test and tune

10. Jun 26, 2009 at 11:32 AM
    Untamed_SS

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Haughton, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Alpine iDA-X200 Deck, Rockford P3, Infinity 1600 A Amp, Black Badges, "KnightRider Mod", Back-up lights. Painted Engine Cover. TRD QuickShifter & Shift Knob. MAF Calibrator. Doug Thorley LT Headers. Custom Y-Pipe. Flowmaster 50 series. Satoshi Grill
    Sweet. Much cheaper than watching my dad race! Like 30 or something for the pits! :eek:

11. Jun 26, 2009 at 12:03 PM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    Ah....Gottcha. I have been thrown off the track out here a few times for different runs, and not haveing the required licence, or safty equipment. :eek:

12. Jun 26, 2009 at 2:44 PM
    Pster

Pster Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    Bak Flip bed cover, shorty antenna, Peripheral iPod interface, Garmin 750 mount, add'l bed tie down rings, Westin nerf bars, hitch safe, tailgate lock, Ideal 1 3/4" turn-key clamp to secure tailgate from removal, Spare tire security cable, spare tire stainless air hose extender, Fumoto oil drain valve, Amp Research Bed X-Tender w/Schlage Cable Lock, bed mat, Redline hood struts
    Eventually, everyone goes down. I'm just a realist.

13. Jun 26, 2009 at 2:56 PM
    GoBlueFan

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Bossier City, LA
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 PreRunner

Dude, take your doom and gloom somewhere else. I accept the risk and you know nothing of my riding life or experiences. If you are too scared to ride, so be it. I'm glad I don't have to live your safe and secure life.

I don't take to being preached at very well, just be forewarned...just one of my peeves.

14. Jun 26, 2009 at 3:26 PM
    tacoholic

tacoholic Well-Known Member

Member:
    East Bay, CA
    Oh damn..that is a license suspension waiting to happen. :D That thing is B.O.S.S. Go look up "The Shit" in the dictionary because that is the definition. It's starting to get a little hott in here...

15. Jun 26, 2009 at 3:38 PM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Jason'sLawnCare Prepared for Bambi

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Double Cab TRD Rugged Trail
    CBI Moab 2.0, CBI Trail Rider 2.0, CBI sliders w/kickout, Superwinch EPi9.0S, OME sport shocks w/886 coils, OME n182, 1.5" aal, JasonBuilt 3/16th full belly skid, BuiltRight uca, Body Mount Chop, 285/75/16 km2's, Rear cat delete, exhaust crossover rerouted, Fog light anytime, Locker mod, Rear leaf tsb, Debadged, Uws Tool Box, Electric Exhaust Cutout, AFE Pro Dry S, Kiwi Wifi, Diff Breather Relocated, Grom Ipod Adapter, Dual Diehard platinum batteries isolated by BlueSea marine switch
    Sweet bike. Do you have any vids of your runs or just playing around with it?

16. Jun 26, 2009 at 4:32 PM
    GoBlueFan

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Bossier City, LA
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 PreRunner

Getting ready to head out to the track in a little bit. If I can get someone to video for me I'll have something. I don't have any on this bike yet (see my other dragrace thread for vids of my past bikes). Camera is going with....:bananadance:

17. Jun 26, 2009 at 4:33 PM
    GoBlueFan

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Bossier City, LA
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 PreRunner

yeah...too easy to speed on this thing, seriously. At 70, this thing is begging you to go faster. Big speed is effortless. That's why I'll be staying with the VFR750 for the street.:D

18. Jun 26, 2009 at 4:37 PM
    tacoholic

tacoholic Well-Known Member

Member:
    East Bay, CA
    I can only imagine! :eek: Good man, keep it safe on the street. :thumbsup:

19. Jun 26, 2009 at 4:39 PM
    Untamed_SS

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Haughton, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Hey man, before you leave...

Isn't the track just down HWY 1 or is that 71? Towards ... aww shit, I forgot? Vivian? Oil City? That direction right?

Help me out, I'll bring my video camera! Charging it now!

20. Jun 26, 2009 at 4:41 PM
    GotLift37

GotLift37 Bangers Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    North East AL
    Vehicle:
    07 4Runner 4WD
    2.5" front lift (leeper coilover) 1" body 16" Dick Cepek DC1 Black/polished 295/75/16 General Grabber AT2 Tinted Taillights 5% tint OEM Acura TSX HID Retrofit White LED dash light conversion WMW roof rack
    I have a gsxr 600. All my elderly riders i ride with tell me, its not are you going to go down, its when... be careful man.

Products Discussed in

To Top