1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My new hotrod for the dragstrip

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by GoBlueFan, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Jun 26, 2009 at 4:47 PM
    Pster

Pster Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    Bak Flip bed cover, shorty antenna, Peripheral iPod interface, Garmin 750 mount, add'l bed tie down rings, Westin nerf bars, hitch safe, tailgate lock, Ideal 1 3/4" turn-key clamp to secure tailgate from removal, Spare tire security cable, spare tire stainless air hose extender, Fumoto oil drain valve, Amp Research Bed X-Tender w/Schlage Cable Lock, bed mat, Redline hood struts
    Preaching? What the f++k does that have to do with this? I have been in an accident on my bike...hit by a 17 year old girl who "didn't see or hear me". I can't tell you how traumatic it was. I was a good rider too...like you. Shit happens, and it happens in piles when you ride a crotch rocket, and you KNOW it. Don't blast me for being honest. I got hurt bad...and I don't want you to. Don't confuse my faith with the realities of riding a 1000+ H.P. rocket....you know what I am talking about. My advice: Make the damn thing as loud as you possibly can, cause the driver with the CD and iPod turned up ain't gonna hear or see you dude. You won't hear any more about it from me, but leave faith out of it.

2. Jun 26, 2009 at 11:44 PM
    GoBlueFan

GoBlueFan [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Bossier City, LA
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 PreRunner
    Step bars, billet grill with custom TOYOTA, MB Quart RSI 216 components, Hifonics ZXi 4410, RAAMmat deadened doors/back wall/roof covered with ensolite , 24" Magnaflow muffler, hand polished stock exhaust tip, tinted, OEM TRD Bilstiens all around with 1/4" spacers up front to level it out. Sport wheels added.
    good lord another loud pipes saves lives.:censored: How about don't PUT yourself in that situation. That is one of the stupidest myths out there. All you do is piss off everyone around you and make them WANT to run you over. Stupid. How about using your actual riding skills instead.:rolleyes: I can see why you are off bikes. And you are better off for it with that mentality.

Now buzz off and go lurk in another thread where you can actually help or give wanted information. I asked nicely the first time, it ain't happening again. And yes, I left you neg rep for coming back into this after I asked you to stop preaching (got NOTHING to do with faith, but it seems you think so).:mad:

3. Jun 26, 2009 at 11:50 PM
    GoBlueFan

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Bossier City, LA
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 PreRunner
    Step bars, billet grill with custom TOYOTA, MB Quart RSI 216 components, Hifonics ZXi 4410, RAAMmat deadened doors/back wall/roof covered with ensolite , 24" Magnaflow muffler, hand polished stock exhaust tip, tinted, OEM TRD Bilstiens all around with 1/4" spacers up front to level it out. Sport wheels added.

:rolleyes: As you can tell, people like this really tick my pet peeve box.

4. Jun 26, 2009 at 11:53 PM
    GoBlueFan

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Bossier City, LA
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 PreRunner
    Here's the time slips from this evening. Didn't do too bad for my first time out on this bike. The last two runs were the quickest for me. Just getting comfortable on it and learning how the bike launches will take a little time. I'll get there.
    I'm in the left lane (#24).
    [​IMG]

5. Jun 27, 2009 at 3:06 AM
    GotLift37

GotLift37 Bangers Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    North East AL
    Vehicle:
    07 4Runner 4WD
    2.5" front lift (leeper coilover) 1" body 16" Dick Cepek DC1 Black/polished 295/75/16 General Grabber AT2 Tinted Taillights 5% tint OEM Acura TSX HID Retrofit White LED dash light conversion WMW roof rack
    not bad. I also got a friend with a gsxr 1000. built out the ass + nitrous. His bike will roll! lol

6. Jun 27, 2009 at 5:09 AM
    MurphMan

MurphMan Senility Rocks!

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    '08 Tacoma TRD Sport
    * AFE Stage 2 XP CAI System * Westin Platinum Series Black Step Bars * TruXedo Lo Pro QT Soft Roll-Up Tonneau * Dee Zee Heavyweight Truck Bed Mat * WeatherTech Extreme-Duty Floor Liners * WeatherTech In-Channel Window Visors * Sony Xplod CDX-GT81UW Receiver * Sony Xplod 2-way speakers * Boss Audio BASS600 Amplified Subwoofer * Billet Grille Mod
    Day-ummm, that's the most fun you can have with your pants on. I would be so dead within minutes of receiving that thing, no self-control. Why I stick to 700lb vtwins. Much safer for others around me too. :cool:

7. Jun 27, 2009 at 5:17 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Hey, man. Pster is just voicing his concern for you. Dont be rude about it. Nothing wrong with a biker giveing another biker tips, or advise. It may help. Just say "Thanks, Man" and rest easy knowing someone else is concerned for ya. Im sure he doesnt want to see anyone get squished out on a bike.

8. Jun 27, 2009 at 5:24 AM
    MurphMan

MurphMan Senility Rocks!

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    '08 Tacoma TRD Sport
    * AFE Stage 2 XP CAI System * Westin Platinum Series Black Step Bars * TruXedo Lo Pro QT Soft Roll-Up Tonneau * Dee Zee Heavyweight Truck Bed Mat * WeatherTech Extreme-Duty Floor Liners * WeatherTech In-Channel Window Visors * Sony Xplod CDX-GT81UW Receiver * Sony Xplod 2-way speakers * Boss Audio BASS600 Amplified Subwoofer * Billet Grille Mod
    +1

Older I get, easier it is to let it be and move on.

9. Jun 27, 2009 at 5:27 AM
    Pster

Pster Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    Bak Flip bed cover, shorty antenna, Peripheral iPod interface, Garmin 750 mount, add'l bed tie down rings, Westin nerf bars, hitch safe, tailgate lock, Ideal 1 3/4" turn-key clamp to secure tailgate from removal, Spare tire security cable, spare tire stainless air hose extender, Fumoto oil drain valve, Amp Research Bed X-Tender w/Schlage Cable Lock, bed mat, Redline hood struts
    Just trying to Stop the Madness. :) I sincerely hope you guys stay safe on your bikes. I really do......:) Didn't mean to prick sensitivities and get in a fight. Thread unsubscribed.

10. Jun 27, 2009 at 5:29 AM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    X2. I have crashed too many times on mine. The last few were at the track, so I wasnt hurt, just sore the next morning. Wishing safty on someone is always welcomed in my book! :)

11. Jun 27, 2009 at 5:32 AM
    MurphMan

MurphMan Senility Rocks!

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    '08 Tacoma TRD Sport
    np here. I appreciate the good thoughts.

12. Jun 27, 2009 at 6:33 AM
    GoBlueFan

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Bossier City, LA
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 PreRunner

That's why I said something to him nicely the FIRST time he started on his safety soapbox. He didn't' get the hint. He was not giving tips or advise, just his personal agenda. A simple "be safe and have fun" would have been sufficient. Just like hearing some nurse tell you about your "donorcycle". Whatever...it's not appreciated.
    I am well aware this is a very dangerous sport with serious implications. I don't take it lightly when I strap on my helmet. I can't DO it any safer than how I do it. I wear full gear, do my speeding at the track, and have my wits about me while I am riding on the street (I average 15k miles a year). I eat, sleep and breath motorcycles. I am also mentor rider for beginning riders (coach). I've been down due to MY mistakes and have avoided many idiots in cages. It's a challenge every time you ride and you must be fully engaged each time you ride. Rant off....

This was SUPPOSED to be about motorcycle dragracing, not some safeycrat forum/pissing contest. I hope it can get back to the fun shit...the dragracing.:cool:

13. Jun 27, 2009 at 6:37 AM
    GoBlueFan

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Bossier City, LA
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 PreRunner

Any pics? My buddy here has an 02 spraying as well....I holeshotted him last night and rode around him.:headbang: I tree'd him, he out 60'd me and then I just rolled by him about the 1000'. He was only running motor with me though...I kept waiting for him to buggar off, but he didn't spray. Fun run as he always brings out the best in me.

14. Jun 27, 2009 at 6:44 AM
    GoBlueFan

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Bossier City, LA
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 PreRunner

I didn't see ya....the track is up 71 about 20 miles north of Shreveport. Turn right at Gilliam, then left in Gilliam and go north about 2 miles, track is on the left. Can't miss it.

I'll be back up there on Sunday afternoon with my daughter. Gates open at 5. I'll be there about 5:30ish. We'll run until dark. PM me your cell and I'll call you.:cheers:

15. Jun 27, 2009 at 6:54 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    Sounds like you are enjoying your new motorcycle. Wish you the best times on Sunday :thumbsup:

16. Jun 27, 2009 at 7:39 AM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    Coool. That all being said, those are some pretty respectable times you put down! My Fastest at the track on my quickest bike was a 10.972 or so....But that was a Triumph Dyatona 955, with some engine mods. :eek:

17. Jun 27, 2009 at 10:38 AM
    Untamed_SS

Untamed_SS Stayed Up Too Late

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Haughton, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue Access Cab
    Alpine iDA-X200 Deck, Rockford P3, Infinity 1600 A Amp, Black Badges, "KnightRider Mod", Back-up lights. Painted Engine Cover. TRD QuickShifter & Shift Knob. MAF Calibrator. Doug Thorley LT Headers. Custom Y-Pipe. Flowmaster 50 series. Satoshi Grill
    Cool man its on. I'll be there for sure. Sunday evening. Camera in hand!

18. Jun 27, 2009 at 11:32 AM
    GoBlueFan

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Bossier City, LA
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 PreRunner

thanks. I'm a big fan of the Triples. One of the best mechanically sounding motors ever IMO, just a tick behind the Honda geardriven cam V4.

That's not a bad time on the big Daytona. Probably a handful in stock trim to get off the line.

19. Jun 27, 2009 at 1:02 PM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Jason'sLawnCare Prepared for Bambi

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Double Cab TRD Rugged Trail
    CBI Moab 2.0, CBI Trail Rider 2.0, CBI sliders w/kickout, Superwinch EPi9.0S, OME sport shocks w/886 coils, OME n182, 1.5" aal, JasonBuilt 3/16th full belly skid, BuiltRight uca, Body Mount Chop, 285/75/16 km2's, Rear cat delete, exhaust crossover rerouted, Fog light anytime, Locker mod, Rear leaf tsb, Debadged, Uws Tool Box, Electric Exhaust Cutout, AFE Pro Dry S, Kiwi Wifi, Diff Breather Relocated, Grom Ipod Adapter, Dual Diehard platinum batteries isolated by BlueSea marine switch
    140 on a bike!! I can't even imagine that, none the less in 1/4 mile. Damn. I thaugt 40 felt fast on my little toy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Jun 27, 2009 at 4:13 PM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    Yeah, the tripple sounds MEAN! I have to agree with you on the sound, but I put the tipple 955 abouve the VFRs 4 cyl. I had an old VFR 750 for a while, and it DID sound sweet, though. :) Yeah, getting the first 60" on the Triumph was tough. A better rider could have gone quicker....Maybe a half sec. or more...

Products Discussed in

To Top