LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

F-22 Raptor in R.I.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:52 PM   #1
nasty ned is just really nicenasty ned is just really nicenasty ned is just really nicenasty ned is just really nice
nasty ned's Tacoma Gallery
F-22 Raptor in R.I.

howdy folks 'just thought i'd share a little of my day.drove down to Quonset Pt. in R.I. my dad keeps his boat in wickford a littlle town right around the corner and there is a an air show this weekend,so we decide to go trolling for some bluefish and we did ok catchin a few blues &some schoolie bass up & down the point in front of the air station. well i've done this b4 &never had the coast guard tell us get out of the area & move about 1/2 mile off the point past this imaginery security zone .Long story short i never argue with 5 dudes in frog suits and little uzi type things in a zodiac type thing.so we do what wer'e told and start watching the planes practicing for the air show it's the balls !!!! canadian snow birds (9)jets,blue angels ( 4) and a couple of aero prop planes
next thing you know wer'e all looking to shore to see where this fucking roar is coming from and we see this fucking jet shooting up like the space shuttle (straight up) right off the runway i'd say about 3000 ft. and sit on its tail for what seemed like 20 seconds (not moving)then come down on it's tail like a dragster hanging a wheelie ,then into horizontal flight then bye-bye.I've been to a lot of air-shows this was no mig-29-30-32 this thing wwas doing shit that you see on star-wars my b in law thought it reminded him of some plane he saw on history channels 10 Best.i googled it is our newest stealth fighter (sickkkkk,,,,sicccckkkk God help anyone going against this thing sorry to ramble but this was (Awesome)
Old 06-26-2009, 08:58 PM   #2
HSG100 is on a distinguished road

HSG100's Tacoma Gallery
Cool, I would have liked to see that. the F-22 looks like it final has been completed, Ive seen a couple prototypes flying. Haven't seen much of what it can do besides land and take off. F-22 is nothing compared to what Russia and China are stirring up.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:05 PM   #3
ajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ajviper7's Tacoma Gallery
You should look up the F-35.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:06 PM   #4

HSG100's Tacoma Gallery
I'm surprised they would already show it off.... It hasn't been used against the enemy yet.. as far as we no. USA retired the F-117S Night Hawk like 2 years ago and finally displayed and flew it in the air show. That was there former stealth fighter. It never got displayed and used for other than actual missions until after it was retired.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:07 PM   #5

HSG100's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajviper7 View Post
You should look up the F-35.
F-35 is a badass jet. USA sold 2 of them to India for the price of F-16's. A lot of countries would like to get there hands on one of those.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:11 PM   #6
nasty ned is just really nicenasty ned is just really nicenasty ned is just really nicenasty ned is just really nice
yeah we watched it do this crazy shit for about 1/2 hour and the bonus was as i finally started paying attetion to my (fishing) rod i hauled in a nice 36'' striper to top off the day
Old 06-26-2009, 09:35 PM   #7
they were displaying the f117 right after the first gulf war started .not sure what nomenclature it had (r,s,t,) i saw it at wright-patt air base in ohio surrounded by about 7 guards with automatics think it was 90-91 they did not fly it during the show
Old 06-26-2009, 09:49 PM   #8
NREMTP CCT
Youngunner is on a distinguished road
Youngunner's Tacoma Gallery
Saw an F-22 at the Reno Air Races last summer. Pretty impressive machine. That thing can climb vertical like a rocket and can fly really slow too. I thought the government was going to cut funding for the production of the F-22?
Old 06-28-2009, 09:45 AM   #9
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSG100 View Post
F-35 is a badass jet. USA sold 2 of them to India for the price of F-16's. A lot of countries would like to get there hands on one of those.
India...INDIA!
Old 06-28-2009, 10:34 AM   #10
jflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jflan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
F-22 is nothing compared to what Russia and China are stirring up.
Well, don't keep it a secret, what are they "stirring up" ?
Old 06-28-2009, 10:43 AM   #11
Aalders has much to be proud ofAalders has much to be proud ofAalders has much to be proud ofAalders has much to be proud ofAalders has much to be proud ofAalders has much to be proud ofAalders has much to be proud ofAalders has much to be proud ofAalders has much to be proud of

Air Force: Electronic warfare tech
Name: Logan
Aalders's Tacoma Gallery
yes the F-22 is being replace by the F-35. the 22 has been around for a few years now. prob used in combat a few hundred times
Old 06-28-2009, 12:07 PM   #13
jflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jflan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aalders View Post
yes the F-22 is being replace by the F-35. the 22 has been around for a few years now. prob used in combat a few hundred times
I don't think so. They are two different classes of aircraft.
F22 is air supremacy type (like F15) and could possibly be adapted to ground attack, again like F15.
F35 is a multi-role machine with sevaral variants. There is even a VTOL variant (Harrier + Hornet + steroids).
Old 06-28-2009, 12:07 PM   #14

jflan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch aka View Post
Sorry,
x2
Old 06-28-2009, 12:26 PM   #16
REALLY!!
mrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: F-22 Crew Chief
Name: Brent
mrp192's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm surprised they would already show it off.... It hasn't been used against the enemy yet.. as far as we no. USA retired the F-117S Night Hawk like 2 years ago and finally displayed and flew it in the air show. That was there former stealth fighter. It never got displayed and used for other than actual missions until after it was retired.
the F-117 isnt a fighter.. back in the 70s the US could only have so many bombers so they said it was a fighter..

"F-22 is nothing compared to what Russia and China are stirring up."

The F-22 will fuck the shit out of the Russian and Chinese jets.

I work on the F-22, we are getting the last of the new F-22 so they are start the production of the F-35s. The F-35 is a Nato Jet. Just like the F-16 was..

im the one not in coveralls..

Old 06-28-2009, 01:28 PM   #18
GoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to all

Air Force: Load Toad (462/2W1)
Name: Jon
GoBlueFan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Cool, I would have liked to see that. the F-22 looks like it final has been completed, Ive seen a couple prototypes flying. Haven't seen much of what it can do besides land and take off. F-22 is nothing compared to what Russia and China are stirring up.

Really? We've had them in operational squadrons for a few years now. None used in anger yet, but it's time will come.

If you think the ruskies and commie chinamen have something in their sleeves, it's just a knock-off of what we've already got. They've proven over and over again that they are unable to stand on their own and bring a competitive jet to the air. They have to steal the technology or copy it.

Even IF they have the same airframe, it's the flightsuit insert and avionics packages that makes the differences (to include the maintainers as well). No one does it better than we do when it comes to air superiority. Period.
Old 06-28-2009, 02:54 PM   #20
REALLY!!
mrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: F-22 Crew Chief
Name: Brent
mrp192's Tacoma Gallery
2A353k AKA crewchief