LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Garmin Edge 305

Old 07-20-2009, 04:22 PM   #1
NetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NetMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Garmin Edge 305

a couple of my co-workers ride alot and they turned me onto GPS computers for bicycles. i had never considered a GPS for a bike, i do some mountain biking and i always wondered what elevation i climbed up to; among other things.

so i did some research and found the Garmin Edge 305 (which my co-workers use too).
it comes with software to display heart rates, % grades, elevation assents/descents, RPM (cadence), speed, calories burned, time, distance, elevation, etc… and then maps out your course on google maps.

there is also a garmin run website that you can upload your data to and share it with others. here is my ride from yesterday:
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/9175579

i got the Edge with the cadence and heart monitor so it was a little bit more. on the garmin website, they sell it for $400, but i found it on amazon for $261. i also saw it at best buy for $180 (w/o the heart rate and cadence monitors).

for anyone who bicycles (and who is a stat hound/numbers geek like me), i highly recommend this device.