1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cloning Plants/Air Layering/Gardening ???

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by raskal311, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Aug 10, 2009 at 2:01 PM
    raskal311

raskal311 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    S. Cal
    5100 set to max, pending LSD and TRD CAI
    I’d like to clone a few fruit trees in my yard to give away. I did some reading on Air Layering and it seems pretty straight forward. My only question is is using root growth hormone beneficial or is it just a waist of money? All of the links I was able to find about it were all related to growing marijuana so our servicer blocked it out.

If it is beneficial what brand should I buy? I did drop by a hydroponic store but all their expertise was also in growing marijuana.

2. Aug 10, 2009 at 2:12 PM
    97Blk_one

97Blk_one Well-Known Member

Member:
    Memfrica
    Vehicle:
    not so low
    A whole lot,But not satify
    In the old day we used to scrapped the bark off the tree that you try to cloned from. First scrapped all the bark off around 4" to 5 " in round, then take some dirts and put it in a plastic bag wrap a round the area that you scrapped off, make sure water would have access to the area that being wrapped, so the new root would grow out of that area where you scrapped off,then when you can tell there're roots. All you have to do is cut below the roots so you can take it and plant somewhere else.

3. Aug 10, 2009 at 2:24 PM
    raskal311

raskal311 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    S. Cal
    5100 set to max, pending LSD and TRD CAI
    All my readings tell me to wrap it so no moister can get in or out. And instead of dirt I plan on using moss. My father in-law tried it just how you described it and the roots seem to develop really slowly.

Products Discussed in

To Top