Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Ex-Eagles Fan

Old 08-14-2009, 09:22 AM   #1
Hot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pat
Hot Tamale's Tacoma Gallery
Ex-Eagles Fan

Before I begin, please let me say that my status as an ex-Eagle fan has nothing to do with Michael Vick.
I am an ex-Eagles fan because I can no longer tolerate the arrogance of Jeffrey Lurie, Joe Banner, Andy Reid, and Donovan McNabb. The other day Andy Reid lit into one of the local newspaper reporters and threw a hissy fit because he asked about an injury. This is the reporters job, if he didn't want to answer him, he could have just said his usual, "I'm not going to comment on that." (That line irks me as well!) The Eagles are not the "Gold Standard that Luire thinks they are. I doubt highly they will get into the playoff this year and if they do, will not get out of the first round.
When Andy Reid first came here he had a 5 Year Plan. We are now into the 11th year of the 5 Year Plan. He really must have pictures on somebody. McNabb is a good quarterback, but he thinks he's a great quarterback and can be very arrogant in some of his interview.
These are the reasons I am resigning as an Eagles fan and will now be a fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers even though they are across the state.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:25 AM   #2
Phightin Phils 2008 Champs
Niknaq will become famous soon enoughNiknaq will become famous soon enough

Air Force: 1A3
Name: Nick
Niknaq's Tacoma Gallery
wow, that is embarrassing. how can you jump teams? I dont care if they go 0-16 for the next 71/2 years you cant just jump teams.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:26 AM   #3
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
gooooo cowboys
Old 08-14-2009, 09:31 AM   #4
Patrick is on a distinguished road
Patrick's Tacoma Gallery
dude, im a die hard hometown patriots fan and i was willing to give up on them if they signed Vick. I like my pitbulls better then Vick. I wouldnt give up on your team and cross lines over that media stuff. If I was gonna give up on the Pats I would give up on NFL football. Mostly cause Ive cursed all of the other teams a whole lot. I wouldnt give up on your team over the media.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:09 AM   #5
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Bandwagon much?
Old 08-14-2009, 10:17 AM   #6
His and Hers
TacomaDoug has a spectacular aura aboutTacomaDoug has a spectacular aura aboutTacomaDoug has a spectacular aura about

TacomaDoug's Tacoma Gallery
Saints fan here. Through and through. Thick and thin. Lots of suffering over the years but still hanging in.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:34 AM   #7
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Mostly thin, huh?

When I was a kid I was a Cowboys fan, but I've never really cared much about any NFL team. I enjoy watching the games, but find myself pulling against a team more often than I pull for one. Around here, College Football is king.

With a gun to my head I'd pick the Titans as my team, but only b/c they're close by. I have a single Titans t-shirt... that I got for free with a subscription to SI.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:39 AM   #8
Stock Taco For Now
311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
311offroad's Tacoma Gallery
go pack go
Old 08-14-2009, 10:49 AM   #9
His and Hers
TacomaDoug has a spectacular aura aboutTacomaDoug has a spectacular aura aboutTacomaDoug has a spectacular aura about

TacomaDoug's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws4ua View Post
Mostly thin, huh?
Yep. They're my boys though.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:50 AM   #10

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
At least you're a loyal fan.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:04 PM   #11
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws4ua View Post
At least you're a loyal fan.
No shit, this is the freaking NFL. All of the owners and coaches have huge ego's. Probably why they are in the positions they are in...

One team wins every year, one. It is so tough to win in the NFL, that making the palyoffs and NFC Championship game like Philly has 4 out of the last 5 years (I think without looking it up) is darn good.

I am a long suffering Chiefs fan, but I am not going anywhere.

Also I disagree with your outlook of the Eagles. I think they are going to be real good...there offensive weapons are unreal. Now add Vick and Maclin...wow. And to switch to the Steelers...your neighbors will shoot you.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:31 PM   #12
Member Extraordinaire
SoCal Tom has much to be proud ofSoCal Tom has much to be proud ofSoCal Tom has much to be proud ofSoCal Tom has much to be proud ofSoCal Tom has much to be proud ofSoCal Tom has much to be proud ofSoCal Tom has much to be proud ofSoCal Tom has much to be proud ofSoCal Tom has much to be proud of

SoCal Tom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
McNabb is a good quarterback, but he thinks he's a great quarterback and can be very arrogant in some of his interview.
I don't know man. McNabb's QB rating for his career is pretty impressive (85.78). That puts him ahead of Brett Favre, Troy Aikman, and Roger Staubach. Last season his TD/Interception ratio was better than 2:1. I know that numbers don't tell the whole story but he has a great track record.

I can't comment on his arrogance because I haven't noticed.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:42 PM   #13
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Not that I get into the NFL or anything. I enjoy watching the games....

I don't like the Eagles either. Not exactly sure why.... I never liked the Stealers either. My husband is a Dallas fan - so, I'm a Dallas fan right alongside him. It's more fun that way.

I hate the arrogance in any sports. The unprofessionalism totally sucks.
Yeah, yeah....your popular and famous, get hounded by TV, new, & various reporters. That probably does get annoying. But guess what?
YOu're getting paid a shitload of money - DEAL WITH IT and act like a professional or else get the hell out!!
Old 08-14-2009, 02:22 PM   #14
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
Not sure that comment was necessary.
x2 that was not necessary
Old 08-14-2009, 02:23 PM   #15
Red Sox Nation
Delrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Lcdr, retired
Name: Jonathan
Delrivpilot's Tacoma Gallery
I second Patrick's comment. I too and a diehard New England fan. I know you said that is not the main reason, I believe you. But when I heard rumblings that we might sign Vick, I was about to be sick. Don't want the media attention. That is my main reason. Just had enough of it with the whole cheating thing. Sorry to preach! By the way, I am about 2 blocks from the Lincoln Financial field and there was a good crowd of anti Vick fans. Yikes!!!
Old 08-14-2009, 02:23 PM   #16
Kenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: MSgt (Retired)
Name: Ken
Kenobe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendooman View Post
No shit, this is the freaking NFL. All of the owners and coaches have huge ego's. Probably why they are in the positions they are in...

One team wins every year, one. It is so tough to win in the NFL, that making the palyoffs and NFC Championship game like Philly has 4 out of the last 5 years (I think without looking it up) is darn good.

I am a long suffering Chiefs fan, but I am not going anywhere.

Also I disagree with your outlook of the Eagles. I think they are going to be real good...there offensive weapons are unreal. Now add Vick and Maclin...wow. And to switch to the Steelers...your neighbors will shoot you.
Ditto, growing up in KC I'll love the Chiefs to the day I die. But it seems every year I start out GO CHIEFS with an eventual AH CRAP!
Old 08-14-2009, 02:29 PM   #17
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Not even a little bit funny
Old 08-14-2009, 02:29 PM   #18
KodiakVA is on a distinguished road
KodiakVA's Tacoma Gallery
Damn SilverSeven, does seven signify your age?

Hot Tamale, could be worse you could be a Lions fan. After you think about if for a while you will be back with the Eagles. Just take a little time to realize most of the franchises of the NFL act this way.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:32 PM   #19
420Tacoma will become famous soon enough

420Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Wow... Maybe you weren't a true fan to begin with or maybe the Steelers won Superbowl so you're jumping ships and using the media crap as an excuse? Go Chargers... I've been through the good & the bad during my time- from Stan Humpheries to the Ryan leaf days
Old 08-14-2009, 04:05 PM   #20
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordon
SilverSeven's Tacoma Gallery
no its just a philly thing apparently.. This situation is bringing all the douche bag, bandwagon fans out of the wood work... This is giving those who have no balls an opportunity to join eachother in harmony. This is the best thing that has happend to the eagles in yaers, not only do we get a great player, but we lose all the filler fans and maybe even gain some seats back at the link!

Good riddance!