Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Favre on the Plane to MN

Old 08-18-2009, 07:59 AM   #1
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Favre on the Plane to MN

Rumor out of Minneapolis airport is that Favre is on the plane and is going to sign by noon or 6pm today
Players on the team are still saying itís a done deal and that he did not want the training camp Dorm Room hoopla for the first 2 weeks.

Old 08-18-2009, 08:03 AM   #3
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Should have retired before last season. This is ridiculous.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:10 AM   #4
DaCruiser is on a distinguished road
Army: 1st Cav
DaCruiser's Tacoma Gallery
Report: Favre to sign with Vikings

By John McIntyre
Last update: August 18, 2009 - 10:05 AM

WCCO-TV is reporting that a high-level source with the Minnesota Vikings tells the stationís Mark Rosen that quarterback Brett Favre is expected to sign with the team today.
Favre is on currently on his way to Minneapolis and is expected to sign with the team this afternoon, the station adding, citing its source.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:31 AM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
*looking for baseball bat*

Matt....remember our talk?
Old 08-18-2009, 08:47 AM   #7
The clown has no penis...
smallcandle is a name known to allsmallcandle is a name known to allsmallcandle is a name known to allsmallcandle is a name known to allsmallcandle is a name known to allsmallcandle is a name known to all

Name: Brian
smallcandle's Tacoma Gallery
Who's Brett Favre?
Old 08-18-2009, 11:26 AM   #9
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
I was going to create a new thread but thought I'd do a little search first. I guess I won't be the one to break the news of Favre's re-un-retirement.

I'm getting sick of this. I was a big fan of his, but enough is enough.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:49 AM   #10
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Brett

I think Brett was one hell of a good player but when its time to go, its time to go. I think he may have a lot of "emotions" driving his decisions instead of using his head. He is a good person and I think he has a lot to offer off of the field with such things as charity work or football analysis or announcing.

He needs to let go and let more of these young players move in and get a chance to play or at least that is the way I see it.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:48 PM   #11
thecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thecoldone06's Tacoma Gallery
He signed:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4406963
Old 08-18-2009, 01:14 PM   #12
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoldone06 View Post

Yep SWEET! Looks like I'll be cheering for 3 teams again this year.

1. The Packers - of course

2. The Vikequeens - cause Favre is still "our" guy and he's got what it takes with a solid RB and Def to make a run for the ring

3. Any team playing the Bears - just a die hard Packer fan guys
Old 08-18-2009, 01:15 PM   #13
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
He tarnished his legacy when he signed with the Jets.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:18 PM   #14
Lets Do It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
He tarnished his legacy when he signed with the Jets.

He was on the field in GB and Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy kicked him off the team because they wanted to move on to Mr Rogers. The guy still wanted to play so he signed with the Jets...he likes the NFC central and now wants to make another run for the ring against his old team and rivals in the central. Who are we to say he can't retire, come back etc. Plus he's getting some big $$ to do it!! So if you had the opportunity to play for 10 million a year for a team and fans who want you..I'm sure you would just say no right?

Its the NFL anything is possible. Montana played for another team and he's in the hallo fame with the 49'ers
Old 08-18-2009, 01:23 PM   #16
Lets Do It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuma Taco View Post
Who really cares???? He's just like a politician

Yuma Taco,
1/2 of the Midwest USA...its a local thing and on every channel everyday. I'm just glad that he has signed so we can move on..DAmn Green Bay channels have nothing but this on for the first 5 minutes of the sports every night. My wife gets pissed cause it interupts her SOAPS during the day and I hear about it..

Beats bitching about OBAMACARE etc...any day of the week
Old 08-18-2009, 01:30 PM   #17
NAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NAAC3TACO's Tacoma Gallery
I guess he wants to extend his record for interceptions.

I know that wasn't nice. He's a good guy, but it's time to retire for good this time. Of course I'm biased as a 49er fan. That guy kicked the Niner's ass so many times in the nineties it wasn't even funny.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:33 PM   #19
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery

A coworker of mine knows why Favre keeps doing this...

He walks into the basement of his house and stares at his "I Love Me Wall." He only sees one Jersey... it's green and yellow... He decides that he needs another jersey up there... so he goes to the Jets... At the end of last season, he hung his new Jets jersey up there... damn... it's green too! He must have decided he wanted a little more color on his love me wall...
Old 08-18-2009, 01:46 PM   #20
NAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NAAC3TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
JUDAS!
Sorry. I apologize.