1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

anyone seen these????trophy karts

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by 350TacoZilla, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Jan 1, 2008 at 11:45 PM
    350TacoZilla

350TacoZilla [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hancock MD
    Vehicle:
    1997 3RZ 5spd 4x4 Reg Cab
    2.7L 3RZ,K&N filter, 4" deck plate mod,flowmaster 40 series,3" suspension lift, hybrid 52"chevy/toyota rear springs.
    www.trophykart.com or youtube trophy kart...lol look like hella fun if you have a nice race track...but you guys no my personality by now.... why spend $6900 on a 2wd 260cc cvt trans truck when you could build one (buying the body from them) using ATV sourced parts...(i thought of my 80 honda cm400a 2 speed stick shift auto motorcycle as a power plant but dont wanna hurt it) ....so here is my big plan...either build one from total scratch... getting like bare spindle shafts and bearing/hubs like these

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200334714_200334714

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200314611_200314611

building the cage and rear axle...ebay has tons of disk brake kits for go karts.then use like a salvage found bike or fourwheeler for misc steering and suspension pieces...or here is my master plan if you had the cash... bare with me on this one but if you think about it it is cool and makes sense

i can get a brand new 500 cc 4x4 shaft drive cvt trans 4lo equiped kymco atv for $4300 from a buddy ....cut the frame right infront of engine... cut drive shaft etc....push the front suspension out far enought to match the wheelbase of the trophy kart body and build a "cab" section to go between the two...lengthen the drive shaft for the front,... fab up steering etc...cut front suspension arms and add about 2.5-3" width to them and the front axles (not like they need to be perfectly balanced) to match the truck body width..... then just a pair of wideners on the rear and you would have a 500 cc 4x4 mini truck with usable suspension travel....power to spare...4lo!!!!! and would end up putting in i figure about $5500 using all new parts ( such as the seat and steering wheel) or i can get the 2wd 250-300cc kymco's new for 3400-3700 and do same thing except no front diff or shafts to mess with and would be more sport tuned suspension like the trophy kart....yes I'm sick :eek: my GF thinks I'm nuts but i want to build one...bad.... ;)4wd version.....and also since i would be all atv under spinnings you could get an atv winch...atv snow plow (how cool would that be) etc... not to mention trophy karts use golf cart or lawn mower looking tires...this would have atv tires with tons of other options out there i can see a rock crawling series with rigs you can load into the bed of your taco:D

Attached Files:

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Jan 2, 2008 at 9:06 AM
    spp

spp OC, Kalifornia

Member:
    OC California
    Neighbor down the street has one. Sorta cool when his little girl is driving it but really looks GAY with a full sized adult driving it.:rolleyes:

3. Jan 2, 2008 at 7:56 PM
    350TacoZilla

Member:
    Hancock MD
    Vehicle:
    2.7L 3RZ,K&N filter, 4" deck plate mod,flowmaster 40 series,3" suspension lift, hybrid 52"chevy/toyota rear springs.
    lol yeah and I believe i am full size LOL but I am a huge kid... honda oddessy was cool....then four wheelers...then 500cc honda xls... then street bikes (had 6 so far including a 152hp zx6r ninja)....then i started buying samurais for trail vehs...but this would just be a huge toy... kinda like my rc cars...but i can ride in it

4. Jan 13, 2008 at 10:51 AM
    909tacoma

909tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07' Prerunner SR5 TRD
    I have seen them in person at the local Yamaha dealer... Looked pretty chessy me... Only part I liked on it was the King shocks, other then that I would rather have a Honda Odyssy or Yamaha Rhino....
    Just my two cents...

5. Jan 13, 2008 at 10:44 PM
    350TacoZilla

Member:
    Hancock MD
    Vehicle:
    yeah I just like the truck body idea rather than the look of an odyssy or rhino

Products Discussed in

To Top