Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Hockey Gear

Old 08-24-2009, 06:33 PM   #1
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: (2T2X1)Air Force Rigger
Name: "Butters"
AFButters's Tacoma Gallery
Hockey Gear

I grew up playing Ice Hockey, started skating when I was about 4 and got into hockey at Age 5, I played until I was 19 competivly, and then played in some Adult Leagues here and there till I joined the AF.

When I got to Pope the Rink here was shut down for renovations and re-opened right before i got deployed, So basicly for the last 3-4 years I have only skated maybe a dozen times.

I am trying to get back into it but I need to replace some of my gear.

Shoulder, Shin, Elbow Pads at the least.

Pants, Helmet and Gloves are good, Skates def need to be sharpened.

I guess what im trying to get at is I know there is a few guys on here that play.. Cough, The Canadians... eh, Cough..

Where Can I find some gear at a good price online?.. I am havig a hard timea t work as some of the sites are blocked on the work computer.

But I have found some stuff I would like just don't know if it is available cheaper anywhere else.

What I have found

SHER-WOOD 5030 SHOULDER PAD SR - LARGE - $29.99

EASTON SYNERGY ST6 SHIN GUARDS - SENIOR - 16" $37.99
SHER-WOOD 5030 ELBOW PADS - SENIOR - LARGE -$19.99

the leagues around here and most leagues I have seen for "Adults" are non contact so im not looking for any Big pads.. just something inbetween the puck and my "6pack"... lol..
Old 08-25-2009, 08:37 PM   #2
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: (2T2X1)Air Force Rigger
Name: "Butters"
AFButters's Tacoma Gallery
bump
Old 08-25-2009, 08:40 PM   #3
Be a thinker, not a stinker
usctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

usctacoma's Tacoma Gallery
What is this "hockey" that you speak of?
Old 08-25-2009, 08:58 PM   #4
waltonhockey17 is on a distinguished road
Name: Alex
waltonhockey17's Tacoma Gallery
ya dude i played roller hockey for 10 years and now im in college now in a hick ass town so theres not a rink for 300 miles . but go to like epuck.com or hockeygiant i always used those and they have the best prices. good luck
Old 08-26-2009, 05:44 PM   #5
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
I would look for closeouts,or last years stock,you can save big bucks buying discontinued stuff.Often it is just a slight change in color or graphic,but it's cosidered leftover once the new model line comes out.I'm a big Nike/Bauer fan and there are also places that will buy pro demos and sell them at huge savings.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:47 PM   #6
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
My buddies have ordered from this company a lot.

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/
Old 08-28-2009, 11:01 PM   #7
Official TW Igloo Builder
cantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hugh Jass
cantac09's Tacoma Gallery
i dont know about where to find stuff in the states but in my opinion the best stuff is usually easton or nike/bauer. easton for sticks and some pads and nike bauer for skates helmet and gloves
Old 08-28-2009, 11:03 PM   #8
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantac09 View Post
i dont know about where to find stuff in the states but in my opinion the best stuff is usually easton or nike/bauer. easton for sticks and some pads and nike bauer for skates helmet and gloves
That's the combo I had for almost all of my hockey career
Old 08-28-2009, 11:26 PM   #9
WESTern Alliance: NORCAL COAST
BeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BeefTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Check these places out some good deals in the clearance area's.

http://www.hockeygiant.com/
http://www.discounthockey.com/
http://www.totalhockey.net/
Old 08-28-2009, 11:26 PM   #10
kvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud of

Air Force: MSgt // Security Forces   Retired after 22 yrs of service
kvnhlstd's Tacoma Gallery
They used to play alot of hockey over in Germany, Zweibruken had a rink on base.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:42 PM   #11
My R6 Eats Me
AlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
AlexForbesR6's Tacoma Gallery
+1 on hockeymonkey and hockeygiant

me and my dad have both bought most of our shiznit off there...

and we are big CCM fans...he just got a new set of the U+ Pro's off hockeymonkey