Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Pittsburgh Pirates

Old 09-08-2009, 10:21 AM   #1
My other car is a Bugatti
steelerfan7p will become famous soon enough

Name: Yes
Location: Fairmont, WV (1 Hour South of the City of Champions)
steelerfan7p's Tacoma Gallery
Pittsburgh Pirates

Well, they just secured their 17th consecutive losing season. Thats the longest string of any professional sports team in America ever. I'm just glad that a PROFESSIONAL team is going to take the field on Thursday and not a FARM club. Thank goodness for football season!!!!!! Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go!!!! and Let's Go Mountaineers!!!!!
Old 09-08-2009, 08:49 PM   #2
Member Extraordinaire
SoCal Tom has much to be proud ofSoCal Tom has much to be proud ofSoCal Tom has much to be proud ofSoCal Tom has much to be proud ofSoCal Tom has much to be proud ofSoCal Tom has much to be proud ofSoCal Tom has much to be proud ofSoCal Tom has much to be proud ofSoCal Tom has much to be proud of

SoCal Tom's Tacoma Gallery
No amount of talent can overcome an uncomitted owner. small market teams can be competitive---Twins, A's, Mariners, etc. Obviously not all this season!
Old 09-08-2009, 08:54 PM   #3
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
The problem with Pittsburg P's is that their front office makes ludicrous trades and decisions, often for the worse...
Old 09-08-2009, 09:06 PM   #4
Chewbacca ate my cereal.
Wing is a splendid one to beholdWing is a splendid one to beholdWing is a splendid one to beholdWing is a splendid one to beholdWing is a splendid one to beholdWing is a splendid one to beholdWing is a splendid one to beholdWing is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: SSGT 2A373
Name: Grant
Wing's Tacoma Gallery
Try being a Royals fan...that's all I gotta say 'bout that one!
Old 09-08-2009, 09:07 PM   #5
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing View Post

Sorry man.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:11 PM   #6
Member Extraordinaire
SoCal Tom has much to be proud ofSoCal Tom has much to be proud ofSoCal Tom has much to be proud ofSoCal Tom has much to be proud ofSoCal Tom has much to be proud ofSoCal Tom has much to be proud ofSoCal Tom has much to be proud ofSoCal Tom has much to be proud ofSoCal Tom has much to be proud of

Quote:
I think it's gotta be tough to be a fan of a team like the Royals or Pirates.

Also, do Royals and Pirates fans think a salary cap would change their team for the better? I look at the Clippers and Lions and think the Pirates would still be crappy.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:49 PM   #7
Chewbacca ate my cereal.
Wing is a splendid one to beholdWing is a splendid one to beholdWing is a splendid one to beholdWing is a splendid one to beholdWing is a splendid one to beholdWing is a splendid one to beholdWing is a splendid one to beholdWing is a splendid one to behold

Wing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal Tom View Post
I think it's gotta be tough to be a fan of a team like the Royals or Pirates.

Also, do Royals and Pirates fans think a salary cap would change their team for the better? I look at the Clippers and Lions and think the Pirates would still be crappy.
A salary cap wouldn't make the Royals better. It would make the Yankees worse.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:08 PM   #8
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
The problem with Pittsburg P's is that their front office makes ludicrous trades and decisions, often for the worse...

Sounds like the Padres.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:25 PM   #9
Chewbacca ate my cereal.

Wing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
Sounds like the Padres.
Nah, the Pads I think are still in the middle of being sold. That being said, they are moving all their over priced veterans for some decent organizational depth. The Pads have some good looking youngsters in Banks and Venable and don't forget about Gonzales. That dude is a STUD. Pitching is on it's way too. San Diego will be back to respectability real soon.

I met Trevor Hoffman three years ago. What a rock solid dude! I was presenting the colors for one of the MLB games being played out here in Vegas and he happened to come out of the locker room to finish up on a phone call. I said to him, "Excuse me Mr. Hoffman, sir?" and he came right up to the four of us. We made some small talk, told him I was a huge fan, wished him luck on taking down the saves record, and asked if he'd toss a ball around as many Padres as he could and get me some signatures. 10 minutes later he showed back up and Said, "Excuse me SSgt (my last name), sir?" And proceeded to toss me a ball with tons of sigs on it! Awesome experience! That's the short version...
Old 09-08-2009, 11:30 PM   #10
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah, Trevor is a real cool dude. I hate to see him play for another team though. I think the Padres will be alright next year.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:05 AM   #11

If you have the right management you can do just about anything. Look at the Florida Marlins. They've won it twice in the last twelve years and they still can't put people in the seats. The Rockies and Rays are two other small market teams that made it to the world series. And the thing is, the Pirates would sell out every singe game if they just had a flash of competing because Pittsburgh is crazy about sports.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:24 AM   #12
Seniore Marcos
Snyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant future
Snyperx's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Snyperx Send a message via Yahoo to Snyperx Send a message via Skype™ to Snyperx
Don't even get me started.

I'm a Cubs fan.......Why God? Why!!

Old 09-09-2009, 06:55 AM   #13
JeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JeffRock's Tacoma Gallery
It is tough being a Pirate fan..... Every year I just root for the Red sox... Knowing Pittsburgh is out of it..
Old 09-09-2009, 10:25 AM   #14
Member Extraordinaire

Quote:
A salary cap wouldn't make the Royals better. It would make the Yankees worse.
This is probably a better to think about it.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:49 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyperx View Post
Don't even get me started.

I'm a Cubs fan.......Why God? Why!!

I was at the game where the Cubs beat the Pirates 17-2. I caught a home run ball!
Old 09-09-2009, 02:29 PM   #16
NAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NAAC3TACO's Tacoma Gallery
I went to a couple of Reno Aces (AAA team for the Dbacks) games this weekend. They looked so good sweeping Fresno, they could probably beat the Pirates.

Of course, this is coming from a life long Giant's fan. They haven't won a World Series since moving to SF even though they have had some good teams. At least a wildcard berth is possible this year, but I'm sure they will just tease me till the end.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:27 AM   #17

I went to a Pirates game last year when they played the Giants. The guy right in front of me caught a Bonds ball. I touched it.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:42 PM   #18
Chewbacca ate my cereal.

Wing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerfan7p View Post
I went to a Pirates game last year when they played the Giants. The guy right in front of me caught a Bonds ball. I touched it.

No you didn't. Barry Bonds didn't play baseball last year.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:10 PM   #20
www.BeLikeBrit.org
fletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
fletch aka's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going to thread jack this for a moment.
Two best games I've ever been at, first, I watched Kent Mercker no hit the Dodgers, the next night got him to autograph the ticket from his no hit game
Next, caught a foul ball at Jack Murphy stadium. I had the game recording on the VCR at home and got to watch myself catch the ball when I got home, of course now I can't find the tape