Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

What Ive been doing all summer

Old 09-09-2009, 03:36 PM   #1
Stock Taco For Now
311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
311offroad's Tacoma Gallery
What Ive been doing all summer

These are from LaborDay weekend.

Been wakeboarding about a year now (started at the end of last summer) and I got to say it is my new addiction. Nothing beats a day on the lake

Pop 180 to get to switch

Anyone else on here do some wakeboarding?
Old 09-09-2009, 03:42 PM   #2
Glamour Shot
ajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ajohnson's Tacoma Gallery
nice pics man your getting pretty good. I started when I was about 16 with a cheap board and then I got a Hyperlite Parks 138 board with Parks bindings, but then I kinda gave up for a few summers. I got back into this summer right where I left off. I'm still trying to learn how to ride switch. It looks like that boat doesn't have a tower but your still getting some decent air. nice 311 sticker
Old 09-09-2009, 03:44 PM   #3
College.
PatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt/6153 - CH-53E Airframe/Hydraulics Mechanic, HMH-464, MAG 29, 2nd MAW
Name: Pat
PatHLC128's Tacoma Gallery
i tried it for the first time this summer. i got up on my 5th or 6th try, it was a lot of fun but my feet kept cramping up like crazy. ill definitely go again if i get a chance.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:49 PM   #4
Stock Taco For Now
311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson View Post
nice pics man your getting pretty good. I started when I was about 16 with a cheap board and then I got a Hyperlite Parks 138 board with Parks bindings, but then I kinda gave up for a few summers. I got back into this summer right where I left off. I'm still trying to learn how to ride switch. It looks like that boat doesn't have a tower but your still getting some decent air. nice 311 sticker

I have a couple friends with towers but both of their boats are down right now!!! yea, got to stick to the towerless strecthy rope for now. hopefully next summer will bring better toys lol

thanks for the compliments tho!
Old 09-09-2009, 03:53 PM   #5
The MOST Badass Offroad Truck
BravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
BravesFan's Tacoma Gallery
Gosh i love wakeboarding so much, even when i completly wipeout after a fall and it kills i still want to go again its so fun
Old 09-09-2009, 03:54 PM   #6
petersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Do you need to ask?! It's up there ^
petersharp's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, I have done a lot of wakeboarding, but not doing so much now - too much risk of injury. I have 3 or 4 friends who have wake boats (X30, 210 and a V-Ride) so I am lucky to be able to go quite often. However recently I realized I'm just as happy being on the lake as wakeboarding.
Old 09-09-2009, 04:28 PM   #7
Stock Taco For Now

Firefighter:
yea the whole high risk of injury thing is kinda bad but hey ya only live once. no pain no game. kinda puts a whole new twist to the saying "go break a leg" tho doesn't it
Old 09-09-2009, 04:34 PM   #9
Mod'n on a Budget
1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
Man I haven't wakeboarded in about 9 months now. Just haven't had the time to take the boat out. What a difference though once you ride behind a boat with a tower. I can do the 180 thing but other than that and jumping the wake I've got no other tricks.

Lol I found a video clip on my cell phone that someone took where I do I nice face plant trying to do a flip for the first time
Old 09-09-2009, 04:40 PM   #10
Stock Taco For Now

Firefighter:
Lake Sinclair, Milledgeville GA

haha yea i almost got a concussion trying to do a surface 180 a while bak... edge of the board caught half way around and BAM didn't have time to do anything. saw some stars for a few minutes and had a killer headache. took a breather and i was bak out again haha
Old 09-09-2009, 04:41 PM   #11
Stock Taco For Now

Firefighter:
BY THE WAY, if you have been involved in a hobby or sport this summer (non tacoma related) then post up pics and tell us about it in this thread!!
Old 09-09-2009, 04:45 PM   #12
THE RED DRAGON!!
TexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
TexasIslandBoy's Tacoma Gallery
yea i wakeboard i just started back up i like to wakeskate too but wake surfing is what im the best at
Old 09-09-2009, 05:24 PM   #13
Stock Taco For Now

Firefighter:
Ima try out wakeskating and wakesurfing next season, shit looks fun as hell
Old 09-10-2009, 07:29 AM   #15
Stock Taco For Now

Firefighter:
Thanks for the compliments, like i said above, yal post pics of hobbies and sports you've been a part of this summer
Old 09-14-2009, 03:25 PM   #16
Addicted to V8s
Toph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Toph's Tacoma Gallery
this is me doing my trademark "Superman" move

Old 09-29-2009, 08:46 PM   #19
Official TW Igloo Builder
cantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hugh Jass
cantac09's Tacoma Gallery
ya i like wakeboarding too but im more of a slalom guy