Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Who Plays Disc Golf?

Old 05-14-2010, 04:12 PM   #41
brow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud of

Name: Andy
brow's Tacoma Gallery
I shoot a champion teebird and a champion beast... not that I actually bought either of those, all of my discs have gone through the water hazard exchange on my home course. Lose a disc, find a disc, it all evens out eventually.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:39 PM   #42
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motive View Post
As the weather just started getting better I started riding my MB down river and I guess the Parks & Rec put in a hippie golf course last winter... Well I want to try this out since its about a mile down river from me! I guess I need to start with some discs!

It is alot of fun. I just started out with a midrange disc.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:50 PM   #43
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Theres several disc golf courses out here in Scottsdale. My buddies and I used to play all the time but we just sorted lost interest after about a year
Old 05-17-2010, 11:51 PM   #44
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by brow View Post
I shoot a champion teebird and a champion beast... not that I actually bought either of those, all of my discs have gone through the water hazard exchange on my home course. Lose a disc, find a disc, it all evens out eventually.
I'm nervous about slinging over a water hazard, when the discs are $12+ a pop. The course I have played doesn't have a water hazard. But a couple of them I want to try soon, do.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:29 PM   #45
BSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BSPDX's Tacoma Gallery
I started a couple months ago and I'm hooked... Been playing 18 everyday after work and 36 on the weekends, it seems as if I get better everytime out. Damn addictions... Thanks Will!
Old 07-28-2010, 05:35 PM   #46
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motive View Post
I started a couple months ago and I'm hooked... Been playing 18 everyday after work and 36 on the weekends, it seems as if I get better everytime out. Damn addictions... Thanks Will!
anytime man!!!

i havent played in over a year.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:40 PM   #47
Tacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tacoma831's Tacoma Gallery
Damn this thread makes me want to go out and throw some discs! I've been playing for about 7 years now and I love the sport. There are two nice courses within 15 miles of each other where I live. I went to highschool with the former world champion Nate Doss.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:57 PM   #48
Lord of Tomfoolery

I've been aching to go. But until the heat dies down I won't be out there. Been in the upper 90's here for a few weeks.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:12 PM   #49
x ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: tony
x ynot's Tacoma Gallery
add me to the list of players
Old 07-20-2011, 02:07 AM   #50
Lord of Tomfoolery

Bring on fall. I'm ready to get back to playing disc golf.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:19 AM   #51
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
i have a disk my brother gave me. idk what kind it is. and i have never been. i may go some time.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:27 AM   #52
Lord of Tomfoolery

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO721 View Post
i have a disk my brother gave me. idk what kind it is. and i have never been. i may go some time.
Here is a great site to find local courses.
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/

My Son & I used youtube to learn how to throw.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:37 AM   #53
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by genxer36 View Post
Here is a great site to find local courses.
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/

My Son & I used youtube to learn how to throw.
ok thanks! i looked at thats site. and there are quit a few around me. and i use you tube to learn way to much stuff. lol. i have been using it lately to learn how to play the guitar.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:25 PM   #54
Raddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Russell
Raddbus's Tacoma Gallery
I started play disc golf back in 1990 in Arizona when i was in collage, when I came back to Cali, they had not heard of it yet. 5 years later they installed a course in my home town park. I've been hooked from the start. Now I play it alot during the summer month when i get my kids. My middle son, 15, is really good and has been for a long time. Everytime we are at the park, people couldn't believe that long and accurate of a throw came from him. Great sport, really cheap, buy the disc for $10-$20 and all the courses I've been to were free, can't beet the entertainment. Only wish my 12 year old would enjoy it but for now, he's our caddy, LOL
Old 08-18-2011, 03:27 PM   #55
Tacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tacoma831's Tacoma Gallery
I just played a (new to me) course in Truckee that was pretty cool.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:45 AM   #56
BSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BSPDX's Tacoma Gallery
I just shot my first Par or better the other day... -1 FTW!
Old 08-19-2011, 11:49 AM   #57
jodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonah
jodiddly33's Tacoma Gallery
I've played a couple times when I used to go to camp, but I'm all ultimate frisbee now
Old 02-13-2012, 08:51 PM   #58
Blame Crablegs
PreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ethan
PreRunner03's Tacoma Gallery
Thread revival time.
I did a course yesterday in 20 minutes in the wind and cold.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:02 PM   #59
Lord of Tomfoolery

I'm looking forward to getting out when it is warmer.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:09 PM   #60
Blame Crablegs
PreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ethan
PreRunner03's Tacoma Gallery
I plan on playing as often as possible whenever it warms up a bit. I need to find a course in my area that isn't covered in poison ivy too.