Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Who Plays Disc Golf?

Old 02-13-2012, 09:11 PM   #61
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreRunner03 View Post
I plan on playing as often as possible whenever it warms up a bit. I need to find a course in my area that isn't covered in poison ivy too.
Bookmark this site. It is great for finding local courses & reviews.
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/

You can see the courses on a google map here:
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/browse_map.php?partner=

Just enter your zip code.

Looks like you have a ton of courses in houston.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:17 PM   #62
Blame Crablegs
PreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ethan
PreRunner03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by genxer36 View Post
Bookmark this site. It is great for finding local courses & reviews.
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/

You can see the courses on a google map here:
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/browse_map.php?partner=

Just enter your zip code.
good find. Thanks man.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:08 PM   #63
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Attached Thumbnails
Who Plays Disc Golf?-disc.jpg  
Old 04-24-2012, 10:11 PM   #64
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
It really is fun. I have a friend that lives in Augusta and they play all the time and he has probably 50 disc at his house. I really suck at it but still doesn't keep me from playing when I get a chance.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:52 PM   #65
xsptaco07 has a spectacular aura aboutxsptaco07 has a spectacular aura aboutxsptaco07 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Jordan
xsptaco07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by genxer36 View Post
I'm just starting out. Can you give me any tips? I bought 2 mid range discs(I think Discraft Buzz) for my 12 year old Son & I. I was thinking of getting a couple of drivers & putters, now that we are hooked.
Buzz is the most thrown disc in my bag! I love it! I play at Alexander and Lenora in Snellville, then again Yargo isnt far for you! Ive only been there a few times.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:58 PM   #66
xsptaco07 has a spectacular aura aboutxsptaco07 has a spectacular aura aboutxsptaco07 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Jordan
xsptaco07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veccster View Post
That's awesome that you play professionally!

We played a lot in college...almost every day. It was popular among us stoners

Since graduating college, I haven't played
Lol its still popular among stoners
Old 07-10-2012, 01:18 AM   #67
Lord of Tomfoolery

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsptaco07 View Post
Buzz is the most thrown disc in my bag! I love it! I play at Alexander and Lenora in Snellville, then again Yargo isnt far for you! Ive only been there a few times.
I haven't played in about a year. I've been playing regular golf mostly. So many choices; golf, disc golf, or bass fishing. This fall I need to get back out and sling the discs.

When I was playing, Yargo was my frequent spot since it is about 4 miles from my house. I did play the Athens course, tough & long course. I went to the one in Monroe, what a joke! As soon as we arrived we immediately left, the park was nasty with trash everywhere. They had cut down pines & left them where they dropped, blocking the course.

I was going to try Alexander and Lenora, but never got around to going.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:41 AM   #68
TacomaDiver is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeff
TacomaDiver's Tacoma Gallery
I play several times a year and just have a few discs. It is fun just to be outside and usually the parks with courses are pretty nice. As the weather cools off, I'll play almost every weekend.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:06 PM   #70
Lord of Tomfoolery

I'm torn when the weather is nice Disc golf or Golf. So far Golf has been winning. I need to get back out & play.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:05 PM   #72
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
SCRunner12's Tacoma Gallery
Revival again. Just got back into playing after taking a 3 year break. I only have about 10 discs and my brother is borrowing half, but I'm slowly learning which work better for me. Bought a Mamba today and I'm definitely impressed with it and will probably be my main overhand disc for a while. I also use a Sidewinder for the hammer or tomahawk throw.

Any Bay Area members playing?
Old 08-04-2013, 08:51 PM   #73
Blame Crablegs
PreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ethan
PreRunner03's Tacoma Gallery
I think I'm gonna go swimming next time I play at a course with lakes and ponds and such. A buddy of mine has been getting discs by jumping into the water and retrieving discs that nobody else claimed.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:49 PM   #74
Buff0957 is on a distinguished road
Buff0957's Tacoma Gallery
Lets keep the thread alive!! I play 3 to 4 times a week in Tulsa. We have the OKLAHOMA open in a few weeks anyone going?
Old 09-29-2013, 09:15 PM   #75
4508js is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement: K-9 / Patrol
4508js's Tacoma Gallery
I'm just now seeing this thread, I stared in October of 2012 so it's almost been a year. I play as many tournaments as I can (club tournaments and sanctioned tournaments) and have played and placed pretty good for a first year player.