Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Florida Desert Racing

Old 09-27-2009, 05:06 PM   #1
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Florida Desert Racing

Be jealous you Californians.

In 1/10th Scale. It's a Duratrax Evader St with a Mamba Max 5700 and a 7 cell NiMH battery.

I don't think the pics came out too bad considering I was driving with my left hand and shooting with my right.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:08 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Florida has the NICEST sand...

Nice picks, Jason!
Old 09-27-2009, 05:09 PM   #3
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Florida has the NICEST sand...

Nice picks, Jason!
Thanks for the compliment. I like the sand here, nice and soft. That was in an empty lot not the beach in case you're wondering.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:10 PM   #5
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
Thanks for the compliment. I like the sand here, nice and soft. That was in an empty lot not the beach in case you're wondering.
Ah....Makes me miss it none the less.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:12 PM   #7
Ka-freakin'-BOOM!
fghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
fghtngsquirrel's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fghtngsquirrel
Did you get the R/C around town somewhere? I used to have a gas-powered but someone broke it
Old 09-27-2009, 05:14 PM   #9

Quote:
You lived here?
I have a few friends in the Tampa/St. Pete area. Julie and I go there often. Never lived there, though.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:14 PM   #10
Prepared for Bambi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fghtngsquirrel View Post
Did you get the R/C around town somewhere? I used to have a gas-powered but someone broke it
I bought it at HobbyWorld on Blanding. A few miles from the Orange Park mall.

Was your R/C gas or nitro? If it was gas was it a 1/5 or something. Those things are freaking sweet.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:14 PM   #11
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It was tons of fun. I was driving through the viewfinder. It took a little coordination. I almost ran into myself a couple of times. haha.
I must have forgotten to say, but those are some awesome shots!
Old 09-27-2009, 05:15 PM   #12
Prepared for Bambi

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I have a few friends in the Tampa/St. Pete area. Julie and I go there often. Never lived there, though.
Tampa is a beautiful area. I love that water. I live in North East Florida so the water is brown. My sis goes to College in Tampa.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:16 PM   #13
Ka-freakin'-BOOM!
fghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I bought it at HobbyWorld on Blanding. A few miles from the Orange Park mall.

Was your R/C gas or nitro? If it was gas was it a 1/5 or something. Those things are freaking sweet.
I want to say gas... it took an orange liquid. Don't know much about them anymore. Electric would be better for me probably! Those suckers are fast!
Old 09-27-2009, 05:17 PM   #14
Prepared for Bambi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
I must have forgotten to say, but those are some awesome shots!
Thanks. I took about a 100 and got 11 decent ones that I liked. Many of them were blurred because it was getting kind of dark at the time.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:21 PM   #15
Prepared for Bambi

Quote:
I want to say gas... it took an orange liquid. Don't know much about them anymore. Electric would be better for me probably! Those suckers are fast!
Most likely nitro. Did you buy the gas from the hobby shop and put it directly in the r/c or did you go to the gas station and put oil in the gas then put it in the r/c.

Yeah some of them are pretty fast. I've never even hit top speed with my Evader because I don't have enough room or radio range. I get it up tor a pretty good pace and give it just a tad bit more juice and I can hear the diff slipping so I back off before I have to rebuild it again. On the other hand I've been tinkering with my sisters Traxxas Electric Rustler and that thing is slow as a turtle compared to my evader.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:25 PM   #16
Ka-freakin'-BOOM!

Yeah, it came from the hobby shop. I'll have to see if I can find it... mine was damn fast. I don't even remember what it was. Nice pictures btw!
Old 09-27-2009, 05:27 PM   #17
Prepared for Bambi

Quote:
Yeah, it came from the hobby shop. I'll have to see if I can find it... mine was damn fast. I don't even remember what it was. Nice pictures btw!
Thanks. It must have been nitro then. They are also more common. Also most of the gas ones are huge.