1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Any Pipe Smokers Out There? (Tobacco)

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by SManZ, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Oct 16, 2009 at 9:21 AM
    SManZ

SManZ [OP] Sold the Taco in June 2020

Member:
    Fauquier County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Current, 2020 Ford Super Duty Tremor, Previously 2010 Supercharged 4x4 Tacoma Sport 6-spd
    TRD Supercharger, King 2.5" extended travel remote-resi coilovers, OME Dakar leaf packs, King 2.5" extended travel rear shocks, Total Chaos UCAs, MBRP turndown exhaust, TRD intake, TRD Quickshifter, Goodridge SS brake lines, EBC Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, TRD FJ Cruiser Special Edition 16" Anthracite Rims, Spidertrax wheel spacers, 265/75R16 A/T, Autometer oil pressure, oil temp gauges, TRD boost gauge, PLX DM-100 OBD II scanner, flexpod mounts, A-pillar gauge pods
    Any tobacco pipe smokers out there? I'm fairly new to pipe but I'm getting into it. Its really relaxing, kind of like drinking, and puts me in a really thoughtful mood. I'm trying to learn more about it from people because I'm not getting much reading articles online. Right now my big problem is that I can smell the differences in various tobaccos in the jars, but when I buy and smoke them they all pretty much taste the same, except for one blend that I love and smoke a lot of. I'd like to know if there are any tricks for tasting the tobacco.

I've also seen a real wide range in prices for pipes and its hard for me to tell the $200 pipe from the $30 pipe, especially when I cross shop at more than one store. It almost makes me think that since this is a real niche market that the markups vary wildly and you can get screwed real easy if you don't know anything.

I love how I'm 26 and everyone looks at me like I've got a third eye when I smoke pipe.

2. Oct 16, 2009 at 9:24 AM
    NraFan

NraFan Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2011 Sienna LE, rockin the mini van!
    Power sliding doors baby! WooHoo!
    My father in law smokes a pipe. Has since Ive known him as a little kid. He usually buys mid priced pipes. $40 -$50 bucks. They seem to last a looooong time. Other then that, I am completely useless. Sorry.

Products Discussed in

To Top