Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Airsoft

Old 07-12-2008, 03:47 PM   #21
Revived and BACK baby!
joedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant future

Army: Squad Automatic Rifleman, 29th Light Infantry
joedirt's Tacoma Gallery
I have several airsoft guns but mine are all spring powered. Many years ago I got ahold of the ones that look and operate like real firearms, plastic shells, metal bodies and magazines, before they were banned. They shoot pretty accurate and close up hurt like hell when they hit you. Just like this:

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/da...gun/1772750906
Old 07-12-2008, 03:59 PM   #22
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Wish me luck....tomorrow will be my first time out. I'm excited yet somewhat nervous. Not afraid of the pain... just don't wanna be the dumb chick on the field.

Believe me, I'm getting some pictures of all of us in camo. OMG! I never thought I'd be dressed in full camo. Have I gone redneck? (laugh)
thatta girl janster!!!! aint nothing wrong with full out camo or rednecking up!!!
Old 07-13-2008, 05:24 AM   #23
Banned
danusa will become famous soon enoughdanusa will become famous soon enough
Army: Para Ranger, Inf. SF CIB
danusa's Tacoma Gallery
I remember that. We kids shot thousands of BB`s and pellets. And our eyes were good enough to track them out of the bbl. shooting arial targets.
I can`t see a .308 bullet. But I know where it is going still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KneeDraggerR1 View Post
A stock AEG kills birds if you hit em in the right spot. But as far as a squirrel goes i dont know, probably the same deal. Mind you im talking about 200 dollar and up guns. I seriously doubt a cheapy would kill a squirrel....
Old 07-14-2008, 12:02 PM   #24
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't get any pictures!! Dag nabbit!

It was pretty cool & I'd do it again. I've got this zit-looking blemish on my cheek from getting hit. It didn't hurt and never thought it'd leave a mark.

We shoot with a PA group... They only play at legal sanctioned fields (Paintball fields). Your guns have to be chrono'd and must be below 400FPS with .020 BB's. Depending on your FPS of your gun - you have minimum engagement distances to comply with. You're not allowed to shoot someone close up -as that can hurt.

I was doing pretty good....making shots, crawling around in the dirt...
The one scenario - I got shot in the leg. Which - according to their rules, your leg is un-usable. So - I crawled on my elbows.

Boy...my legs are surely hurtin' today!!
Old 10-17-2008, 04:31 AM   #26
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Paintball:

I have a Tippmann 98c that I've had for years. Great gun.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:30 AM   #27
DREAD is on a distinguished road

Army: E5-13B Artillary Cannon Crewman, 1/180th 153 FA Bgd
DREAD's Tacoma Gallery
I am just starting - it's cool stuff. I have one of these;

http://www.trinityairsoft.com/p-1227...rsoft-gun.aspx
Old 10-17-2008, 08:00 AM   #28
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DREAD View Post
I am just starting - it's cool stuff. I have one of these;

http://www.trinityairsoft.com/p-1227...rsoft-gun.aspx
Nice! M4! Now ya just gotta find an airsoft forum around (especially one in your neighborhood). Lots of stuff you can do to those things. My husband has one with a grenade launcher on it.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:48 AM   #29

DREAD's Tacoma Gallery
This small town I live in has this place that I bought my AEG from. They are really into events and upgrades. It's pretty cool!

http://www.gotadrenalin.com/

I guess there is a pretty serious community that these folks are fostering. They are more into paintball, but the airsoft community is catching up.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:01 AM   #30
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
+1 on the paintball
Old 10-17-2008, 11:54 AM   #31
Old & Forgetful

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyToyTaco View Post
+1 on the paintball
I've never done paintball myself but from what I hear (and have seen on the skin of friends) that is hurts like hell and leaves HUGE welts.

Airsoft doesn't hurt - it stings slightly if you get hit pretty close-up. It can leave welts, but they're little and don't swell up. I'm old...and can't handle the pain.

The group I shoot with has strict rules of different fps & footage. You can't shoot an automatic gun any hotter than 400fps and engagement distance is 25 feet I believe.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:59 AM   #32
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
It hurts if you're just standing there and your buddy pops you unexpectedly..but when you're out on the field and the adrenaline is going you don't notice it too much. I usually play with dickies pants and a t-shirt, and a face mask of course
Old 10-17-2008, 12:24 PM   #33
The Professional
c0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 3rd SFG(A)
c0b2a's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to c0b2a
don't get into Airsoft.... airsoft is for posers, get a paintball gun or get a real gun.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:57 PM   #34
Old & Forgetful

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0b2a View Post
don't get into Airsoft.... airsoft is for posers, get a paintball gun or get a real gun.
Too late - already doing it! And I have a few real guns.

Like I said, I'm old and don't like the pain.....so paintball is out.

Venting frustrations and shooting at people is actually fun. Can't do that with real guns.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:48 PM   #35

DREAD's Tacoma Gallery
Posers??? How many M4's do you own?