Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Airsoft

Old 02-05-2008, 03:59 PM   #1
Map06TRD is on a distinguished road
Map06TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Map06TRD
Airsoft

Anyone planning.. i want to get into it.. i need some direction..

thanks
Marc
Old 02-19-2008, 07:43 AM   #2
Bart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to behold

Navy: ABH
Bart's Tacoma Gallery
Get a 200 to 300 doallar gun auto with selector switch ICS makes good ones there all metal so you can fix them I have one but don't play anymore I think it cost me around 450 for everything battery packs charger ect.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:39 AM   #3
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
why not just play paintball?
Old 02-19-2008, 11:52 AM   #4
Bart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to behold

Bart's Tacoma Gallery
It's cheaper and it hurts about the same with out the mess of paint every where paint ball $100 per day of game play airsoft $ 15 for the day and you still get welt's at 360 FPS less mess pretty much
Old 02-19-2008, 11:58 AM   #5
Big Guns is on a distinguished road
Big Guns's Tacoma Gallery
I have a $40 gun that i bought at big five and play on my property with friends. Nothing competitive, but still fun. And like Bart said much cleaner than paintball.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:24 PM   #6

Bart's Tacoma Gallery
Ammen
Old 02-19-2008, 02:15 PM   #7
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

nd's Tacoma Gallery
yeah but getting messy is half the fun. plus paintball is only really expensive if you're a paint waster. the most fun i've ever had was when we all usedpumps. that way you dont have people hiding in one place shooting 100-200 rounds per minute. if you dont have a shot, you dont shoot. i'll stick with paintball, i've played with airsoft and its just not hte same
Old 02-28-2008, 12:43 PM   #8
KneeDraggerR1 is on a distinguished road

Marines:
KneeDraggerR1's Tacoma Gallery
Airsoft is in a different category than paintball. Airsoft is for people into military simulation with real looking weapons, mags, accessories and gear. The scenarios and skirmishes that some airsoft groups setup and play are insanely real and pretty hardcore. Airsoft guns have many power upgrades available also that can boost fps to 500 plus. It is some very fun stuff, and AEG's are a blast to shoot. I have many and have played for a few years, but i am getting out of the sport to focus on racing. I have a few different very nice and almost new AEG's for sale also.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:48 PM   #9
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Would it be good to shoo away squirrels, without killing them? I hate those things, but I don't want them to die on my roof after I shoot them.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:52 PM   #10
KneeDraggerR1 is on a distinguished road

Marines:
KneeDraggerR1's Tacoma Gallery
A stock AEG kills birds if you hit em in the right spot. But as far as a squirrel goes i dont know, probably the same deal. Mind you im talking about 200 dollar and up guns. I seriously doubt a cheapy would kill a squirrel....
Old 02-28-2008, 12:57 PM   #11
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I was able to kill pigeons with a red ryder. Wow, that was unpleasant. I had to upgrade to a 22 cal pellet gun, to get the job done quick.

I think I'd like to drop about $100 on a airsoft. What's a good one?
Old 03-01-2008, 09:50 PM   #12
Mod Master
pb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the rough

pb2themax's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
why not just play paintball?
When I played sponsored paintball we always made fun of the guys that played Airsoft. LOL

Paintball is expensive, but it sure is fun. At one time I had about $8,000 invested in my paintball equipment.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:20 PM   #13
alextreme76 is on a distinguished road

alextreme76's Tacoma Gallery
paintball and airsoft get expensive real fast, i keep a $40 electric AK in my closet to shoot friends when they dont throw in beer money
Old 03-02-2008, 11:17 PM   #14
Blinking Car Mod...
RedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
RedruM29's Tacoma Gallery
I've been in the paintball industry for over 11 years and i got two airsoft guns for recreation a psg1 and m4a1 customed out either way you will have a great time. paintball is more fast paced.(i played pro for three years) but you can't beat the stealth and authenticity of an airsoft scenario game. if you are interested in anything about these two subjects PM me and i will help anyone out.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:44 PM   #15
Blinking Car Mod...
RedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
RedruM29's Tacoma Gallery
O and as far as killing squirrels, good luck with a stock AEG. Neither one of mine will take a squirrel out, but my cousins aps-2 shoots 555fps chronoed. It turns squirrels into swiss cheese. Those rats don't eat my moms flowers anymore, unless they have a deathwish!
Old 03-05-2008, 11:20 AM   #16

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb2themax View Post
When I played sponsored paintball we always made fun of the guys that played Airsoft. LOL

Paintball is expensive, but it sure is fun. At one time I had about $8,000 invested in my paintball equipment.
yeah, i had about a grand in my gun, which is ALOT! when you're in high school. i finally got out of the big guns. paint wasting is no fun, requires no skill, and costs way too much. i went back to a stock tipman with a good barrel and a good mask and i never looked back. all pump games are the most fun, when everyone is on an equal playing field
Old 03-17-2008, 01:43 PM   #17
Toyota Alec is on a distinguished road
Toyota Alec's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
I was able to kill pigeons with a red ryder. Wow, that was unpleasant. I had to upgrade to a 22 cal pellet gun, to get the job done quick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post

I think I'd like to drop about $100 on a airsoft. What's a good one?
Check out http://www.shortyusa.com some of the spring snipers are very good and are only 100 bucks
Old 06-15-2008, 06:27 AM   #18
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Ooooo my... a buddy of ours had convinced my husband to get into this. I'll end up doing it eventually - just not sure if I'll like it enough to continue doing it.

The two of them have been totally into COD4 online....and Wayne (our buddy) is an ex-military man.

My husband already ordered an M5 and all kinds of other gear. Yesterday we bought ourselves camo outfits. Wayne brought over his SAW (???) - big huge gun ...and we took turns pelting eachother with it in the backyard. I got hit on the back - stings a lot - but only for like 5 minutes.

I'm totally clueless about this stuff, but I enjoy shooting real guns (trap, skeet, & pistols). I know I'll totally suck at it.... I hope I can last longer than 5 minutes and be able to shoot atleast 1 person, I'll be happy. Wayne's wife is gonna be out there with me also.

Any suggestions or tips for the crazy old ladies on the field? Stay behind some cover and/or run really fast? This will be interesting....
Old 06-15-2008, 01:38 PM   #19
Toyota Alec is on a distinguished road
Toyota Alec's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Ooooo my... a buddy of ours had convinced my husband to get into this. I'll end up doing it eventually - just not sure if I'll like it enough to continue doing it.

The two of them have been totally into COD4 online....and Wayne (our buddy) is an ex-military man.

My husband already ordered an M5 and all kinds of other gear. Yesterday we bought ourselves camo outfits. Wayne brought over his SAW (???) - big huge gun ...and we took turns pelting eachother with it in the backyard. I got hit on the back - stings a lot - but only for like 5 minutes.

I'm totally clueless about this stuff, but I enjoy shooting real guns (trap, skeet, & pistols). I know I'll totally suck at it.... I hope I can last longer than 5 minutes and be able to shoot atleast 1 person, I'll be happy. Wayne's wife is gonna be out there with me also.

Any suggestions or tips for the crazy old ladies on the field? Stay behind some cover and/or run really fast? This will be interesting....
My Suggestion is always have the bigger gun.
Old 07-12-2008, 02:37 PM   #20
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota Alec View Post
My Suggestion is always have the bigger gun.
Wish me luck....tomorrow will be my first time out. I'm excited yet somewhat nervous. Not afraid of the pain... just don't wanna be the dumb chick on the field.

Believe me, I'm getting some pictures of all of us in camo. OMG! I never thought I'd be dressed in full camo. Have I gone redneck? (laugh)