Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

-->Official Snowboard/Ski Thread<--

Old 10-29-2009, 06:28 PM   #1
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
-->Official Snowboard/Ski Thread<--

Who snowboards or skis?
What do you ride?
Where?
Got any trips planned this season?
Pics?
Vids?

I snowboard
Have three boards (need more) Burton Custom, Nitro MFM, Rome Postermania
Seven Spring, PA - Copper, CO - Vail, CO - Greek Peak, NY
Going out to CO to Copper this Jan.
I'm work/sponsored by East of Maui in Annapolis, MD.

Here I am... (Seven Springs, PA)

Me and my pops

Movie made by me and my co-workers... I'm filming Mark (owner/manager) in black, Chad in Red.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcJqwnp1WJg
Old 10-29-2009, 06:31 PM   #2
Seagrave will become famous soon enough

Seagrave's Tacoma Gallery
I ride a Burton Supermodel with P1 biddings and just got a new Burton T6 with CO2 biddings... sick set up! I ride Whistler/Blackcomb, Mammoth, and all the Utah resorts and occasionally Colorado.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:43 PM   #3
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagrave View Post
I ride a Burton Supermodel with P1 biddings and just got a new Burton T6 with CO2 biddings... sick set up! I ride Whistler/Blackcomb, Mammoth, and all the Utah resorts and occasionally Colorado.
Wow sick man! Those are great setups. I'm jealous you're in such a hot spot for boarding. I hope I can live out there or in California someday.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:50 PM   #4
NicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud of

Firefighter:
NicksRig's Tacoma Gallery
I ride a Forum BJ Leines 163 for powder and a Sims 155 GWAR edition. With Ride Tomcat bindings, 32 boots. I mainly go to Fernie cause of a free place to stay and cheap catboarding. Going to try to make it to Jackson Hole this year. Heard its killer there.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:12 PM   #6
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Used to ride a Burton Custom which was a 157 or 158 with Gnu G3 bindings. My first ride on it was at Whistler. Before that I used to ride a Burton Bullet Wide 163 and a Lamar 158(thrashin' board). I rode the Lamar at the beginning and end of the season due to the conditions. The Bullet was my first board and I just didn't know anything. It was way too long for my liking.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:17 PM   #7
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
I'm still a skier after all these years.
My skis are Rossignols but go to the Burton Tent Sale every year since the factory is down the street from where I live
But damn, my season pass @ Bolton Valley is going on medical hold this year since my knee is messed up right now.
Great pics & thread, keep em coming!
Old 10-29-2009, 07:35 PM   #8
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
i like to skiwhen i go somewhere that is good. just started skiing last dec. went to boyne highlands and boyne mountain. its a blast!
Old 10-29-2009, 07:55 PM   #9
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
No pictures...
Old 10-29-2009, 08:02 PM   #10
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Who snowboards or skis?
What do you ride?
Where?
Got any trips planned this season?
Pics?
Vids?
1. Snowboard

2. Soloman Prospect w/ burton customs

3. I usually hit up Brian Head, UT or maybe Las Vegas Ski for day trips. Weekend trips I drive up to the secret spot and Snowbasin, UT. We usually leave here Friday afternoon then drive home sunday evening.

I've been to Breckenridge, Copper, A-basin, and Tahoe. Might try to make it over to Mammoth this year.

4 I've got a condo for 5 days up in Snowbasin over XMas. I'm always down for road trips.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:36 PM   #11
frozen_taco will become famous soon enoughfrozen_taco will become famous soon enough

frozen_taco's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Burton indie 155 board with 2010 burton custom bindings and I go "shred the moose" at moose mountain... yeaa
Old 10-29-2009, 08:43 PM   #12
jodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonah
jodiddly33's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a burton operator and burton mission bindings. My entire family network shares a house in Idaho and there's a nice small resort where we ride. Perfect place though, gets dumped on all the time and is never busy. Love mountains
Old 10-29-2009, 09:21 PM   #13
I bleed Black and Gold
cheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant future

Name: Adam
cheehab's Tacoma Gallery
I snowboard as much as I can. I've got a K2 Darkstar 160 with P1s, 2 Rossignol Jeremy Jonses 165, 167 with Cartels and Customs, and an Arbor Element 165 without bindings. They all serve their purpose. Probably ride the K2 the most but need a big board for POW and an old rockboard for early season.
I ride at Winter Park/Berthoud Pass mainly. Always get a few days at Steamboat, Copper, Vail, Crested Butte Breckenridge and A Basin. IMO Winter Park is really the best thing going.
I'm hoping to make it to Wolf Creek, Jackson and Tahoe this winter. I know, I'm a lucky bastard

Winter Park

Berthoud Pass

And the Tacoma...

Old 10-29-2009, 09:23 PM   #14
Justin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud of

Justin626's Tacoma Gallery
Libtech Jamie Lynn Pheonix from like 5 years ago
Technine bindings
Not sure on the boots
Sessions top and bottom

I have riden in Alaska and Idaho
Old 10-29-2009, 10:13 PM   #15
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Snowboard
167 Burton Baron
Jay peaks, VT_Gore, NY_West Mt, NY_Jiminy Peak, VT
Old 11-26-2009, 12:26 PM   #16
focotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

focotacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Crap!!

How am I like the only one that skis!!!

Btw I fly on

Line Sir Francis Bacons w/ marker dukes

Seth Morrison Obsethed's

or

Solomon 1080s with marker jesters

I am so disappointed in you Tacoma World.......
complete crap storm
If any of you make it up to colorado this season hit me up
Old 11-26-2009, 12:40 PM   #17
focotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobord552 View Post
i cant wait till the snow comes!! i ride a Rome graft with forum shaka bindings, i ride up in vermont, but i wish i lived out in colorado..i went to vail last year and it was amazing
If you come out sometime i can hook You up with some tickets to vail or bevercreek and you could stay at my families house for sure!
Old 11-26-2009, 01:22 PM   #18
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
that would be great, but don't have the money for the plane ticket this year, i cant imagine how great it is to live over there, here in new england we never get more than a foot of powder
You live in the wrong part of new england...Go up to jay peaks in northern VT love it there
Old 11-26-2009, 01:35 PM   #19
IH8MUD
BaysMtnTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Ryan
BaysMtnTaco's Tacoma Gallery
+1 for the skiiers. Seeing as were dying out to the boarders...Been skiin now for 5-6 years. And ill never quit!!

Skis: Whatever performance ski i can rent (ha to broke to buy em)
Where: Sugar Mountain, NC; Beech Mountain, NC;
Been to: Copper Mtn, CO; Breckenridge, CO; A Basin, CO; Snowshoe, WV; Winterplace, WV
Pics: Too lazy right now, ill get em up soon(i have some good ones from Copper, standing at the top of the American Flyer lift)
My dream trip: Jackson Hole, or out in the Swiss Alps
Old 11-26-2009, 01:36 PM   #20

Quote:
that would be great, but don't have the money for the plane ticket this year, i cant imagine how great it is to live over there, here in new england we never get more than a foot of powder

ya man its pretty awesome... our regular house is up near the wyoming border on the front range and here it doesn't snow near as much as the mountains. This season weve had 5 storms complete with accumlated 13 snowdays and about 5-6 feet of the fresh