Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Airsoft ?

Old 11-09-2009, 09:52 AM   #1
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Airsoft ?

I am looking to buy my nephew a airsoft gun for Christmas. He is 6. My question is what is suitable for him? There are electric, spring and gas type. What else does he need? Mask? Will a paintball mask work?
Old 11-09-2009, 10:01 AM   #2
raskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raskal311's Tacoma Gallery
I would not buy a 6 year old an airsoft gun unless you’re talking about those cheap $30 guns. And if so I think those are all electronics with very weak springs. My buddy got shot in the teeth at 60 yards and it took a chunk of his tooth off. I also had a gas glock which was cool but yeah not very suitable for 6 year olds maybe for 10 or 12.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:03 AM   #3
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by raskal311 View Post
I would not buy a 6 year old an airsoft gun unless you’re talking about those cheap $30 guns. And if so I think those are all electronics with very weak springs. My buddy got shot in the teeth at 60 yards and it took a chunk of his tooth off. I also had a gas glock which was cool but yeah not very suitable for 6 year olds maybe for 10 or 12.
x2 Little too young IMO. Stick with Legos and games.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:07 AM   #4
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
Airsoft for a 6 year old seems a little dangerous, however if you would like I'll sell you my air soft pistol with two clips & 400 rounds for $25 shipped. Paint ball masks should be ok to wear, as well as some safety glasses. Shoot the mask when its off your face at point blank range just to verify.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:11 AM   #5
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
For someone so young, get a spring gun. It'll be a bit tougher to cock, but a spring gun will be cheap and a great starter gun for airsoft.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:17 AM   #6
Toyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
Toyota Truck's Tacoma Gallery
I had a electric (battery) one that be fine for him, but just so you know they still leave a small welt like the size of a mosquito bite. Mask is good or at LEAST some glasses and a long slevee shirt. Oh yeah the one I had was auto so you could hold down the trigger till you ran out of plastic bbs
Old 11-09-2009, 10:42 AM   #7
Deckplate is just really niceDeckplate is just really niceDeckplate is just really niceDeckplate is just really niceDeckplate is just really nice

Navy: Senior Chief Petty Officer ret
Name: Jerry
Deckplate's Tacoma Gallery
"Youll put an eye out kid!"

Old 11-09-2009, 10:50 AM   #8
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
He wants to play paintball but I told him no so he is asking for a airsoft gun. I was thinking a cheap one. Found a set of two spring pistol for $5.50 online...
Old 11-09-2009, 10:57 AM   #9
Deckplate is just really niceDeckplate is just really niceDeckplate is just really niceDeckplate is just really niceDeckplate is just really nice

Navy: Senior Chief Petty Officer ret
Name: Jerry
Deckplate's Tacoma Gallery
My son shot me by accident in the arm and broke skin. Get him some glasses. It's never too early to teach a kid how to respect and use a gun.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:07 PM   #11
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
go to your sporting good store and find one that has the lowest FPS and get that one. probably the clear plastic pistols... the battery ppowerd ones would be your best bet, the ones that need to be cauked (spelling?) after every shot are hard to do for some.