Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Does anybody make their own music?

Old 11-13-2009, 10:14 PM   #1
TRDSport2006 is on a distinguished road

TRDSport2006's Tacoma Gallery
Does anybody make their own music?

I'm an amateur at playing guitar. I was wondering if anyone else had music that they could share? Myspace, youtube, soundclick, whatever.

I have a couple stuff to post up, first my personal page..
www.myspace.com/aaroncurtis
and then my band -
www.myspace.com/iamthedeadmusic

I like the current melodic metal/generic screamo crap that's out there.
Let me know your feedback, I appreciate some good criticism. haha.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:52 PM   #2

Bump
Old 11-13-2009, 10:59 PM   #3
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
My buddy does. He's working on getting a record deal. His beats are really good.

http://gamoonthebeat.com

His stuff currently on there isn't the greatest. He released an album back in '08 which was sick as fuck! He has a bunch of new songs too, but he hasn't released them yet. He's suppose to let me know. He's opened up concerts for a few big names. Something will pop up soon enough for him.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:01 PM   #4
JeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JeffRock's Tacoma Gallery
I was in a metal/Hardcore band for for almost ten years. Been playing guitar since I was 13.
this was a couple years ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONJswwf2Xio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NafEQtgmaHc
Old 11-13-2009, 11:03 PM   #5
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
I once tried to fart to the tune of Doogie Howser, M.D. but only made it 18 seconds before I had to retreat to the bathroom for fear of soiling myself.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:03 PM   #6

I'm not into the whole Trance thing, but it sounds like he knows what's up. It's always cool to know successful people in the music business.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:04 PM   #7
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EquinsuOcha View Post
I once tried to fart to the tune of Doogie Howser, M.D. but only made it 18 seconds before I had to retreat to the bathroom for fear of soiling myself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg-rWqcV9oE
Old 11-13-2009, 11:05 PM   #8
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDSport2006 View Post
I'm not into the whole Trance thing, but it sounds like he knows what's up. It's always cool to know successful people in the music business.
He is into the rap thing and now is starting to get some Techno stuff. I support him either way. He made a song with Willy Northpole and they played it on the radio for a while here in AZ.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:05 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffRock View Post
I was in a metal/Hardcore band for for almost ten years. Been playing guitar since I was 13.
this was a couple years ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONJswwf2Xio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NafEQtgmaHc
This was pretty fucking boss man. Have any mp3's I can steal?
Old 11-13-2009, 11:16 PM   #10
JeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JeffRock's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDSport2006 View Post
This was pretty fucking boss man. Have any mp3's I can steal?
The label wouldn't like you stealing them.. but I can let you
"borrow" our first CD from back in 2001
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3891ZKWZ
Old 11-13-2009, 11:32 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffRock View Post
The label wouldn't like you stealing them.. but I can let you
"borrow" our first CD from back in 2001
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3891ZKWZ
Sweet deal. When do you want it back?
Old 11-14-2009, 12:39 PM   #12

Bump
Old 11-24-2009, 01:46 PM   #13
Large Member
Werloc is a glorious beacon of lightWerloc is a glorious beacon of lightWerloc is a glorious beacon of lightWerloc is a glorious beacon of lightWerloc is a glorious beacon of lightWerloc is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Bob
Werloc's Tacoma Gallery
I've been playing guitar for 43 years. Not my own stuff though. I played out in cover bands all through the 80's when the legal drinking age was 18, and there were no drunk driving laws. That's when the Rock Club scene was hoppin. Now since we all separated and had our families, we get together every month and get the Led out. The last band I was in was a Led Zeppelin Tribute Band, but that's goin back before most of you were born....
Old 11-24-2009, 01:56 PM   #14
What?
danbow has much to be proud ofdanbow has much to be proud ofdanbow has much to be proud ofdanbow has much to be proud ofdanbow has much to be proud ofdanbow has much to be proud ofdanbow has much to be proud ofdanbow has much to be proud of

Name: Daniel
danbow's Tacoma Gallery
Played Bass in a bunch of different bands, mostly bar bands, covers with some originals mixed in. Only play every once in a while now though.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:10 PM   #15
aita peapea
BigIslandWahine is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigIslandWahine is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigIslandWahine is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigIslandWahine is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigIslandWahine is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigIslandWahine is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigIslandWahine is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigIslandWahine is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigIslandWahine is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigIslandWahine is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigIslandWahine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pualilia
BigIslandWahine's Tacoma Gallery
I personally can't stand their music, but 2 of my cousins are in Iron Age (drummer/guitar) and they just put their 2 albums on itunes. They tour a lot and are on tour in Europe right now...I think they are your type of music. http://www.myspace.com/ironagetexas
Old 11-24-2009, 02:16 PM   #16
ElPhantasmo&TheChickenRunBlastarama
rutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud of
rutherk1's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to rutherk1
Sweet. I played guitar in a thrash band in the early 1990s when we were in highschool (D.O.R. - Dawn of Revolution) and then a technical metal band soon after that (Erebus).

We had a crap load of songs here are a couple. We produced it all in my brothers bedroom with mic cables going out the 2nd story window then into the basement window. It was the hot set up. Especially in the winter or in the rain.

Remember this was before digital editing was affordable.

Most of this was done in 1 take because my brother didnt allow us much time in his "Studio". He would spend hours with Q-tips cleaning Mt. Dew out of his Mackie mixer as a result of us being in there. So he was a little bitter.

We were a 4 piece band. I think our writing skill exceeded our playing. But it was fun.

Those were the days.

Erebus - http://files.me.com/rutherk1/3mj4bm.mp3

D.O.R. - http://files.me.com/rutherk1/73wca4.mp3
Old 11-24-2009, 02:24 PM   #17
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werloc View Post
I've been playing guitar for 43 years. Not my own stuff though. I played out in cover bands all through the 80's when the legal drinking age was 18, and there were no drunk driving laws. That's when the Rock Club scene was hoppin. Now since we all separated and had our families, we get together every month and get the Led out. The last band I was in was a Led Zeppelin Tribute Band, but that's goin back before most of you were born....
I was there...... I played rythm guitar in a rock band in the 70's. Never got anywhere but we had some fun. Still have an old tape somewhere.