Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

TacomaWorld Hockey Team

Old 11-16-2009, 09:31 AM   #1
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
TacomaWorld Hockey Team

Time to get the Team together! All you Hockey players,past or present,fans or just good sports-sign up now.Pick a number and a posistion and lets get to spanking some other pretend Teams.

Tell us a bit about your involvement or love of Hockey,I'll start......I've skated since I can remember,played through until Midget AA and then suffered a very serious knee injury playing Football (The terrible Triad-ACL,MCL and miniscus tears).I started back when I got on the FD and still play on our Senior Team.I wear braces on both knees,but I was never very fast anyhow .We also get ice-time three times a week in the mornings so some weeks I'm on the ice up to 6 times.My three kids all play and I'm Coaching my two daughters on an all girl Atom team and we're having a ball.

I'll take #14 and Left Wing.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:54 AM   #2
WESTern Alliance: NORCAL COAST
BeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BeefTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Never played the game but am a devoted hockey dad and share the same passion for the the sport as my son. So this is my son's first year of 16AA midget hockey here in Cali he's having a blast with all the travel seeing new city's and making new life long friends along the way.

You guy's might need some youth in the crease.....
Goalie #62

Old 11-16-2009, 10:09 AM   #3
wilsonpj is a jewel in the roughwilsonpj is a jewel in the roughwilsonpj is a jewel in the rough
Name: Pete
wilsonpj's Tacoma Gallery
I've been skating since I was 4 and have played hockey my whole life. Played through high school but was not quite devoted nor good enough to make my college D1 team.

I'm just coming back from a torn shoulder and broken finger with 3 pins in it. Should be back on the ice in a couple seeks.

I'll take my usual number 33 and either center or defense depending on who we are playing. (That is how it usually goes at my games)

Go Avs!
Old 11-16-2009, 10:18 AM   #4
lower management
trtripoli is on a distinguished road

trtripoli's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to trtripoli
I've played hockey since I was in 1st grade. I played highschool hockey in the Madison, WI area. I was never any good at stick handling, but I was always the fastest player. So much so I maybe could of had a small chance at a speed skating career and maybe the olympics (short track). I could of/should of played D3 hockey for a small school in WI, but choose to transfer to Madison and pursue a Mechancial Engineer Degree. Last year of High school I was all conference 2nd team, for right wing. I miss the competivness of full contact hockey. Go Blackhawks!

I'm #15 Right Wing
Old 11-16-2009, 10:46 AM   #5
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
I started playing Roller hockey when I was 8 years old. by 10 years old they started making me play with the 16 year olds because I was dominating my age group. I switched to playing Ice Hockey at around 11-12 and quit playing when I was 16 because I started working. I played center or right wing. I went ice skating a few months back after not being on ice for years and it was like riding a bike. I miss playing. I might start playing again soon.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:25 PM   #6
Cars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carson
Cars0n`'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Cars0n`
What is this hockey (Haw-key)? you speak of??

JK lol i have played all my life too but now after finishing midget i didnt pursue it anymore. maybe a little bit of rec hockey but thats it. i played forward when i started, from peewee to the first year of bantom i played as a goalie (father was a goalie) and then the last years i played forward again (left wing)
Old 11-18-2009, 02:27 PM   #7
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
I started playing Roller hockey when I was 8 years old. by 10 years old they started making me play with the 16 year olds because I was dominating my age group. I switched to playing Ice Hockey at around 11-12 and quit playing when I was 16 because I started working. I played center or right wing. I went ice skating a few months back after not being on ice for years and it was like riding a bike. I miss playing. I might start playing again soon.

i was in the same boat as you.
i started roller hockey around 12. played 2 years in my age group then moved up and played with the older guys.
our team played a NHL breakout tourny in dallas and went undefeated/un scored on! I quit playing when i was about 17.

Im a big stars fan too!!
Old 11-18-2009, 07:23 PM   #8
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
Just got home from an 8-2 win over a team that we are usually in tough against.They were scoreless until 1:45 to go and then scored twice (I think one of our guys muttered "shutout").I missed an empty net but picked up a couple of assists...

Welcome to the Team guys!
Old 11-18-2009, 07:24 PM   #9
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
i drank some beers at a hockey game once...does that count?

wait...does this involve cold?

im out
Old 11-18-2009, 07:39 PM   #10
08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Ben
08WhiteTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Oh I will play. I am not very good. Just started playing this last year. I will defense so I do have to touch the puck much.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:27 PM   #11
Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!
AvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
AvsFanTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't get into hockey until college when someone took me to a college game. Was love at first sight. I took a hockey class the next semester and started playing in adult leagues for a few years (was getting fairly decent). Even managed to get a hat trick once. Not sure if that is saying much in the adult league but it was against the college goalie.
Then I moved to MS where hockey doesn't exist. Eventually left there and moved to CO. Sadly I haven't played since 2005. I miss playing, was a lot of fun. I would be just awful now and piss off a lot of people.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:34 PM   #12
kroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
kroggy's Tacoma Gallery
I've been skating since I've been three. Played 13 years of youth hockey, did some regional/national team development stuff. Now just going to school, playing a bit of beer league, and doing the good old standby to pay the bills. Gotta say reffing pays better than most jobs I could get right now, and as a matter of fact just finished with a NORPAC junior game tonight.

I call #18 if it's not already taken. C/RW
Old 11-18-2009, 10:36 PM   #13
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
HELL YES!!

I started playing hockey when I was 6 years old. Stopped playing last December. I have really shitty knees and was wearing knee braces on both knees at the end of my career. Love the game. Always will. Played defense most of my career, but towards the end I stepped up and played centre. Kicked major ass with it. Became the leader in goals and assists on the team and obviously in points then too. I live and play like a Canadian, and it all started when I was 6 year old.

A lot of people ask me what I miss about playing the game of hockey. I miss the fights.

My freshman year of high school I got into a few scraps. I played defense at the time and I led the league in penalty minutes for quite a while . It still worked out though, because I still led in assists and I was 1st line defensemen

I got #48. Either Defense of Centre.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:39 PM   #14
kroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kroggy's Tacoma Gallery
TW Hockey Team Roster

squad314................#14................LW
trtripoli...................#15................RW
wilsonpj..................#33................C/D
BeefTaco's Son.........#62................G
kroggy.....................#18................F
cmack48..................#48................C/D (Learn to spell Center, we're not in Canada)

Forgive me if I missed someone, but these are people who've called a number.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:41 PM   #15
cmack's Tacoma Gallery

Spelling isn't my strong suit LOL

Oh and my avatar says it all
Old 11-18-2009, 10:49 PM   #16
Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!
AvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
AvsFanTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I can take #19 LW
Old 11-18-2009, 10:49 PM   #17

kroggy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack48 View Post

Spelling isn't my strong suit LOL

Oh and my avatar says it all
Had to give you s**t for something, that's what teammates do right. I spent a fair amount of time in southern Saskatchewan playing in my youth days, and for the life of me I couldn't figure out why it was spelled that way. Chalk it up to how we pronounce Z here instead of Zed.

Props to you and the Don Cherry Avatar, now you just need one of those disgusting suits, to wear and Hockey Night on TW.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:51 PM   #18

kroggy's Tacoma Gallery
squad314................#14................LW
trtripoli...................#15................RW
wilsonpj..................#33................C/D
BeefTaco's Son.........#62................G
kroggy.....................#18................F
cmack48..................#48................C/D
blowham..................#19................LW
Old 11-18-2009, 10:52 PM   #19
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kroggy View Post
Had to give you s**t for something, that's what teammates do right. I spent a fair amount of time in southern Saskatchewan playing in my youth days, and for the life of me I couldn't figure out why it was spelled that way. Chalk it up to how we pronounce Z here instead of Zed.

Props to you and the Don Cherry Avatar, now you just need one of those disgusting suits, to wear and Hockey Night on TW.
Oh I know. I've never played on a team where guys didn't give each other shit for something. And I've played on numerous teams.

Oh, and Hockey Night in Canada FTMFW! I like the idea though of Hockey Night on TW though.