Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Lets see Those (mountain) Bikes!

Old 11-19-2009, 05:06 PM   #1
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Lets see Those (mountain) Bikes!

I wanna see your Mountain bikes!

i have a Marin Elderidge Grade... no pics right now but i love it!
Old 11-19-2009, 05:18 PM   #2
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
No pics either but I have an ancient Bridgestone MB2, it's a classic and I've had it since 94 or 95. By now there's not an original bone left on it except the frame itself, but I'm never getting rid of it, even if I do get a new bike.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:42 PM   #3
derekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to behold

Name: derek
derekAV's Tacoma Gallery
kona stab delux
Attached Thumbnails
Lets see Those (mountain) Bikes!-img_0310.jpg  
Old 11-19-2009, 05:47 PM   #4
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
My '09 Stumpy....

Old 11-19-2009, 06:07 PM   #6
if it aint broke... make it better
trdude10 is on a distinguished road

Name: Nick
trdude10's Tacoma Gallery
Transition Blindside:
Attached Thumbnails
Lets see Those (mountain) Bikes!-cabin-colorado-070.jpg  
Old 11-19-2009, 06:10 PM   #7
derekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to behold

Name: derek
derekAV's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdude10 View Post
Transition Blindside:
bitchin!
Old 11-19-2009, 06:37 PM   #8
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
2008 Trek Fuel Ex 9.0

Old 11-19-2009, 06:40 PM   #9
G-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really nice

G-Sak's Tacoma Gallery
These make me wish I hadn't sold my 06 Stinky a few months ago. At least I still have my hardtail to roll around on.....no pics though.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:55 PM   #10
gozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shed
gozar's Tacoma Gallery
Ibis Mojo in Guiness Foam.
I changed it to a 2x9 with an e.13 turbocharger bashguard since I took this pic.

Old 11-19-2009, 07:06 PM   #11
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Down Hill?

This may sound like a dump question, but years ago I was searching for a bike with rear suspension and front. One of my co-workers years ago at the time had worked in Walmart and assembled the bikes there, he told me that I didn't want to get a bike with rear suspension if going down hill fast.
He told me I should get a bike with only front suspension, because the rear suspension would somehow mess with the chain and cause binding or something to that affect.

That really didn't make any sense to me since you wouldn't pedal when going down hill fast, and some of the slack in the chain would make up for with the movement of the suspension going up and down.

Was this guy blowing smoke or what?
Old 11-19-2009, 07:18 PM   #12
gozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shed
gozar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakoTruck View Post
This may sound like a dump question, but years ago I was searching for a bike with rear suspension and front. One of my co-workers years ago at the time had worked in Walmart and assembled the bikes there, he told me that I didn't want to get a bike with rear suspension if going down hill fast.
He told me I should get a bike with only front suspension, because the rear suspension would somehow mess with the chain and cause binding or something to that affect.

That really didn't make any sense to me since you wouldn't pedal when going down hill fast, and some of the slack in the chain would make up for with the movement of the suspension going up and down.

Was this guy blowing smoke or what?
What he's saying may have been true 15 years ago, or may be true if you buy a bike at Walmart today.
The swingarm geometry of the newer (since 2000 or so) bikes is progressively getting better at dealing with pedal and bump-induced motion in the swing arm.
This is simply not an issue on well-designed full suspension bikes.

Also, I would not go downhill fast on a Walmart bike unless I had a deathwish.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:22 PM   #13
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gozar View Post
What he's saying may have been true 15 years ago, or may be true if you buy a bike at Walmart today.
The swingarm geometry of the newer (since 2000 or so) bikes is progressively getting better at dealing with pedal and bump-induced motion in the swing arm.
This is simply not an issue on well-design full suspension bikes.
Yeah and at the time I was considering a bike from there.
Thanks gozar for the answer to my question.

And great pics guys, keep them coming.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:28 PM   #15
gozar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingston73 View Post
No pics either but I have an ancient Bridgestone MB2, it's a classic and I've had it since 94 or 95. By now there's not an original bone left on it except the frame itself, but I'm never getting rid of it, even if I do get a new bike.
I still have an MB1! I put drop bars and racks on it and use it for touring. I could never get rid of it - that would be like selling a family pet.

Yup, that's a mountain bike under all that touring gear. I was on the road between Page, AZ and Flagstaff.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:48 PM   #16
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
all theese bikes are soooo sick i wanna upgrade so bad
Old 11-21-2009, 12:02 AM   #17
bradu81 will become famous soon enoughbradu81 will become famous soon enough
bradu81's Tacoma Gallery
Bridgestone MB-1... Man, thats going back...gotta love steel. I remember wanting one of those but couldn't afford it...my after school/summer job didn't pay enough...i ended up getting an mb-3 (which i still have) and putting on the rockshox mag21s. You guys remember those?

No pics right now but i am currently riding
a yeti 575 and a santa cruz chameleon rigid singlespeed.
Old 11-21-2009, 12:18 AM   #18
FuTang909Inamo is on a distinguished road

FuTang909Inamo's Tacoma Gallery
My 03 Jamis...still good. Well at least for me

Old 12-09-2009, 08:41 PM   #19
skierpunk is on a distinguished road
skierpunk's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone know if the new 29er mountain bikes will fit in the back of a short bed using the OEM fork mount, or similar system?
Old 12-09-2009, 09:19 PM   #20
focotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

focotacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Idk I think I must like speedway blue first my truck and now I realize 4 out of my five bikes are the same...wierd
Anyway I race fore Norco Bike and Fox Racing Shocks
(sry i fail at adding pics but take a look you wont be dissapointed)
My first ride is a 2008 SX Trail 2 my favorite bike for jumping and freeride
http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/s...//ppuser/23666
my second is the new Trek Scratch 8
http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/s.../size/big/cat/
my third is a Trek remedy Cam Maccaul Special Edition
http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/s.../size/big/cat/
my fourth is a 2007 Norco Rampage for Dirt Jumping mainly (a gift from Norco)
http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/s...52450/size/big
And last but not least is my race bike a 2009 Norco Team Issue DH
http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/s...0/ppuser/23666