Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

2009 Heisman???

Old 11-29-2009, 12:39 PM   #1
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
2009 Heisman???

I know we have a football thread going on now, but I want to see what everyones opinions on the Heisman are? I am a huge Tebow fan because of how he is off the field and think we need a lot more of that in football, but I he has not had near the season he had in 07. I really like Mccoy from Texas but he hasnt had the year he had last year. I think Mccoy is the best QB in the NCAA but I just dont think he is the Heisman winner. The player I think should win, should be Tony Gerhart. The performances he had against USC and Oregon were amazing. I do not think he will win it though, I think Mccoy will, just because everyone is in love with Mccoy and Tebow.
Old 11-29-2009, 02:29 PM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i'm gonna hav eto go w/ Ingram
Old 11-29-2009, 02:32 PM   #3
The MOST Badass Offroad Truck
BravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
BravesFan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
i'm gonna hav eto go w/ Ingram
Did you see his last game???? not heisman quality....
Old 11-29-2009, 02:34 PM   #4
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravesFan View Post
Did you see his last game???? not heisman quality....
b/c of one game...seriously??? everyone has bad games...i guess tebow should be taken out of consideration b/c he got a concussion, right?
Old 11-29-2009, 02:36 PM   #5
The MOST Badass Offroad Truck
BravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
BravesFan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
b/c of one game...seriously??? everyone has bad games...i guess tebow should be taken out of consideration b/c he got a concussion, right?
Yea you say everyone has bad games which is very true,but the people who win the heisman arn't "everyone"
Old 11-29-2009, 03:28 PM   #6
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
I think Ingram is a great back, he has a great career ahead of him, but Gerharts numbers are better IMO, and yes, I think the Concussion knocked Tebow out of contention. Took him a couple weeks to get back on track.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:29 PM   #7
Sooooooper Moderator

i think what hurts him more is the fact that he already got it
Old 11-29-2009, 03:31 PM   #8
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
1.Gerhart 2.Mccoy 3.Tebow
Old 11-29-2009, 03:32 PM   #9
( . )( . )
Law Enforcement:
Ya that too, that hurt him from the get go. The concussion was just the Icing.
Old 11-29-2009, 04:52 PM   #10
blackxpress is on a distinguished road

Navy:
Name: Jeff
blackxpress's Tacoma Gallery
It'll be Tebow. You heard it hear first.
Old 11-29-2009, 04:56 PM   #11
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackxpress View Post
It'll be Tebow. You heard it hear first.
he secured it yesterday
Old 11-29-2009, 05:12 PM   #12
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
1. Gerhart 2. Ingram 3. McCoy 8790234. Tim Tebow. I hate that kid.
Old 11-29-2009, 05:30 PM   #13
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
b/c of one game...seriously???
Did you see Vince Young a few years back. One terrible game did him in. He performed terribly in the Texas-Texas Tech rivalry and many said it is what lost him the Heisman. Unfortunately, Ingram will experience the same fate except I don't think he was the front runner.

My pics....

1. McCoy
2. Tebow
3 Ingram
4. Gerhart(Unfortunately, the Pac-10 does not get alot of credit.)
Old 11-30-2009, 11:01 AM   #15
Longhorn.
goofyboy is a name known to allgoofyboy is a name known to allgoofyboy is a name known to allgoofyboy is a name known to allgoofyboy is a name known to allgoofyboy is a name known to all

goofyboy's Tacoma Gallery
Spiller and Ingram are out. yes, a bad game late in the season hurts your chances.

The kid from Stanford is not on a winning team... not fair, but that is what this sham of an award has become.

Colt should win it, if he has a stellar game against Nebraska. He is the all time winningest QB in NCAA history. Has the highest completion percentage record as well. Also, he carries UT's shakey offense.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:22 PM   #16
( . )( . )
Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyboy View Post
Spiller and Ingram are out. yes, a bad game late in the season hurts your chances.

The kid from Stanford is not on a winning team... not fair, but that is what this sham of an award has become.

Colt should win it, if he has a stellar game against Nebraska. He is the all time winningest QB in NCAA history. Has the highest completion percentage record as well. Also, he carries UT's shakey offense.
I think the thing that helps out Gerhart is the fact that they beat USC and Oregon and had outstanding games against both.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:28 PM   #17
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Stanford is 8-4 and 6-3 in the Pac 10. That would be considered a winning team especially when it's Stanford.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:03 AM   #18
Longhorn.
goofyboy is a name known to allgoofyboy is a name known to allgoofyboy is a name known to allgoofyboy is a name known to allgoofyboy is a name known to allgoofyboy is a name known to all

Winning team now days means 12 -0 or 11 -1 and in contension for the national championship. Like i said, the heisman has become a farce. Ricky or Ron Dane may have been the last legit winners.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:11 AM   #19
TREADING LIGHTLY!
baildavc will become famous soon enough

Name: David
baildavc's Tacoma Gallery
Suh from Nebraska, best defensive player in the country. Unfortunately it will most likely go to McCoy even though Shipley is the better player on that team!!
Old 12-02-2009, 06:21 AM   #20
Longhorn.

I don't think we will ever see another defensive player win the heisman.