Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

The Clever Camping Inventions thread..(aka: the Mc Geiver thread)

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-19-2013, 08:31 AM   #61
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOTA LOVER View Post
WTF is wrong with you guys?!?! Pull out your knife and cut a small patch of cloth off the bottom of your t-shirt. You might stumble out of the woods looking like a pregnant Britney Spears in a belly shirt, but at least you didn't wipe athletes foot all over your asshole.

yea. never a sock. feet are so important in the backwoods.

i've used shirtsleeves, and cotton game bags cutouts (kinda nice, very nice)
Old 07-13-2013, 12:33 PM   #62
kevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt., Stinger missile gunner, 86-94
kevine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitoson View Post
I came up with something we simply call the rope. I got tired of trying to squat in the woods trying to drop a deuce and not dropping a spike into my pants. Leaning against a tree is fine until you try to stand yourself up without shuffling one of your feet into your pile.

The Rope is... well... an length of rope. It has a carabiner on each end and a piece of foam pipe insulation or hollow pool noodle threaded onto it. You also thread the toilet paper onto the rope so they are always together.

Basicly when it's time to drop anchor you find a sturdy tree, put the insulation across you back, swing the rope around around the tree and clip the biners together. Then you lean back and do you stuff. When you are finished you can use the rope to pull yourself to the standing position.

The only problem is the women around camp get horrified whenever someone heads to the woods with the rope over their shoulder.
LMAO
Old 07-13-2013, 12:54 PM   #63
kevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt., Stinger missile gunner, 86-94
kevine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOTA LOVER View Post
WTF is wrong with you guys?!?! Pull out your knife and cut a small patch of cloth off the bottom of your t-shirt. You might stumble out of the woods looking like a pregnant Britney Spears in a belly shirt, but at least you didn't wipe athletes foot all over your asshole.
Sorry, but I'm truly enjoying all the potty humor today...while my wife is rolling her eyes, and occasionally laughing her ass off also

I've also used the Folgers coffee bags (like a tea bag). I was in the Marine Corps and still have my Alice pack with canteen/canteen cup. For any other vet, or those who shop at surplus stores, most sell a canteen cup stove. Find the trioxane compressed fuel, it looks like a small piece of soap but is solid fuel. If you don't have a canteen cup stove, just put the piece of trioxane between two small flat rocks, set your canteen cup with water or your coffee pot on top of the rocks with the fuel directly underneath. It heats up my canteen cup of water in about 5 minutes. Small, light and works great.

Also, next time you're at a place that sells camping gear, I highly recommend the bracelet bug repellant. It looks like a plastic stretchy bracelet, but has insect repellant on it. I make my kids wear one rather than spraying them down, and I put an extra one by the front door of our tent, to keep them out.

It goes without saying - duct tape, rope, and a knife are a camper's best friends!

Products Discussed in this Thread