1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The Clever Camping Inventions thread..(aka: the Mc Geiver thread)

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by Beefed Taco, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Jun 19, 2013 at 8:31 AM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.

yea. never a sock. feet are so important in the backwoods.

i've used shirtsleeves, and cotton game bags cutouts (kinda nice, very nice)

2. Jul 13, 2013 at 12:33 PM
    kevine

kevine Well-Known Member

Member:
    Valencia, CA
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma Pre-Runner
    tinted windows
    LMAO

3. Jul 13, 2013 at 12:54 PM
    kevine

kevine Well-Known Member

Member:
    Valencia, CA
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma Pre-Runner
    tinted windows
    Sorry, but I'm truly enjoying all the potty humor today...while my wife is rolling her eyes, and occasionally laughing her ass off also

I've also used the Folgers coffee bags (like a tea bag). I was in the Marine Corps and still have my Alice pack with canteen/canteen cup. For any other vet, or those who shop at surplus stores, most sell a canteen cup stove. Find the trioxane compressed fuel, it looks like a small piece of soap but is solid fuel. If you don't have a canteen cup stove, just put the piece of trioxane between two small flat rocks, set your canteen cup with water or your coffee pot on top of the rocks with the fuel directly underneath. It heats up my canteen cup of water in about 5 minutes. Small, light and works great.

Also, next time you're at a place that sells camping gear, I highly recommend the bracelet bug repellant. It looks like a plastic stretchy bracelet, but has insect repellant on it. I make my kids wear one rather than spraying them down, and I put an extra one by the front door of our tent, to keep them out.

It goes without saying - duct tape, rope, and a knife are a camper's best friends!

Products Discussed in

To Top