Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Tacoma's ??

Old 10-03-2008, 07:25 AM   #41
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mz_TazComa View Post
Janster...have you ever been to any of the meets at Ray's? I went the last two years and yes, he puts alot of hard work into it. Everyone always has a great time tho.

Two yrs ago, one of the local dealerships brought a new FJ. A few of us took it to a nearby construction site to "test drive" it.

There just happened to be a huge mud puddle and we were all itching to drive through it. Needless to say, when we got back to Ray's everyone was like WTF?? cuz it was completely covered in mud.
Unfortunately, never been to one of his TacOberfests. I'm always working or the husband has other plans. I have no doubts they're a BLAST!

I know Ray from another club - he's a GREAT guy and a really good friend. He puts an unbelievable amount of time into the event and I worry about him sometimes. It's a lot of stress to carry around with ya. My Gawd, what he does for the Tacoma community - is similar to planning a frigin wedding (OR even worse!!).

Awesome about the FJ!! I wish I was wheeling more than I do. I really miss it.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:37 PM   #42
glassdoc is one of the sharper tools in the shedglassdoc is one of the sharper tools in the shedglassdoc is one of the sharper tools in the shedglassdoc is one of the sharper tools in the shedglassdoc is one of the sharper tools in the shedglassdoc is one of the sharper tools in the shedglassdoc is one of the sharper tools in the shedglassdoc is one of the sharper tools in the shedglassdoc is one of the sharper tools in the shedglassdoc is one of the sharper tools in the shedglassdoc is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: USMC S.Diego, USS Detroit AOE-4, JAXNAVSTA,Engineman 3rd Class,  USS Cape-Cod AD43, USNR 1978-1987
glassdoc's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, Tina & Jandy for the kind words.. Its just something I enjoy doing.. And, while this year I may not be "hosting" the event. I am still very much active with all aspects of getting it going.. I'm glad Tina, you and Keith will be coming.. Jandy, I really wish you and Steve could make it.. But, I understand, there are reasons.

As for "over doing" it.. LOL, as long as I can.. Or as long as I own a Tacoma.. LOL . Its, really something.. Kind of like standing on the hill by the rock pile at Carlisle. And looking down at all the trucks and peeps there for one cause.. Cause they love their trucks.. Well, getting these crazy a$$ Tacoma peeps together is alot like that.. Its a blast seeing old friend and making new ones.. And, thats what life is all about..
Old 10-05-2008, 02:12 AM   #43
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by glassdoc View Post
Thanks, Tina & Jandy for the kind words.. Its just something I enjoy doing.. And, while this year I may not be "hosting" the event. I am still very much active with all aspects of getting it going.. I'm glad Tina, you and Keith will be coming.. Jandy, I really wish you and Steve could make it.. But, I understand, there are reasons.

As for "over doing" it.. LOL, as long as I can.. Or as long as I own a Tacoma.. LOL . Its, really something.. Kind of like standing on the hill by the rock pile at Carlisle. And looking down at all the trucks and peeps there for one cause.. Cause they love their trucks.. Well, getting these crazy a$$ Tacoma peeps together is alot like that.. Its a blast seeing old friend and making new ones.. And, thats what life is all about..
It's a passion, I know! We've been slowing down - but I wanna get back into things again (offroading & what-not). The 07 has been a new passion...but I'm being 'responsible' - too much money going in places where it probably shouldn't. I never wanna slow down.

I wish I could have the same passion for our house as I do for our vehicles.

Hope you're having fun this weekend!! We gotta do lunch again sometime Ray. I miss you buddy!!
Old 10-05-2008, 02:29 AM   #44
glassdoc is one of the sharper tools in the shedglassdoc is one of the sharper tools in the shedglassdoc is one of the sharper tools in the shedglassdoc is one of the sharper tools in the shedglassdoc is one of the sharper tools in the shedglassdoc is one of the sharper tools in the shedglassdoc is one of the sharper tools in the shedglassdoc is one of the sharper tools in the shedglassdoc is one of the sharper tools in the shedglassdoc is one of the sharper tools in the shedglassdoc is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: USMC S.Diego, USS Detroit AOE-4, JAXNAVSTA,Engineman 3rd Class,  USS Cape-Cod AD43, USNR 1978-1987
glassdoc's Tacoma Gallery
LOL Fun this weekend?? Ummmm, the final weekend before the fest? Fun, is not what I would use to describe it.. No matter how hard you prep, when the count down begins its non-stop.. But, if I have not forgotten anything, it should be some what less chaotic to get everything loaded. I just hope the weather will hold for at least one more weekend.

And yes, lunch. I have not forgotten. Every since I re-did my daily routes, I seem to have less time to do anything except work.. But, we will get together again. I have your number on speed dial in my cell..