1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

SHTF Scenario/ natural disaster...what's your thoughts

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by damon, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Jan 22, 2010 at 3:55 PM
    damon

damon [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Damon
    Little Rock, AR.
    Vehicle:
    2010 Access Cab SR5
    Debaged,SockMonkey Decals,TSB,LifeHammer & Maglight console mount
    Hey everyone. I have been gathering supplies to put away, and got a couple of bug out bags for the wife and I ready to go, but began looking at how prepared I am for anything outside of 72 hours...

Here is my thinking,
    If the country was to fall or become unstable i.e. marshall law, natrual disasters, etc. do you flee or set up reasonably defensible position?

I am trying to set my Taco up to be outfitted to do one or the other.
    In the event escape to another country lets say It's 1000 miles in any direction. So now fuel and getting the truck ready for some backroads becomes a priotiy in my oppinion. The going my be slow, having to work around major roads, so light shelter and provisions will be needed, but all in all need to be light and fast, ready to move out instantly. Even looking at a above bed rack for bikes, so if fuel is gone I can still stay mobile

Now to set up a defensable position requires more substantial provisions and shelter material. Maybe best for a trailer set up with supplies, but mobility will be reduced.

I know either way has its ups and downs, and it heavily depends on the situation, but just wanted to fish for some opinions. Thanks ahead of time.

2. Jan 22, 2010 at 4:17 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
  3. Jan 22, 2010 at 4:22 PM
    damon

damon [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Damon
    Little Rock, AR.
    Vehicle:
    2010 Access Cab SR5
    Ha.... Guess your right. Similar post I guess. I was thinking more about equipment and mods for the truck, and to go or stay. Thanks anyway.

4. Jan 22, 2010 at 4:23 PM
    Kenobe

Kenobe Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Watch Red Dawn much?

(hehe)

5. Jan 22, 2010 at 4:37 PM
    damon

damon [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Damon
    Little Rock, AR.
    Vehicle:
    2010 Access Cab SR5
    "Semper Paratus"

The moto for the US Coast Guard, it means "Always Ready" guess it stuck with me.

Products Discussed in

To Top