Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

NHL Playoffs

Old 04-09-2008, 08:51 PM   #1
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
NHL Playoffs

Since my "Gump" Worsley thread devolved into a playoff debate, I thought I'd start a thread dedicated to the NHL Playoffs and any debate/facts/trashtalk.

gdawg: It looks like your Flames are doing well through the 2nd. And I'm listening to the game on The Fan 960 via the interweb.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:05 AM   #2
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
My picks.

Eastern Conference .................................................. ..Western Conference

#1 Montreal vs. #8 Boston ........................................#1 Detroit vs. #8 Nashville
W- Montreal .................................................. .......................W- Detroit

#2 Pittsburgh vs. #7 Ottawa ......................................#2 San Jose vs. #7 Calgary
W- Ottawa .................................................. .........................W- Calgary

#3 Washington vs. #6 Philadelphia ................................#3 Minnesota vs. #6 Colorado
W- Washington .................................................. .....................W-Minnesota

#4 New Jersey vs. #5 NY Rangers......................................#4 Anaheim vs. #5 Dallas
W- New Jersey .................................................. .......................W- Dallas
Old 04-10-2008, 09:32 PM   #3
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'm with you except for the PIT-OTT. I think the Pens will pull it off
Old 04-10-2008, 09:56 PM   #4
armstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aviator...Four Fans Of Freedom
Name: Sean
armstrsm's Tacoma Gallery
Detroit

Im gonna go out there and say the Red Wings are goin all the way...Especially with enforcer D. McCarty back in the (GRIND)Line up...

Detroit Red Wings Stanley Cup 2008
Old 04-10-2008, 11:02 PM   #5
Bourbon

ANOTHER Wings fan? Where do you guys come from?

Anyway...Stars Shutout the Ducks 4-0, WOO!!

Game 2 will hopefully go just as well. Turks did a great job in net, and Richards definitely proved to me that he was worth trading Smitty away.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:40 AM   #6
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by armstrsm View Post
Im gonna go out there and say the Red Wings are goin all the way...Especially with enforcer D. McCarty back in the (GRIND)Line up...

Detroit Red Wings Stanley Cup 2008
I am with you man, the Wings are going to get cup # 11 this year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EquinsuOcha View Post
ANOTHER Wings fan? Where do you guys come from?

I came from Detroit, but then I moved to Jersey where hockey is non-existent.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:14 PM   #7
Bourbon

But you've got the Dev...no wait... You may not have hockey, but at least you have the NJ Net...no wait... I hope you had a GOOD reason to move.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:08 PM   #8

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
RedWings leading the series 2-0. I will be truely happy if the Capitials beat the Flyers today!
Old 04-13-2008, 12:34 PM   #9
Lifetime Member
CtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CtryBoyInMT's Tacoma Gallery
I may be the ugly duckling on this one, but I hope Nashville eliminates the Wings right off. I am realistic though, and I don't think they will.

And WTF? can I say WTF? (If not TCbob, remove the tidbit) Dallas beats Anaheim twice on the road? I'm a diehard dallas hater since they were voilently kidnapped at gun point with a "Betty Lou" shotgun from Minnesota.

But my NJ devils will take it all, with the help of the Fighting Sioux recruits they have!
Old 04-13-2008, 12:38 PM   #10
Come on, Touch it......
ChrisDeSoup will become famous soon enough

ChrisDeSoup's Tacoma Gallery
SJ Sharks are going to take Calgary tonight!
Old 04-13-2008, 01:10 PM   #11
Bourbon

Country Boy, I'm with you and against you. I would love to see the lesser of two evils win. But I don't think the Kitty Cats can do it.

The Stars will beat the Ducks in this series. We had their number all season, and now...I'm not sure what their problem is. I haven't been at all impressed with Anaheim's play.
Old 04-13-2008, 01:57 PM   #12
Lifetime Member
CtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I haven't been at all impressed with Anaheim's play.
Ain't that the truth. It's like watching a Junior league!
Not withstanding that Pronger, Selanne, and even Giguerre aren't Junior league caliber players, but still.
Old 04-13-2008, 02:00 PM   #13
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDeSoup View Post
I think it will be an eventful game! I'm glad it is the priority game on my TV network. I am going to watch that one!
Old 04-13-2008, 02:18 PM   #14
Bourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtryBoyInMT View Post
Ain't that the truth. It's like watching a Junior league!
Not withstanding that Pronger, Selanne, and even Giguerre aren't Junior league caliber players, but still.
I said the same thing last night. It seems like the Ducks only want to come out and smash someone into the boards instead of setting up, and finishing plays.

It is no fault of Giguerre that he's been getting the L's. He's been playing well enough to win, but the rest of them have been either lobotomized in front of the net, or taking stupid penalties and digging themselves a deeper hole.

Having Richards on our side doesn't hurt either
Old 04-13-2008, 02:19 PM   #15
Bourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDeSoup View Post
I hope not.
Old 04-13-2008, 02:47 PM   #16
Lifetime Member

Quote:
lobatomized
Lobotomized!
Maybe that only this funny to me, but I liked that one!

Quote:
Having Richards on our side doesn't hurt either
Like I say, I'm a Dallas hater and I can not under my own free will, agree with you. Even though you may be right!
It would damage my pride!
Old 04-13-2008, 04:11 PM   #17
centurion is on a distinguished road
centurion's Tacoma Gallery
No hockey in Jersey???? Thats funny coming from a Red Wings fan but i must thank your Red Wings for letting us sweep em in 95. I remember so vividly all the talk at the time how Detroit was gonna walk through em, HAHAHAHAHA octopuses and all the Devs kicked some ass Doesnt look good this year but ya cant win em all.
Old 04-13-2008, 04:33 PM   #18
Come on, Touch it......
ChrisDeSoup will become famous soon enough

ChrisDeSoup's Tacoma Gallery
Can Boston pull it of today????????
Old 04-13-2008, 06:24 PM   #19
Bourbon

As much as I'd LOVE to see it happen...they aren't gonna do it.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:33 PM   #20
Zoom-Zoom
gdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud of

gdawg25's Tacoma Gallery
What the hell is going on with the Ducks? So much for my Ducks in 5 prediction. Oh well...GO FLAMES! Should be a good game tonight!