Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Archery

Old 06-20-2008, 06:48 PM   #21
tacohunter will become famous soon enoughtacohunter will become famous soon enough

tacohunter's Tacoma Gallery
tcBob... imagine a harpoon gun/harpoon on a much more primitive level. Many bows can be set up to have a reel/line mounted to the riser (handle). The line is connected to a fiberglass arrow with a barbed arrowhead (so it won't pull out). You see the fish up shallow... and fire the harpoon/arrow... and reel 'em in. Spring carp seasons are big-time events in many areas. Other popular targets are buffalo and gar... some of which get very big and very mean.

Hope that helps.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:52 PM   #22
BONES is on a distinguished road

BONES's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
thanks man!! just when you get time........a pic of the hoyt would be cool, just when ya get time though. and getting drunk is the way to be man......good times!!
Well, here you go. My bow and my other toy...
So, what do you think?
Old 06-22-2008, 07:34 AM   #23
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BONES View Post
Well, here you go. My bow and my other toy...
So, what do you think?
thats a sweet ass setup man!!! how fast does that hoyt shoot?? also....what kind of release is that you got??
Old 06-22-2008, 11:20 AM   #24

BONES's Tacoma Gallery
It's a 03/04? MT Sport w/ ZR200 limbs. IBO is 295 fps I think. My releases are...

Tru-Fire Magnum. My 1st release and still my favorite.

I like this Fletchunter Shorty as well, a great release just not my favorite.
Archery-np_side.jpg

Archery-caribou_peep_new.jpgAlso, if you haven't used/or heard of a No-Peep before, you should really check this out. I got mine from http://www.timberline-archery.com/. It truly is awesome!
Old 06-22-2008, 11:36 AM   #25
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
It's a 03/04? MT Sport w/ ZR200 limbs. IBO is 295 fps I think. My releases are...

Tru-Fire Magnum. My 1st release and still my favorite.

I like this Fletchunter Shorty as well, a great release just not my favorite.
Attachment 4954

Attachment 4955Also, if you haven't used/or heard of a No-Peep before, you should really check this out. I got mine from http://www.timberline-archery.com/. It truly is awesome!

those are both good releases. i use a fletcher .44 caliper, and i love that release. thats a pretty quick hoyt you got there. my pse....im only shooting around 237 to 243 fps, depending on which arrows im using, but its still fast enuff to get the job done.
Old 06-22-2008, 11:53 AM   #26

BONES's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely, your bow is plenty fast enough. Well, I wasn't looking for such a powerful rig at the time but, the owner of the shop I goto was selling his, and I don't come across too many used lefty bows, so I jumped on it. But that's still nothing compared to Hoyt's new bows, the "Katera's" IBO is 330 fps. I guess thats for when you want to tag 2 deer standing next to each other.
Old 06-22-2008, 05:43 PM   #27

Quote:
Definitely, your bow is plenty fast enough. Well, I wasn't looking for such a powerful rig at the time but, the owner of the shop I goto was selling his, and I don't come across too many used lefty bows, so I jumped on it. But that's still nothing compared to Hoyt's new bows, the "Katera's" IBO is 330 fps. I guess thats for when you want to tag 2 deer standing next to each other.

....definitely........from one right to the other!!!