Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Show off your Mountain Bike!!!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-19-2012, 08:01 AM   #3961
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
That Tallboy is sick as hell!
Closer pics of my setup:

Old 11-19-2012, 10:56 AM   #3963
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Airun's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Fibermax and I think I paid between 600-700$ iirc.

Edit: I ordered at Truckaddons.com and dealt with Scott Nauman and he was great. Fast shipping.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:41 AM   #3964
TenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
TenBeers's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry I missed the Berryman, but I had a great ride at Greensfelder on Sunday! There was a trail run or something on Saturday, and they were kind enough to blow leaves off several sections of trail.

Almost launched into an uphill rider's chest at one point. There's a fast downhill with a root drop that is a blast to launch off of, and going up it you have to crank pretty hard to keep enough momentum to make it up the roots. The tree providing the roots was blocking the sight line, and some dude was cranking up the hill focused on the roots. I saw him at the last second and diverted. Ruined my fun, but probably not as much as crashing my front tire into his chest would have been.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:00 PM   #3965

Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Damn Rich, I'm glad the crisis was averted! Keep me posted on Syllamo.
The only drawback I've noticed with above bed bike transport is worrying about low clearance issues, garage etc. I hang a red ribbon down in front of opener button to avoid the crunch.
Eddie, are those Thule sidearms your running?
Old 11-20-2012, 12:51 PM   #3967
Banff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
Banff2007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterdmac View Post
Real shit photo but here's my '12 Santa Cruz Tallboy. I could not recommend this frame highly enough to anyone thinking about a new bike, especially if you're going to 29". Dream to ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobord552 View Post
bad picture, but i have a similar set up Aaron. Great for those weekend trips so you can pack the bed full of stuff and have your bikes above

Some seriously nice bikes.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:01 PM   #3969
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughtaco View Post
That they are, I am going to get into DH next year.
Anyone see this yet? All new SC V10c...

I'm afraid to ask how much.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:49 PM   #3971
TenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
TenBeers's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
$8000 and the front shock is 10 inch of travel.......
WOW. She's beautiful. Kind of overkill unless you are a racer or just made of money. For a solid downhill bike at a reasonable price, I would look at the Specialized Status II. MSRP at $3300 is a great deal.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:03 PM   #3972
MY NAME ISN'T WILL
STiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt [again, not WILL]
STiLL WILL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
Anyone see this yet? All new SC V10c...

I'm afraid to ask how much.
The pricing for the DHX RC4 equipped '13 V10 is still a reasonable $3500 for frame only. Not bad for a podium proven frame. Shaving 1.5lbs from the outgoing '12 frame w/aluminum triangle is just the cherry on top. IIRC the frame only Specialized Demo 8 carbon lists at $4000.

Some people are skeptical on what strength has been sacrificed from shaving the 700 grams, but I'm certain 90% of riders who do get their hands on a 2013 V10 will never subject it to the abuse the Syndicate riders have been all season while testing.

That said, I might have a medium '12 V10c mint, unbuilt frame w/DHX RC4 Kashima for sale soon.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:37 PM   #3973
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenBeers View Post
WOW. She's beautiful. Kind of overkill unless you are a racer or just made of money. For a solid downhill bike at a reasonable price, I would look at the Specialized Status II. MSRP at $3300 is a great deal.
You don't have to get it all blinged out
Old 11-20-2012, 02:46 PM   #3974
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
$8000 and the front shock is 10 inch of travel.......
... ^^^ ... Just think at $8,000.00 for each bike ... it would take 7 1/2 of those bikes to equal just one of those "$.Hermes Purses.$" (@ $60,000.00 each) that was posted in the "WTF Thread" ...

Personally, I would take this bike @ $8K and have $52,000.00 and change left ...

FWIW ... Today, I was looking at some inexpensive bikes at REI ... something for flat ground with some hills ... for a bike trail that is close to the house.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:15 PM   #3975
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
the V10c is my dream DH bikes especially now that it has the carbon rear swing arm, someday ill have one haha but realistically ill probably get a spec status, its pretty sweet seeing them used by bearclaw and soderstrom at rampage, definitely help proving they can take abuse
Old 11-20-2012, 06:51 PM   #3980
toughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
toughtaco's Tacoma Gallery
I didnt know that, good to know. I really hope that I have no issues with my Specialized. I just sold my Cannondale Killer V900 that I bought back in 1995. No issues with that bike at all. Put thousands of miles on that bike. Only had it serviced twice, and it ran like brand new.

Products Discussed in this Thread