Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Show off your Mountain Bike!!!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-21-2013, 04:23 AM   #5261
..Slingin' up mud and we're scarying off bunnies..
186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Charles
186000mps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4lo View Post
Let me know when you get to town, the riding is super good here! I moved from CO and believe the riding here, for many reasons, is better. The Barton Greenbelt is a blast and its located in the center of Austin. Walnut Creek is often packed but super fast and fun. Reveille Peak, Rocky Hill and Bluff creek are all about an hour away and are dedicated mountain bike ranches. Emma Long (City Park) is really good but they allow motorcycles, the dust can be overwhelming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glueman View Post
^^^ I used to live in Austin. Loved it but there are no mountains anywhere near central Texas. I moved to Utah. Now I race DH and can ride awesome trails within 20 minutes of my house.

BTW Emma Long was fun. There are some good technical sections. Rocky hill is also really fun and fast.
Thanks guys...Yes the lack of Mountains and the damn heat are the only two negative issues about the move. I'm moving from Vermont and before that I used to live in Seattle, mountains and bad ass trails have always been available right from my door. I have accepted a new job position that is good enough to drag me out of the woods and back to civilization, reluctantly, I admit.
So I am getting the feeling I will have to vacation out of state to use my All-mountain bike. Looks like I'll break loose my old bike has been relegated to the fluid trainer.
I'll definitely hit those those trails y'all mentioned..thanks for the heads up.

Old Klein Mantra on Kurt fluid trainer with extra large flywheel:

Trainer detail:

Intense All mountain bike:

Old 05-24-2013, 01:39 AM   #5262
Just a man and his truck
FLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant future

Navy: GSM
Name: JJ
FLtaco24's Tacoma Gallery
hey guys, I'm new to the biking scene. I've only been a few times and I wanna start doing it more. But something better than the Next full suspension bike I've been using. Somehow it hasn't broke, after the many times I've taking it out. I was on Craiglist and I saw this
http://treasure.craigslist.org/bik/3821358791.html
I was hoping if anyone could tell me if this bike is any good. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:10 AM   #5263
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLtaco24 View Post
hey guys, I'm new to the biking scene. I've only been a few times and I wanna start doing it more. But something better than the Next full suspension bike I've been using. Somehow it hasn't broke, after the many times I've taking it out. I was on Craiglist and I saw this
http://treasure.craigslist.org/bik/3821358791.html
I was hoping if anyone could tell me if this bike is any good. Thanks in advance.
Don't waste your money, that is not a mt bike. That bike is slightly better than walking but not any kind of trail worthy. OK, maybe paved nature trail. Looks like a name brand comfort bike with low end components. Keep looking...........
Old 05-24-2013, 03:31 AM   #5264
freddirt is just really nicefreddirt is just really nicefreddirt is just really nicefreddirt is just really nicefreddirt is just really nice

Law Enforcement: Patrol
Name: Clint
freddirt's Tacoma Gallery
^^Agreed. IMO I would keep riding the NEXT until you save up enough to get somthin better. Not really an upgrade there. I rode a cheap Giant for a long time. Then I sold one of my dirt bikes to get my current ride once I knew I was fully into mtn biking. Nothing special but has everything I need.

My ride:
Old 05-24-2013, 04:02 AM   #5265
Just a man and his truck
FLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant future

Navy: GSM
Name: JJ
FLtaco24's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
Don't waste your money, that is not a mt bike. That bike is slightly better than walking but not any kind of trail worthy. OK, maybe paved nature trail. Looks like a name brand comfort bike with low end components. Keep looking...........
Cool thanks.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:26 AM   #5268
TheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Seth
TheGloryFades's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddirt View Post
^^Agreed. IMO I would keep riding the NEXT until you save up enough to get somthin better. Not really an upgrade there. I rode a cheap Giant for a long time. Then I sold one of my dirt bikes to get my current ride once I knew I was fully into mtn biking. Nothing special but has everything I need.

My ride:
How do you like that fezzari? Haven't heard much about them but its all been good
Old 05-24-2013, 07:34 AM   #5269
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
sexy bike^
Old 05-25-2013, 11:34 AM   #5270
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery

replaced my stock rear tire after i tore a sidewall, went with a maxxis ardent 2.25,overall it felt like a solid tire, i noticed like 3 or so other bikes were rockin ardents, it seems to be the choice tire around here, i hope it will last against rocks. the front tire will need replacing soon, it looks like some of the knobs are about to tear off probably gonna go with a high roller

btw that downhill section is a lot steeper in person haha
Old 05-25-2013, 08:05 PM   #5271
vatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
vatrdtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to vatrdtaco
Quote:
Originally Posted by 113tac View Post

replaced my stock rear tire after i tore a sidewall, went with a maxxis ardent 2.25,overall it felt like a solid tire, i noticed like 3 or so other bikes were rockin ardents, it seems to be the choice tire around here, i hope it will last against rocks. the front tire will need replacing soon, it looks like some of the knobs are about to tear off probably gonna go with a high roller

btw that downhill section is a lot steeper in person haha
Where is this? I'm headed to Fountainhead tomorrow. Hope I'm not getting in over my head...
Old 05-25-2013, 08:11 PM   #5272
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

113tac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vatrdtaco View Post
Where is this? I'm headed to Fountainhead tomorrow. Hope I'm not getting in over my head...
this is at the end of the blue loop, its called old shock a billy, you dont have to do that part if you dont want to, i think its actually a little bit longer if you take the old route. i think fountainhead its a great place to train. its not super technical and its provides a solid workout. i did the whole loop today which i think is close to 11 miles...i forgot to start strava for a bit so i only recorded 8.7 haha

if your ever trying to ride hit me up, im always down to ride with people
Old 05-25-2013, 08:22 PM   #5273
vatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Me & a buddy are heading up there around 9:30 or 10. I've never been there & just getting back on a bike after being off for a couple years after a nasty car accident. I'm sure it's going to kick my ass.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:25 PM   #5274

113tac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Me & a buddy are heading up there around 9:30 or 10. I've never been there & just getting back on a bike after being off for a couple years after a nasty car accident. I'm sure it's going to kick my ass.
nice well glad your back on a bike. itll feel good though haha. im guessing you havent been there since the redesign then?
Old 05-25-2013, 08:29 PM   #5275

I've never been there. Just started mtbing. Raced bmx for years, but the car accident ended that. Just happy to be alive & able to ride.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:34 PM   #5276

113tac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've never been there. Just started mtbing. Raced bmx for years, but the car accident ended that. Just happy to be alive & able to ride.
oh gotcha, well thatll probably help though itll be sweet, fountainhead was one of the first trails i had ridden
Old 05-25-2013, 08:39 PM   #5277

I've ridden Wakefield a couple times on my old hardtail. Just bought a fs bike & love it.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:04 PM   #5278
Jordemo805@yahoo.com
JordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
JordanSmith127's Tacoma Gallery
havnt posted on here in awhile and made some big changes, after racing Downhill on Specialized bikes for almost 6 years i made two big switches...left the FSR for VPP and leaving DH racing for Enduro & Super D racing just got this bad boy a few weeks ago!!! Intense Cycles hooked it up big time! I honestly recomend anyone who hasnt yet to try a 650b bike im amazed! Already crushed all the local strava times on it even on the DH trails rides damn like a DH bike going down and climbs better than my old Stumpy Evo! the 27.5 wheels definitely haul ass too!!! Couldnt be more stoked on it haha

Old 05-26-2013, 04:51 AM   #5280
freddirt is just really nicefreddirt is just really nicefreddirt is just really nicefreddirt is just really nicefreddirt is just really nice

Law Enforcement: Patrol
Name: Clint
freddirt's Tacoma Gallery
I love the Fuzz ball, lol! A lot of my riding buddies told me to spend the money on a well known used bike, but im glad I didnt. I love how Fezzari sets up the bike for each rider. You dont get that at a local shop w/o buying extra parts. Plus a comparable new bike would run over a grand more for any other brand. I did a lot of research before I made the choice. IMO all the negative you hear about Fezzaris is just people not knowing the brand. I been riding the wheels off it for over a year w/o a tune up, just routine maint. and its been holding up like no other. No problems to speak of as of yet. Plus their bikes come with a life time frame warranty and decent parts list.

Products Discussed in this Thread