Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Show off your Mountain Bike!!!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-15-2013, 07:53 AM   #5421
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy1ns View Post
I know the opinions vary but would y'all recommend a 26 or 29er? I want to do anything from road to decent tails. And I'm thinking it will be a hard tail.

I'm 5'6ish" also.

Being that you are 5'6" I would probably not get a 29er. Test ride both if you can but a 29er will definitely feel bigger and with that big of wheel and that small of a frame I don't think you will like the geometry.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:53 AM   #5422
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post
A good quality HT to start on is definitely the way to go. You will know if you want to upgrade by the trails you are riding. As said above if it is recreational riding with allot of fire roads with little technical single track then the entry level HT will suit your needs. When things start to get dicey then nothing beats a FS.
Agreed, but I ride all the epic single track rides in CO on the wahoo just fine. I liked my FS bikes but I don't miss it that much it just makes me take technical rocky sections a bit slower haha.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:04 AM   #5423
Gamecock Tacos
jeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jeremy
jeremy1ns's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks a lot for y'all's help. I want a decent bike but i don't want to be one of those people who drop 2 grand then the damn thing sits in the shed. If I really get serious ill upgrade. The trails i would use around upstate sc I think a ht would be great.
Old 06-15-2013, 03:25 PM   #5424
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
i rode a lot of trails in VA and NC with a hard tail when i was stationed there and i never had any problem. but now i up here in kodiak with big mountains and some pretty rock and gnarly trails im getting beat up with my hardtail. but when i was down there i beat my cannondale and it took everything. just got to pick you line correctly.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:35 PM   #5425
What do you mean I can't go there?
Devilscar is on a distinguished road

Name: Thoreau
Devilscar's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Devilscar
Stumpjumper 29 Comp

I have my 3 year old or so StumpJumper 29 comp and like a 10 year old Rockhopper. My two favorite mountain bikes of all time that I ride on the hills of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:27 AM   #5426
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

A little bike pron: I just added a Thomson stem and Enve Carbon bars. All USA made.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:32 AM   #5427
My pee parts itch

My next purchase needs to be a Go Pro so if or when I run into a black bear again I can get the audio of me crying like a little girl. I rode down this trail on Friday(a trail I have ridden dozens of times) and came around a nice bermed out left hand turn and all I saw was a black furry butt running away from me about 20 feet in front. I grabbed both brakes and stopped as quick as I could. After I changed my shorts I continued on. Cautiously, of course.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:39 AM   #5428
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
My Titus Motolite enjoying a secluded beach: near Miramar Beach FL

Old 06-17-2013, 08:40 AM   #5429
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Airun's Tacoma Gallery
One more:

Old 06-17-2013, 11:17 AM   #5431
My pee parts itch

My friend bought a Titus Motolite frame and built it up. It is a nice bike. He has an older Motolite frame so the big drawback is the lack of clearance for a decently sized rear tire. I guess Titus had changed the design the following year to accomodate a larger rear tire.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:22 AM   #5432
Jordemo805@yahoo.com
JordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
JordanSmith127's Tacoma Gallery
anyone gona be out at China Peak for the Pro GRT race this weekend???? gona race it on my Tracer since i dont have a DH bike currently
Old 06-17-2013, 11:24 AM   #5433
Jordemo805@yahoo.com
JordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
JordanSmith127's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
A little bike pron: I just added a Thomson stem and Enve Carbon bars. All USA made.
love the look of the Enve stuff more than anything else, bike looks dialed you have any full pics of it?
Old 06-17-2013, 11:42 AM   #5434
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My friend bought a Titus Motolite frame and built it up. It is a nice bike. He has an older Motolite frame so the big drawback is the lack of clearance for a decently sized rear tire. I guess Titus had changed the design the following year to accomodate a larger rear tire.
Yeah I just switched to a 2.1 in the rear of my trek not too happy about it but at least I can use my low gear again.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:28 PM   #5435

Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Angry

Quote:
Yeah I gave up on trying anything bigger than a 2.1". I have been so pleased with this bike. It's a 2007 that I bought used in 08 and Ive hammered the shit outta it and never a problem. I have it built relatively burly with crossmax SX, 145mm fork with 20mm thru axle and a dropper post and its around 28 pounds. Kinda like the Taco it's built to do it all. I've hammered Amasa Back and Porc Rim and all day Midwest singletrack epics and it seems to do well with it all. I keep lusting over all the 26 pound carbon 6" travel wonder-bikes but I'm just not sure the $6,000 price tag will gain me that much
Old 06-17-2013, 04:48 PM   #5436
Just a man and his truck
FLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant future

Navy: GSM
Name: JJ
FLtaco24's Tacoma Gallery
Just finished assembling my GT Aggressor, nothing special, but I'm excited to go riding tomorrow
Attached Thumbnails
Show off your Mountain Bike!!!-20130617_174919.jpg  
Old 06-17-2013, 05:11 PM   #5438
Just a man and his truck
FLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant future

Navy: GSM
Name: JJ
FLtaco24's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by straycat241 View Post
niice new bike man!
Thanks man. I think its a good bike for me, seeing how I'm a beginner. When I get better I'll upgrade to something better.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:12 PM   #5439

Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Nice bike JJ! Have fun.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:19 PM   #5440
Doomsday will become famous soon enoughDoomsday will become famous soon enough

Doomsday's Tacoma Gallery
Iím not a hardcore rider like some of you guys, but I picked up a Trek Cobia in March. Just more for recreation and getting outdoors more. Did some research before, decided on a 29er.

Products Discussed in this Thread