LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Show off your Mountain Bike!!!

Old 08-16-2013, 01:49 PM   #5761
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadderkdawg View Post
Been seeing a few of these "fat bikes" lately, whats with the fat bike craze?

same reason you put fat tires on a truck, better traction and the thick tires can act like suspension. obviously its not gonna be as smooth as a full suspension bike but i guess they are fun to ride around. personally i wouldnt own one as my do it all bike but if i lived near a beach or something i would consider one
Old 08-16-2013, 01:57 PM   #5762
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
X2 I bet it would be great on a beach.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:43 PM   #5763
Odie
trdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
Is it overkill to wear my dirtbike helmet while riding trails? I have it so why spend 50-100$ on a helmet. Am I crazy
Old 08-16-2013, 02:57 PM   #5764
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdNick View Post
Is it overkill to wear my dirtbike helmet while riding trails? I have it so why spend 50-100$ on a helmet. Am I crazy
I think it's over kill, but if its what ya got then rock it.
Old 08-16-2013, 03:08 PM   #5765
Odie
trdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
I will use it for now. I just hate cheapo helmets with all the styrofoam and what not
Old 08-16-2013, 03:18 PM   #5767

Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I will use it for now. I just hate cheapo helmets with all the styrofoam and what not
I use a fox helmet for most riding. I do have a down hill helmet but I don't DH much any more.
Old 08-16-2013, 03:21 PM   #5768

Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
That's some serious protection . On a crazy off road trail would work but would be hot / uncomfortable and wouldn't use it for everyday type use . The fox helmet I just got was $80 on sale .
The fox helmet I got was like $19.99 because I found it locally on sale.
Old 08-16-2013, 03:26 PM   #5770

Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's cheap it's normally $100 . I did get mine free with my performance points . Also just picked up some fox mb shorts, shirt and dakine sentinel gloves with the rest of the points + $100 .
I'm sure yours is better than mine. Mine is nothing special but I needed a new helmet and it was cheap.
Old 08-16-2013, 05:54 PM   #5771
SKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
SKULLY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayStrait View Post
http://www.crankworx.com/

Anyone in Canada watching Crankworx eh?
Dual Slalom is today and the Red Bull Joy ride slopestyle event is tomorrow. Crazy stuff going down
I have a few friends that have been up there all week. There was some crazy stuff being thrown down in the "best trick" yesterday! The slopestyle tomorrow is going to go off...wish I was there knocking back some Kokanee and taking part in the mayhem.

Oh and don't forget about the Whip-off that happened today that never disappoints (no video yet)!
Old 08-16-2013, 08:38 PM   #5772
Jordemo805@yahoo.com
JordanSmith127 has a brilliant futureJordanSmith127 has a brilliant futureJordanSmith127 has a brilliant futureJordanSmith127 has a brilliant futureJordanSmith127 has a brilliant futureJordanSmith127 has a brilliant futureJordanSmith127 has a brilliant futureJordanSmith127 has a brilliant futureJordanSmith127 has a brilliant futureJordanSmith127 has a brilliant futureJordanSmith127 has a brilliant future

Name: Jordan
JordanSmith127's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
nothing on your head in my opinion is ever overkill, just sometimes you have to sacrifice a bit of safety for a little bit of comfort. if it doesn't bother you by all means wear it in my opinion. It might look silly for just some trail riding but wont look as silly as being in a wheel chair for a preventable head injury.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:43 PM   #5773
Jordemo805@yahoo.com
JordanSmith127 has a brilliant futureJordanSmith127 has a brilliant futureJordanSmith127 has a brilliant futureJordanSmith127 has a brilliant futureJordanSmith127 has a brilliant futureJordanSmith127 has a brilliant futureJordanSmith127 has a brilliant futureJordanSmith127 has a brilliant futureJordanSmith127 has a brilliant futureJordanSmith127 has a brilliant futureJordanSmith127 has a brilliant future

Name: Jordan
JordanSmith127's Tacoma Gallery
havnt been on here for awhile so thought id post something cool every year i nearly shit bricks when i see Lopes run down the air DH, GoPro always post a video...for those who haven't seen its worth a view for sure

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/327182

Also for any of your guys who need some new shoes and ride clips, my shops doing a free cleats with shoe purchase over $99 right now

http://www.artscyclery.com/Mens_Moun...crumb=MTMSHOES
Old 08-16-2013, 11:54 PM   #5774
Adventurer
ffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
ffdawson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Protection-wise its not overkill, but you will suffer in the comfort/weight category. I was in the same boat a while back, when I was stepping up from riding dirt jumps to more gnarly slope style/free ride with a lot of BIG gaps. Jumps with a lot of consequence. I just couldn't go hard in my regular old lid knowing the potential damage I could suffer. I also ride Moto so I thought "what the hell I'll just rock my full face Moto lid". Not a great choice. While it's fine for Mx, the helmets are just way too heavy, hot and constrictive for riding MTB.

Invest the $ and get a good quality full face lid if you're doing some serious riding. It's your brain after all, can't put a price tag on that
Old 08-17-2013, 07:03 AM   #5775
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

113tac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanSmith127 View Post
havnt been on here for awhile so thought id post something cool every year i nearly shit bricks when i see Lopes run down the air DH, GoPro always post a video...for those who haven't seen its worth a view for sure

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/327182
man hes fast haha, when he went through that tree section i was like holy shit hahaha
Old 08-17-2013, 10:53 AM   #5777
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 113tac View Post
man hes fast haha, when he went through that tree section i was like holy shit hahaha
I thought the section where he passed the other two was pretty quick-well, when he passed them it was like they were standing still!
Old 08-17-2013, 04:16 PM   #5778

113tac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
I thought the section where he passed the other two was pretty quick-well, when he passed them it was like they were standing still!
yeah he flew by them haha
Old 08-18-2013, 10:37 AM   #5779
Gamecock Tacos
jeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jeremy
jeremy1ns's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone from sc riding in the next few weeks?
Old 08-18-2013, 12:21 PM   #5780
Odie

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's some serious protection . On a crazy off road trail would work but would be hot / uncomfortable and wouldn't use it for everyday type use . The fox helmet I just got was $80 on sale .
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanSmith127 View Post
nothing on your head in my opinion is ever overkill, just sometimes you have to sacrifice a bit of safety for a little bit of comfort. if it doesn't bother you by all means wear it in my opinion. It might look silly for just some trail riding but wont look as silly as being in a wheel chair for a preventable head injury.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffdawson View Post
Protection-wise its not overkill, but you will suffer in the comfort/weight category. I was in the same boat a while back, when I was stepping up from riding dirt jumps to more gnarly slope style/free ride with a lot of BIG gaps. Jumps with a lot of consequence. I just couldn't go hard in my regular old lid knowing the potential damage I could suffer. I also ride Moto so I thought "what the hell I'll just rock my full face Moto lid". Not a great choice. While it's fine for Mx, the helmets are just way too heavy, hot and constrictive for riding MTB.

Invest the $ and get a good quality full face lid if you're doing some serious riding. It's your brain after all, can't put a price tag on that

You guys were right, it is too heavy, cumbersome and hot! I am starting to shop for a proper helmet now.

Products Discussed in this Thread