LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Show off your Mountain Bike!!!

Old 04-16-2014, 03:17 PM   #6681
TenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
TenBeers's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylay View Post
Thinking about getting one myself. How do you like yours? I'm looking at EX 5 or 6
If Trek sticks with what they have been doing, don't go lower than the EX7. That is pretty much the base of the better models. Components are significantly better once you move up to the 7. Yes, the price does jump, but for good reason. It is just a better-tuned bike (better shock and fork, better drivetrain, better brakes, you get the picture).
Old 04-17-2014, 12:35 PM   #6682
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
anybody catch geoff gulevich on fox news today? its pretty sweet, the anchor definitely helped him try to get get a point of how tough it is and seemed pretty interested too.

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2014/04/17...ntent=FaceBook

and the rad company trailer for those of you who havent seen it...its awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr-4LbSSriY
Old 04-17-2014, 03:36 PM   #6683
jeffy is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeff
jeffy's Tacoma Gallery
Quick thread jack...

I have a quick question. I ordered 3 mountain bikes, 3 helmets, and a back wheel for my bmx bike on April 3rd. Total purchase price around $3000. He says everything will be in on April 9th. I call today (April 17th) and ask if he has a tracking number for the bikes. He says "I can get it, but it won't get the bikes to you any faster".

What would you do if it has been two weeks, and still no bikes, helmets or back wheel?

EDIT: This is my first time buying from this LBS, let alone buying a mountain bike and helmets.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:43 PM   #6684
Yersinia pestis
Glueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Glueman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy View Post
I have a quick question. I ordered 3 mountain bikes, 3 helmets, and a back wheel for my bmx bike on April 3rd. Total purchase price around $3000. He says everything will be in on April 9th. I call today (April 17th) and ask if he has a tracking number for the bikes. He says "I can get it, but it won't get the bikes to you any faster".

What would you do if it has been two weeks, and still no bikes, helmets or back wheel?

EDIT: This is my first time buying from this LBS, let alone buying a mountain bike and helmets.
If I paid $3k for stuff I'd be kicking his door in for answers....
Old 04-17-2014, 04:05 PM   #6685
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Hopefully, you paid with a credit card.

I'd be calling daily. From his comment, it sounds like you'll get your stuff but he bundled it in with something else to make his minimum order number.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:16 PM   #6686
mechanically retarded
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glueman View Post
If I paid $3k for stuff I'd be kicking his door in for answers....
only if you don't care for the relationship you have with the shop I would give him an ultimatum and say, they are not here by this date, I am calling my CC company and having them retract the money. If you paid with a card....if you paid cash you may be sol unless they are nice enough to refund you.

I would say "yes I would like a tracking number" and go from their. If the shipment is across the country push for a refund, or a partial refund.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:56 PM   #6687
se7enine has a spectacular aura aboutse7enine has a spectacular aura aboutse7enine has a spectacular aura about

se7enine's Tacoma Gallery
I don't like dealing with LBS at all. They never have anything for downhill anyways and if they do the markup is ridiculous. Never do they make you feel like an equal either, most of the help they have know little to nothing about bikes other than road bikes.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:58 PM   #6688
jasclair is just really nicejasclair is just really nicejasclair is just really nicejasclair is just really nicejasclair is just really nice
Name: joshua
jasclair's Tacoma Gallery
2013 stumpjumper

on top of the tacoma!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Show off your Mountain Bike!!!-1507099_776520602380879_8725244982095162004_n.jpg   Show off your Mountain Bike!!!-1461017_762971433735796_1885451516_n.jpg  
Old 04-17-2014, 05:01 PM   #6689
mechanically retarded
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by se7enine View Post
I don't like dealing with LBS at all. They never have anything for downhill anyways and if they do the markup is ridiculous. Never do they make you feel like an equal either, most of the help they have know little to nothing about bikes other than road bikes.
Most if the lbs I have dealt with have been awesome. My second favorite is in the armpit of Cali (Fresno) and has awesome customer service.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:16 PM   #6690
jeffy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
Hopefully, you paid with a credit card.

I'd be calling daily. From his comment, it sounds like you'll get your stuff but he bundled it in with something else to make his minimum order number.
I paid with a cc. Just a little pissed because they aren't in when they were supposed to be
Old 04-17-2014, 06:05 PM   #6691
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I paid with a cc. Just a little pissed because they aren't in when they were supposed to be
As you should be. I know I don't tolerate bs excuses well.

It's one thing to promise a delivery date and have to call and say "not gonna happen because" and quite another to offer an excuse like that.

The CC is insurance should you need to get them involved. Hopefully resolved before it gets that far.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:26 PM   #6692
Jordemo805@yahoo.com
JordanSmith127 has a brilliant futureJordanSmith127 has a brilliant futureJordanSmith127 has a brilliant futureJordanSmith127 has a brilliant futureJordanSmith127 has a brilliant futureJordanSmith127 has a brilliant futureJordanSmith127 has a brilliant futureJordanSmith127 has a brilliant futureJordanSmith127 has a brilliant futureJordanSmith127 has a brilliant futureJordanSmith127 has a brilliant future

Name: Jordan
JordanSmith127's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

i work in shipping/receiving for a huge online bike shop so i can tell you one of two things happened. No supplier takes that long anytime we order from any of our suppliers, KHS, BTI, QBP, Seattle Bike Supply etc....your talking bikes so its probably a bike company not a supplier, but anyway they are all actually super fast because they need to get the shops product when they need it. So he either didn't get your order in right after you placed it and sat on it for awhile or whatever supplier/bike company was out of stock. considering that you ordered bikes, and two separate components not related to those particular bikes, id guess the wheel/helmets are coming from a supplier and the bikes are coming from the bike company and since neither have came in yet my guess is that he didn't take care of your order fast. i would go ask him if it has been shipped yet and id ask for the tracking number just to get the pressure on him so that you have proof its coming and that it has infact been ordered.

thats assuming there generic products some specialty stuff like some of the Chris King line and ENVE parts that are usually not stocked and made to order.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:20 AM   #6693
jeffy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanSmith127 View Post
i work in shipping/receiving for a huge online bike shop so i can tell you one of two things happened. No supplier takes that long anytime we order from any of our suppliers, KHS, BTI, QBP, Seattle Bike Supply etc....your talking bikes so its probably a bike company not a supplier, but anyway they are all actually super fast because they need to get the shops product when they need it. So he either didn't get your order in right after you placed it and sat on it for awhile or whatever supplier/bike company was out of stock. considering that you ordered bikes, and two separate components not related to those particular bikes, id guess the wheel/helmets are coming from a supplier and the bikes are coming from the bike company and since neither have came in yet my guess is that he didn't take care of your order fast. i would go ask him if it has been shipped yet and id ask for the tracking number just to get the pressure on him so that you have proof its coming and that it has infact been ordered.

thats assuming there generic products some specialty stuff like some of the Chris King line and ENVE parts that are usually not stocked and made to order.
I did ask for a tracking number, and he said "It won't get your bikes here any faster". There isn't any specialty stuff: Jamis Nemisis 650 sport(he said it was in his shop, just not put together yet), Kona Mahuna, and Kona Splice.

I can live without the helmets and back wheel not being here on time because I don't have to ride my bmx bike, and I can get a helmet anywhere. It's just kinda hard to go riding with your family when you don't have the bikes.

I'm giving it until the end of today, and then on Monday (He's closed Saturday and Sunday) I'm going to talk with him in person. If nothing is resolved, I'll ask for a refund or I'll go to the credit card company. Thanks for all of your input.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:31 AM   #6694
Connormc11 is on a distinguished road
Connormc11's Tacoma Gallery
little muddy out but good to back on the back after winter

Old 04-18-2014, 05:41 AM   #6695
sparky gUy is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
sparky gUy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylay View Post
Thinking about getting one myself. How do you like yours? I'm looking at EX 5 or 6

This was my first mountain bike and I freaking love it, I've been nothing but happy with the way it's performed out of the shop.

The only thing i've done is added a niterider light and some ODI lock on grips.

I've done about 180 miles on it so far and it's performed flawless, although my cables have stretched some and need adjustment but that's normal.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:00 AM   #6696
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
A bike store closed on Saturday? That should have been a sign right there to stay away.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:09 AM   #6697

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post
A bike store closed on Saturday? That should have been a sign right there to stay away.
It's Easter weekend...
Old 04-18-2014, 08:57 AM   #6698
timmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

timmytoast's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post
Most if the lbs I have dealt with have been awesome. My second favorite is in the armpit of Cali (Fresno) and has awesome customer service.
What shop? I'm in Fresno pretty often.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:55 AM   #6699
mechanically retarded

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytoast View Post
What shop? I'm in Fresno pretty often.
Rubber Soul. Herb Bauer is ok and I haven't done much at Steven's. They seem good, their shop feels like a warehouse/box store type but they are home owned or what ever you call it. Each has their benefits, but I feel Rubber Soul is the best. They are on Blackstone and Nees
Old 04-18-2014, 12:31 PM   #6700
timmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

timmytoast's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post
Rubber Soul. Herb Bauer is ok and I haven't done much at Steven's. They seem good, their shop feels like a warehouse/box store type but they are home owned or what ever you call it. Each has their benefits, but I feel Rubber Soul is the best. They are on Blackstone and Nees
Thanks for the info! I'll be in Fresno on Wednesday and will try to check them out.

Products Discussed in this Thread