Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Show off your Mountain Bike!!!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-17-2014, 09:26 PM   #6681
Jordemo805@yahoo.com
JordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
JordanSmith127's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy View Post
I have a quick question. I ordered 3 mountain bikes, 3 helmets, and a back wheel for my bmx bike on April 3rd. Total purchase price around $3000. He says everything will be in on April 9th. I call today (April 17th) and ask if he has a tracking number for the bikes. He says "I can get it, but it won't get the bikes to you any faster".

What would you do if it has been two weeks, and still no bikes, helmets or back wheel?

EDIT: This is my first time buying from this LBS, let alone buying a mountain bike and helmets.
i work in shipping/receiving for a huge online bike shop so i can tell you one of two things happened. No supplier takes that long anytime we order from any of our suppliers, KHS, BTI, QBP, Seattle Bike Supply etc....your talking bikes so its probably a bike company not a supplier, but anyway they are all actually super fast because they need to get the shops product when they need it. So he either didn't get your order in right after you placed it and sat on it for awhile or whatever supplier/bike company was out of stock. considering that you ordered bikes, and two separate components not related to those particular bikes, id guess the wheel/helmets are coming from a supplier and the bikes are coming from the bike company and since neither have came in yet my guess is that he didn't take care of your order fast. i would go ask him if it has been shipped yet and id ask for the tracking number just to get the pressure on him so that you have proof its coming and that it has infact been ordered.

thats assuming there generic products some specialty stuff like some of the Chris King line and ENVE parts that are usually not stocked and made to order.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:20 AM   #6682
jeffy is a jewel in the roughjeffy is a jewel in the roughjeffy is a jewel in the rough
Name: Jeff
jeffy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanSmith127 View Post
i work in shipping/receiving for a huge online bike shop so i can tell you one of two things happened. No supplier takes that long anytime we order from any of our suppliers, KHS, BTI, QBP, Seattle Bike Supply etc....your talking bikes so its probably a bike company not a supplier, but anyway they are all actually super fast because they need to get the shops product when they need it. So he either didn't get your order in right after you placed it and sat on it for awhile or whatever supplier/bike company was out of stock. considering that you ordered bikes, and two separate components not related to those particular bikes, id guess the wheel/helmets are coming from a supplier and the bikes are coming from the bike company and since neither have came in yet my guess is that he didn't take care of your order fast. i would go ask him if it has been shipped yet and id ask for the tracking number just to get the pressure on him so that you have proof its coming and that it has infact been ordered.

thats assuming there generic products some specialty stuff like some of the Chris King line and ENVE parts that are usually not stocked and made to order.
I did ask for a tracking number, and he said "It won't get your bikes here any faster". There isn't any specialty stuff: Jamis Nemisis 650 sport(he said it was in his shop, just not put together yet), Kona Mahuna, and Kona Splice.

I can live without the helmets and back wheel not being here on time because I don't have to ride my bmx bike, and I can get a helmet anywhere. It's just kinda hard to go riding with your family when you don't have the bikes.

I'm giving it until the end of today, and then on Monday (He's closed Saturday and Sunday) I'm going to talk with him in person. If nothing is resolved, I'll ask for a refund or I'll go to the credit card company. Thanks for all of your input.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:31 AM   #6683
Connormc11 is on a distinguished road
Connormc11's Tacoma Gallery
little muddy out but good to back on the back after winter

Old 04-18-2014, 05:41 AM   #6684
sparky gUy is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
sparky gUy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylay View Post
Thinking about getting one myself. How do you like yours? I'm looking at EX 5 or 6

This was my first mountain bike and I freaking love it, I've been nothing but happy with the way it's performed out of the shop.

The only thing i've done is added a niterider light and some ODI lock on grips.

I've done about 180 miles on it so far and it's performed flawless, although my cables have stretched some and need adjustment but that's normal.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:00 AM   #6685
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
A bike store closed on Saturday? That should have been a sign right there to stay away.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:09 AM   #6686
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post
A bike store closed on Saturday? That should have been a sign right there to stay away.
It's Easter weekend...
Old 04-18-2014, 08:57 AM   #6687
Beard Farmer
timmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

timmytoast's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post
Most if the lbs I have dealt with have been awesome. My second favorite is in the armpit of Cali (Fresno) and has awesome customer service.
What shop? I'm in Fresno pretty often.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:55 AM   #6688
I bring the feel goods
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytoast View Post
What shop? I'm in Fresno pretty often.
Rubber Soul. Herb Bauer is ok and I haven't done much at Steven's. They seem good, their shop feels like a warehouse/box store type but they are home owned or what ever you call it. Each has their benefits, but I feel Rubber Soul is the best. They are on Blackstone and Nees
Old 04-18-2014, 12:31 PM   #6689
Beard Farmer
timmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

timmytoast's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post
Rubber Soul. Herb Bauer is ok and I haven't done much at Steven's. They seem good, their shop feels like a warehouse/box store type but they are home owned or what ever you call it. Each has their benefits, but I feel Rubber Soul is the best. They are on Blackstone and Nees
Thanks for the info! I'll be in Fresno on Wednesday and will try to check them out.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:40 PM   #6690
jeffy is a jewel in the roughjeffy is a jewel in the roughjeffy is a jewel in the rough
Name: Jeff
jeffy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
It's Easter weekend...
Monday-Friday 10am-6pm..are the store hours throughout the year. Saturday is reserved for trail riding and lessons. I should have went with my gut feeling..but I liked the bike and he said he could get it in by the week after I ordered it. Oh well..lesson learned.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:53 PM   #6691
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy View Post
Monday-Friday 10am-6pm..are the store hours throughout the year. Saturday is reserved for trail riding and lessons. I should have went with my gut feeling..but I liked the bike and he said he could get it in by the week after I ordered it. Oh well..lesson learned.
Damn. That sucks.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:20 AM   #6692
TenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
TenBeers's Tacoma Gallery
Starting the 3rd season on my Fuel EX9, and I finally got curious enough about why the Fox F-Series fork was not using all the travel and not as plush as I thought it should be. I remembered reading/hearing about the air chambers of some having fluid in them. Decided to check, so I let the air out and popped the top off and there was like 2 inches of fluid in the air chamber! WTF? No wonder it didn't feel right.

Now I am curious about the oil levels, but about to rebuild it anyway.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:23 AM   #6693
Jdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Daniel
Jdaniel1274's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenBeers View Post
Starting the 3rd season on my Fuel EX9, and I finally got curious enough about why the Fox F-Series fork was not using all the travel and not as plush as I thought it should be. I remembered reading/hearing about the air chambers of some having fluid in them. Decided to check, so I let the air out and popped the top off and there was like 2 inches of fluid in the air chamber! WTF? No wonder it didn't feel right.

Are you going to rebuild your fork yourself? If do use the Enduro Seals for the rebuild.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:28 AM   #6694
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenBeers View Post

interesting...my fork felt super stiff last friday but it may just be high air pressure for me... and the fact that i rode the slash 9 right before haha. what year is your fuel?
Old 04-19-2014, 08:34 AM   #6695
TenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
TenBeers's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 113tac View Post
interesting...my fork felt super stiff last friday but it may just be high air pressure for me... and the fact that i rode the slash 9 right before haha. what year is your fuel?
It's a 2011 model, F-Series F120 with FIT damper, no DRCV. Frame is actually an early 2012 model, but with the 2011 components.

I am about 200 lbs with gear, and I have been running 70-75 psi, which I thought was strange, way low for my weight. I have 85 psi in there now and it feels way more plush and sag is about right.

I will be doing the rebuild myself. I already ordered the Fox kit this time around, but will try the Enduro seals next time. I am meticulous about keeping them clean and oiled, so they are in good shape still.
Old 04-20-2014, 02:59 PM   #6697
Krispy Taco is on a distinguished road
Krispy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JM76 View Post

anyone get one of these yet? 42 tooth cog from one up components. Have yet to test it out,cannot wait.
Thats awesome! Im still running a 3x10 on my 2011 trance x1 with xt 11-36 gearing. I thought I was out of luck to try the 11spd but now i guess i would only have to lose the 3x10 and maybe try 1x11 or 2x11 with that 42t. Would love to hear the feedback on the climbing ability with the 42t and your chainring up front compared to 3x10 or 2x10 when you try it out!
Old 04-20-2014, 03:23 PM   #6698
Jordemo805@yahoo.com
JordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
JordanSmith127's Tacoma Gallery
anyone interested in a kick ass DH bike? my demo is for sale lol
Old 04-20-2014, 05:54 PM   #6699
Ride On
JM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
JM76's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krispy Taco View Post
Thats awesome! Im still running a 3x10 on my 2011 trance x1 with xt 11-36 gearing. I thought I was out of luck to try the 11spd but now i guess i would only have to lose the 3x10 and maybe try 1x11 or 2x11 with that 42t. Would love to hear the feedback on the climbing ability with the 42t and your chainring up front compared to 3x10 or 2x10 when you try it out!
there are a couple different options for the 42 tooth cog. Oneup, Wolftooth, and e-thirteen. The onep is $100, but comes with a 16 tooth cog for easier shifting. The wolf tooth is $89, and the e-thirteen is $69. The only reason I went with one up was the extra cog, . Have not had a lot of trails where I need to use the big cog, but you can tell the difference in power when you spin, but, alas, you can tell the loss of speed. Not that I am worried about speed, lol. That was only after one ride,however. Would recommend a 1x10 with this setup, it only cost me $125, that was the cassette, and a new chain.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:19 PM   #6700
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
I am running the one up but it didn't come with the 16 tooth sprocket. I better check with the lbs.

I didn't see where it listed a 16 t was included. The wolf comes with a longer b set screw. I pulled the 15 tooth sprocket per the recommendation of the lbs as they had found that the shift seemed smoother.

Products Discussed in this Thread