Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Show off your Motorcycles!

Old 03-15-2010, 08:45 PM   #1
Insert nonsense here
rmerchant3 has a spectacular aura aboutrmerchant3 has a spectacular aura aboutrmerchant3 has a spectacular aura about

rmerchant3's Tacoma Gallery
Show off your Motorcycles!

So my first love that comes before my truck is my motorcycle (sorry guys). I couldn't find a motorcycle thread, so I figured I'd start one. I'm a member over at r6-forum.com and a huge participant there. This is actually bad that I found this forum. Now ALL my time is being wasted on the net LOL. Anyhow, here is a few pics of mine...only two with the Taco. Sportbikes and cruisers welcome!

2008 Yamaha YZF-R6

She's In a full carbon fiber transition right now. Waiting on the rest of the parts to get to me.

All naked waiting on fairings at deals gap!

Track days

The Tacoma!

Stock

Others

So you might be able to tell, but I'm completely obsessed about my bike! I know there has to be others out there who are into them...
Old 03-15-2010, 09:03 PM   #2
oldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud of
oldtimertoyota's Tacoma Gallery
There actually is another thread here with bikes.

I posted this bike in the other thread, but I'll show a few more pictures here.

1971 Yamaha RT1-B 360, around 6,500 miles, all paint is original except the fenders. This is one of 8 bikes I own and probably my favorite!

Old 03-15-2010, 09:06 PM   #3
Insert nonsense here
rmerchant3 has a spectacular aura aboutrmerchant3 has a spectacular aura aboutrmerchant3 has a spectacular aura about

^^^ That is SUPER Bad Ass! I like that a lot. Do you actually take it off road a bit?
Old 03-15-2010, 09:17 PM   #4
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Wish I still had mine
motard or a sport bike in a couple years though!
Old 03-15-2010, 09:23 PM   #5
davidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: David
davidpick's Tacoma Gallery
2006 gsxr600. only pic i have so far (just bought it tuesday!) i had a 2005 sv650 last summer, sold it in july of last year and missed motorcycles once the sun came out again this year! beautiful day in the pnw today, so it was great to get a little ride in.

Old 03-15-2010, 09:26 PM   #6
Insert nonsense here

Oh no! Not a Gixxer squid! LOL just giving you a hard time. You should have kept the SV! Those things are track kings.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:52 PM   #8
Insert nonsense here

^^^ I'd rock it. Why not?
Old 03-15-2010, 10:00 PM   #9
davidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
davidpick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmerchant3 View Post
Oh no! Not a Gixxer squid! LOL just giving you a hard time. You should have kept the SV! Those things are track kings.
Haha... i know, i know. I liked my SV a lot, but when it came time to get a new bike, I just felt like I'd be somewhat disappointed with another SV (the brakes and shocks left something to be desired). I feel much more confident on the gixxer for some reason... I think it's the weight more forward on the bike... though I am going to have to learn how to support my weight with my knees instead of my wrists!
Old 03-16-2010, 05:35 AM   #10
Insert nonsense here

Oh yeah for sure. Get some stomp grip. It makes a world of difference. And be careful on that thing. It's got tons more power and much more sensitive coming out of corners on the throttle.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:45 PM   #11
oldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud of
oldtimertoyota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmerchant3 View Post
^^^ That is SUPER Bad Ass! I like that a lot. Do you actually take it off road a bit?
Thank you! I really like this bike and it's a YAMAHA!

Unfortunately this bike does not see to much dirt these days, I have a DRZ400 as well as an XT250 that I use when I go off road. I live in a pretty small town and you should see when I drive the RT1 around, it's definately not a quiet bike as the baffle was removed years ago and I have yet been able to find another, parts are getting pretty hard to find on these bikes.

Here is a picture of my DRZ, you can kind of see my brother in laws Husqvarna.

And here's my 83 XT250, it now sports a new seat cover and tires since the picture was taken.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:47 PM   #12
Its cheaper to do it right, than do it over.
Farmboyfab is on a distinguished road

Name: Jesse
Farmboyfab's Tacoma Gallery
Mine was stolen one year ago (cant believe I have managed to go this long without it), by someone that busted in my front door, and took it out of the garage.

I miss riding.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:55 PM   #13
battleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant future

Army: 11 Bang Bang Squad leader, 25th ID, with 4 vacations to the exotic lands of the middle east.
battleyota's Tacoma Gallery
Here is my 09 Harley Davidson Nightster, thats my mom on it acting retarded. haha, Had a GSX-R 600, But fell in love with that old school rebel lookin Harley

Old 03-16-2010, 04:58 PM   #14
Clever white boy.
wired_af is on a distinguished road

Name: Alex
wired_af's Tacoma Gallery
Heres mine. Love riding. Wanting a dirt bike now
Old 03-16-2010, 05:10 PM   #15
Fortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fortech's Tacoma Gallery
My CBR and the Mrs. Ninja...

A few mods have been done to both since the pics - will update if we ever get spring.

Old 03-16-2010, 05:13 PM   #16
TacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jackson
TacomaJack09's Tacoma Gallery
Kdx220

My other ride. 2007 KDX220 Show off your Motorcycles!-kdx220_1.jpg

Show off your Motorcycles!-kdx220.jpg
Old 03-16-2010, 05:18 PM   #17
CtYankee is a jewel in the roughCtYankee is a jewel in the roughCtYankee is a jewel in the rough

Army:
CtYankee's Tacoma Gallery
welcome! yea, theres actually a few 'bike' threads here.... heres mine - 06 HD street bob -

Old 03-16-2010, 05:24 PM   #18
Beer is proof God loves us.
Kawasaki is on a distinguished road

Kawasaki's Tacoma Gallery
This is my first post so hello.

This would be my bike...
Attached Thumbnails
Show off your Motorcycles!-p1000311.jpg  
Old 03-16-2010, 05:38 PM   #19
Fed Taco will become famous soon enough

Name: Cale
Fed Taco's Tacoma Gallery

I used to hace a kawi 636, buti let my buddy barrow it and he wrecked it. Now I got a DRZ400 supermoto, can't find the pics right now.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:46 PM   #20
Insert nonsense here

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimertoyota View Post
Thank you! I really like this bike and it's a YAMAHA!

Unfortunately this bike does not see to much dirt these days, I have a DRZ400 as well as an XT250 that I use when I go off road. I live in a pretty small town and you should see when I drive the RT1 around, it's definately not a quiet bike as the baffle was removed years ago and I have yet been able to find another, parts are getting pretty hard to find on these bikes.

Here is a picture of my DRZ, you can kind of see my brother in laws Husqvarna.

And here's my 83 XT250, it now sports a new seat cover and tires since the picture was taken.
You have quite an impressive collection. I'm torn between a 4 wheeler or a dirt bike right now. Ive been on tons of wheelers, but the dirt bike's are new to me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmboyfab View Post
Mine was stolen one year ago (cant believe I have managed to go this long without it), by someone that busted in my front door, and took it out of the garage.

I miss riding.
Theives are the lowest for of life in my book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by battleyota View Post
Here is my 09 Harley Davidson Nightster, thats my mom on it acting retarded. haha, Had a GSX-R 600, But fell in love with that old school rebel lookin Harley

I'll be in your same shoes one day. I'm thinking of retiring to a speed triple when I get the crotch rocket out of my blood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired_af View Post
Heres mine. Love riding. Wanting a dirt bike now
Peeeerty. I like!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortech View Post
My CBR and the Mrs. Ninja...

A few mods have been done to both since the pics - will update if we ever get spring.

My brother has the same CBR in black. I almost like it better than mine as far as handling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawasaki View Post
This is my first post so hello.

This would be my bike...
At least you got the bike right...your name we'll have to talk about j/k Welcome!