Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

New RC Toy

Old 04-08-2010, 07:26 PM   #1
04YodaTaco will become famous soon enough
04YodaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
New RC Toy

Actually it's used but new to me. Picked it up for $100. Has been sitting around. It seems to run good though. I "drove" it today before buying it and the thing rips. Seriously I think I had it doing 35-40mph up the road before i rolled it. Now I need a new engine/cylinder guard or whatever the hell that thing is that broke off All I know is that it is a Traxxas Revo. Anyone else out there know about these that could give me some tips?

Old 04-08-2010, 07:40 PM   #2
StormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ron
StormTrooper's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome car! i got one a few months ago for about $165, HPI Brama 10b, topped it out at about 16 mph ( hooked the gps up to it ) its AWD too lol, bad ass little thing. could be faster, but its fun to play around with.

first day i got it, i snapped the tire off lol, so good advice DO NOT PLAY CHICKEN WITH YOUR CAR AND YOUR FRIENDS CAR! lol i had to wait 2 weeks for replacement parts from ebay to arrive.
Attached Thumbnails
New RC Toy-0408002136.jpg  
Old 04-08-2010, 07:41 PM   #3
StormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Oh.. and that is a custom paint job haha, it came white, painted it black and thru some HPI decals on.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:51 PM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkSRon View Post
Awesome car! i got one a few months ago for about $165, HPI Brama 10b, topped it out at about 16 mph ( hooked the gps up to it ) its AWD too lol, bad ass little thing. could be faster, but its fun to play around with.

first day i got it, i snapped the tire off lol, so good advice DO NOT PLAY CHICKEN WITH YOUR CAR AND YOUR FRIENDS CAR! lol i had to wait 2 weeks for replacement parts from ebay to arrive.
HaHa I'm pretty new to this RC thing. I'l probably break it a few times.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:53 PM   #5
brians05taco is a jewel in the roughbrians05taco is a jewel in the roughbrians05taco is a jewel in the roughbrians05taco is a jewel in the rough

Name: Brian
brians05taco's Tacoma Gallery
engines can be tempermental and have to be constantly adjusted... get a temp guage, and a bunch of spare parts....fun as hell though.. regret getting rid of mine sometimes...
Old 04-08-2010, 07:53 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04YodaTaco View Post

Me too. no worries.. its half the fun of the hobbie, fixing it up. just make sure u find out the model name, and buy a owners manual online for it, and check ebay for the parts u need. trust me.. u need the book lol, all of them show u how to replace the parts.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:05 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by brians05taco View Post
engines can be tempermental and have to be constantly adjusted... get a temp guage, and a bunch of spare parts....fun as hell though.. regret getting rid of mine sometimes...
Yeah I bought this off one of my friends. He told me he burned up an engine a few months after he got it and it was replaced for free. I have a bucket of new spare parts that came with it mostly suspension stuff I think. It seemed like it ran perfect today. The temp guage sounds like a very good idea.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:11 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkSRon View Post
Me too. no worries.. its half the fun of the hobbie, fixing it up. just make sure u find out the model name, and buy a owners manual online for it, and check ebay for the parts u need. trust me.. u need the book lol, all of them show u how to replace the parts.
I have the manual
Old 04-08-2010, 08:18 PM   #9

Quote:
I have the manual

then ur in luck!
Old 04-09-2010, 06:09 AM   #10
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
you will break it a bunch if you use it...it's the nature of the beast. i have a brand new Revo 3.3 sitting still in the box in my basement i bought over winter...not sure if i'm gonna keep it or not. i also bought a 1/16 Revo VXL that has been draining my wallet since i got it...fun...but breakage and upgrades starting to add up. the 1/16 will do just over 50mph on pavement, and is a blast.

link to a good RC forum: http://forums.thetoyz.com/

http://www.rctech.net/forum/