Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Finished my latest project!

Old 05-25-2008, 02:04 PM   #1
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Finished my latest project!

Finished!

Shoots great! Now just have to get a scope for it.
Old 05-25-2008, 02:04 PM   #2
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Damn thats nice, what is it?
Old 05-25-2008, 02:06 PM   #3
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
Damn thats nice, what is it?
Mid length AR-15. Custom made lower and upper. 1:8 twist barrel, Midwest Ind. Free Float hand guard, 6 position stock, etc.
Old 05-25-2008, 02:08 PM   #4
missileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
missileman125fw's Tacoma Gallery
I would love to have that weapon! It looks kick ass!
Old 05-25-2008, 03:23 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
sweet looking ar man!!! so.....what kinda scope you got in mind??
Old 05-25-2008, 05:48 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
sweet looking ar man!!! so.....what kinda scope you got in mind??
Not sure yet. I was looking at a Trijicon TA31 RCO ACOG yesterday, but I already have a 700 Rem. in 300 mag. with a 12x for distance shooting. Im starting to lean twards an Eotec. I bought one for my Dads AR and He loves it. At this point, I was instructed by my Wife to fix the boat next (needs a new shifter) before I can begin anything else, So we'll see.
Old 05-25-2008, 05:50 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by missileman125fw View Post
I would love to have that weapon! It looks kick ass!
Thanks! First magazine at the range I was hitting a 2x2 steel plate at 200 yrds. as it sits. The mid length gas system is timed PERFECTLY, and it shoots Soooooooooooo smmmoooooooth.
Old 05-25-2008, 06:28 PM   #8
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Chris what do you mean when you say you "finished" it? Assembly?
Old 05-25-2008, 06:33 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
Ghris what do you mean when you say you "finished" it? Assembly?
Yes sir. The lower receiver and the upper receiver were made by a company near my house, so that took a little time, then, I had to assemble all the parts. The parts were from various manufaturers and came in platic bags and boxes and at different times. My wife bought me the Free float hand gaurd (um, can you say "true love") which was the final peice, but it was on back order until just recently.
Old 05-25-2008, 07:18 PM   #10
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Thanks! First magazine at the range I was hitting a 2x2 steel plate at 200 yrds. as it sits. The mid length gas system is timed PERFECTLY, and it shoots Soooooooooooo smmmoooooooth.

2X2 inches or feet?
Old 05-25-2008, 07:26 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland View Post
2X2 inches or feet?
Sorry, 2 foot x 2 foot. I didnt shoot for groups, just to function fire. I was, however, hitting clay pigeons ( not thrown, just propped up against the back stop) @ 100 yards pretty regularly. The barrel manufacture says the barrel is good for sub MOA groups.

If I could hit a 2"x2" @ 200 yards with open sights I'd go to work for Blackwater.
Old 05-25-2008, 08:16 PM   #12
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
LOL I wasn't trying to give you a hard time. Many moons ago I bought a Colt AR-15 A2 H-Bar. With 69 grain sierra match king handloads it would hold 5/16th inch groups from a bench. I used it for local high power matches. If I'd do my part I'd get 3 to 3 1/2 inch groups on the 300 yd slow fire stage.
Old 05-25-2008, 08:31 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland View Post
LOL I wasn't trying to give you a hard time. Many moons ago I bought a Colt AR-15 A2 H-Bar. With 69 grain sierra match king handloads it would hold 5/16th inch groups from a bench. I used it for local high power matches. If I'd do my part I'd get 3 to 3 1/2 inch groups on the 300 yd slow fire stage.
Thats FANTASTIC! 3 to 3 1/2" is about what Im grouping out of my 700. I dont shoot it that much as being chambered in 300 Win. Mag. and weighing only 7 lbs., it kind of starts to hurt after too many rounds. Thats were this new AR is going to fit in.
Old 05-25-2008, 08:35 PM   #14
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I could hit my neighbor's TV antenna at 30 YDS with my trustyrusty Daisy 10-pump 750 rifle
Old 05-25-2008, 08:37 PM   #15

Quote:
I could hit my neighbor's TV antenna at 30 YDS with my trustyrusty Daisy 10-pump 750 rifle
LOL, so Im guessing that you tried this?
Old 05-25-2008, 08:42 PM   #16

Yeah I actually did....sorry I just hadda stick my nose in where it dont belong
Old 05-25-2008, 08:53 PM   #17

Quote:
Yeah I actually did....sorry I just hadda stick my nose in where it dont belong
LOL. and your nose is always welcome wereever.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:44 PM   #18
Beware the Puma...
swatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really nice

swatjoe592's Tacoma Gallery
Looks sharp. Love the rear grip. Look into the EoTech scopes (if you have the money) and a Viking V-Tac sling. They are both worth the coin. I had the bipod on mine, but we use it more as an entry gun than a sniper rifle, so I've dropped it for a Surefire light. Plus, my sadistic tactical commander likes to make us run with our guns on occassion, and on mile number three when your rifle is wearing a groove in the crook of your elbow, you start thinking of all the shit that's on your gun that really doesn't need to be there at the time....
Old 05-25-2008, 09:52 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by swatjoe592 View Post
Looks sharp. Love the rear grip. Look into the EoTech scopes (if you have the money) and a Viking V-Tac sling. They are both worth the coin. I had the bipod on mine, but we use it more as an entry gun than a sniper rifle, so I've dropped it for a Surefire light. Plus, my sadistic tactical commander likes to make us run with our guns on occassion, and on mile number three when your rifle is wearing a groove in the crook of your elbow, you start thinking of all the shit that's on your gun that really doesn't need to be there at the time....
I dont use this for work, just camping and poking holes in paper. Notice the barrel and you can see a little weight isnt going to bother me. Im getting the V-tac sling, just haveing a hard time finding one. The rear grip is a Magpull MIAD. Feels great.
Old 05-26-2008, 03:28 PM   #20
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
Around camp protection and defend the neighborhood.

Started as a Bushmaster upper and lower.