Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Congrats Texas ! US Formula 1 race 2012 - 2021

Old 05-25-2010, 10:42 PM   #1
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats Texas ! US Formula 1 race 2012 - 2021

Congrats Austin , Texas

http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/18154.html

Back to 2 races in North America !

Alonso !
Old 05-26-2010, 08:58 AM   #2
Middle Age Member
NAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NAAC3TACO's Tacoma Gallery
They haven't picked a site for the track yet and they plan on hosting the race in 2 years. I was thrilled with the news, but I'll believe it when I see it.

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/artic...king-for-site/
Old 05-26-2010, 09:05 AM   #3
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-26-2010, 06:44 PM   #5
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
thats pretty sweet...i'd go to that !
Old 05-26-2010, 06:44 PM   #6
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I considered driving across Canada for the Montreal Grand Prix this year but didn't get my shit together in time . Maybe I'll make it next summer and then drive from BC to Texas for the following year .

That would be cool !
Old 05-26-2010, 06:45 PM   #7
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
I'd travel to see that!
Old 05-26-2010, 11:54 PM   #9
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Although the prospects of a F1 race in my backyard sound thrilling, I wont believe it until it happens. As it stands, this thing is only in the earliest stages of conception. History tends to repeat its self, and there have been many failed F1 attempts in the states before. Not to mention, the current F1 leadership is questionable.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:59 PM   #10

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC4333 View Post
Although the prospects of a F1 race in my backyard sound thrilling, I wont believe it until it happens. As it stands, this thing is only in the earliest stages of conception. History tends to repeat its self, and there have been many failed F1 attempts in the states before. Not to mention, the current F1 leadership is questionable.
You would think that the race organizers would have to make some type of non refundable financial commitment to F1 to get exclusive rights to a US race for 10 years . Bernie Eccelstone doesn't do anything for free , and F1 is keen to get back into the US market while they are already in North America for the Canadian GP .

But then again USF1 ( the team ) folded and lost their deposit .
Old 05-27-2010, 08:29 AM   #11
Middle Age Member
NAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I guess the track may be farther along than first thought.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20100526/F1/100529817
Old 05-27-2010, 06:05 PM   #12
TacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet -11B
Name: Randy
TacoRan's Tacoma Gallery
I almost went to the 2005 U.S. grand prix but missed it. My buddy went and saw the 4 car show! After that fiasco I thought that F1 would leave and never come back! btw It's also nice to see some other F1 fans on this forum.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:36 AM   #14
Middle Age Member

Here's an interview with Bernie on the subject.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20100528/F1/100529787
Old 05-28-2010, 11:52 AM   #15
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoRan View Post
I almost went to the 2005 U.S. grand prix but missed it. My buddy went and saw the 4 car show! After that fiasco I thought that F1 would leave and never come back! btw It's also nice to see some other F1 fans on this forum.
I drove from Portsmouth, VA to Indy and back within 48 hours to go to the 2004 USGP.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:12 PM   #16
Middle Age Member

Here's some news about the guy in Texas in charge of the project.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/83928
Old 05-28-2010, 02:13 PM   #17
Middle Age Member

Here's another take on the subject.

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/artic...r-formula-one/
Old 07-15-2010, 11:30 AM   #18
Middle Age Member

More good news about the US Grand Prix in Austin.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85287
Old 07-15-2010, 07:22 PM   #19

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I can't wait to see the track layout .

Alonso !
Old 07-27-2010, 11:41 AM   #20
Middle Age Member

Official website of the US Grand Prix in Austin.

http://www.formula1unitedstates.com/index.html

More info...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85604