Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

2010 NCAA Football

Old 06-04-2010, 08:49 AM   #21
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimm52 View Post
I hope michigan can sniff a bowl game this year. 2 worst seasons ever.
And to think there was a time when Alabama fans were pissed that RichRod turned us down...
Old 06-04-2010, 02:25 PM   #22
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
07trd4x4's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ haahaahaa
Old 06-04-2010, 02:29 PM   #23
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hey Matt,
What are your thought about USC, Lane K and his pops!?!?!

Not too sure about lane but I got my hopes up about his dad!!!
Old 06-04-2010, 03:45 PM   #24
zimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant future

zimm52's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws4ua View Post
And to think there was a time when Alabama fans were pissed that RichRod turned us down...
I know, he has been nothing but a cancer so far. Die hard michigan fan, but not blinded. I like his ideas of his offense and i think that we have pretty good talent there, but the defense last year was horrible. People have to be kidding themselves thinking that they will be much better with all the freshman playing. I would love to see Forcier sit on the bench and Robinson get the nod this year.

BTW: what do you guys think of all this conference switching crap? I honestly feel that the big 12 will be no more after the pac 10 puts in a bid for 6 teams, then at least nebraska and mizzou will end up in the big ten. Its pure craziness.
Old 06-04-2010, 04:18 PM   #25

^ x2 way crazy.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:27 AM   #26
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Don't have one for 87 days (today), if one of y'all want to pitch in.....

All of these are on my work computer, so I miss the weekends. Saturday was

89 Days!

Old 06-07-2010, 06:48 AM   #27

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07trd4x4 View Post
Hey Matt,
What are your thought about USC, Lane K and his pops!?!?!

Not too sure about lane but I got my hopes up about his dad!!!
Lane is an ass-clown. I've never seen anybody do so well with so little experience. Getting a job at Tennessee, which is a big time program... then at USC, which is a top-5 program in the nation. And what has he done to prove himself in any way?

His dad is damn good... but he's 140 years old.

The NCAA is going to have more of an effect on the program than either of those guys, though. When are they going to announce penalties, if there are any?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimm52 View Post
what do you guys think of all this conference switching crap? I honestly feel that the big 12 will be no more after the pac 10 puts in a bid for 6 teams, then at least nebraska and mizzou will end up in the big ten. Its pure craziness.
I don't understand what's wrong with 12-team conference all of the sudden. Why can't the Big 10 add one team, the PAC 10 add two, and let that be it? These super-conferences are stupid. If you divide a 16-team conference in two and play everybody in your division every year, you're already eating up 7 games of your schedule. You'll never make your way through the other half of the conference... so you'll have teams that are in the same conference, but who don't play but every decade (unless they make the championship game)? Stupid.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:05 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mws4ua View Post

The NCAA is going to have more of an effect on the program than either of those guys, though. When are they going to announce penalties, if there are any?

I don't understand what's wrong with 12-team conference all of the sudden. Why can't the Big 10 add one team, the PAC 10 add two, and let that be it? These super-conferences are stupid. If you divide a 16-team conference in two and play everybody in your division every year, you're already eating up 7 games of your schedule. You'll never make your way through the other half of the conference... so you'll have teams that are in the same conference, but who don't play but every decade (unless they make the championship game)? Stupid.
^^^^ couldn't agree with you more. Well said, matt.

I hate the bcs, but I am truly hoping that in the end so how some way, it will will push for a true play off system.

NCAA will prob never now Pete went to the NFL. IT sucks to because there were major thing going on that were being covered up. I will be the first to agree with you.
Pretty sure that USC isn't the only team either, but who knows!!
Old 06-07-2010, 09:08 AM   #29

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07trd4x4 View Post
Pretty sure that USC isn't the only team either, but who knows!!
USC isn't the only team... there are violations all over the place. We've had our share recently, too. We just came off probation in Saban's first year.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:27 AM   #30
81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed
81shark's Tacoma Gallery
Go Buckeyes.....

I've heard some rumblings that some old Buckeye players what mi to improve so that the rivalry is better. personally, i wouldn't have a problem if that team up north went 0-12 every year.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:36 AM   #31

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81shark View Post
Go Buckeyes.....

I've heard some rumblings that some old Buckeye players what mi to improve so that the rivalry is better. personally, i wouldn't have a problem if that team up north went 0-12 every year.
There seem to be two kinds of fans. The kind that want their rival to do well so it means something when they beat them every year... and the kind that wants their rival to lose every game.

I used to the the former, now I'm the latter. The reason I switched is NOT because I don't want it to be meaningful when we beat auburn or tennessee. It would be great if Alabama was the reason AU didn't go to the national championship game (just like it would have been great for AU fans if they'd done that to us last year...)

I switched because if they're doing well, they can compete against us in recruiting.

I realize that recruiting isn't local anymore, so any team's success can affect our ability to recruit. Still, the close schools are the ones with the greatest and most direct effect. SO... I want auburn to lose every time they suit up. SEC opponent or otherwise. (The only exception is in a situation where an AU victory would lock us up as SEC West champs or something.)
Old 06-07-2010, 11:54 AM   #32
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
War eagle
Old 06-07-2010, 11:58 AM   #33
Local TW dissenter
toy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

toy02ota's Tacoma Gallery
Im sooo ready too

Hopefully we don't embarress ourselves this year.
GO VOLS!
Old 06-07-2010, 12:07 PM   #34
dylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT-Santa Clara County
Name: Dylan
dylandercole's Tacoma Gallery
iv been ready since january. ROLL ON YOU BEARS!!!

Sorry to pick on the arizona teams
Old 06-07-2010, 01:37 PM   #35
zimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant future

zimm52's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81shark View Post
Go Buckeyes.....

I think we felt the same way when you guys had cooper there. remember those times? yah yah, I know its the past. Ohio State is whooping up on us now and Ill take the good with the bad. Personally I rather go back to when both teams were ranked in the top 5 or 10 in the nation fighting it out not only for the big 10 championship but for a rose bowl/bcs bid. We may not have too many years left of that with all the conference expansion talks. It would be great to have a BIG 10 Championship game like many of the other conferences. Anyways, getting off on a tanget.

I love college football, there is no other sport IMO that captures what sports should be about.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:18 PM   #36

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
As if I wasn't ready enough for football season... I read this article today.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:22 PM   #37
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
i have a feeling its gonna be a LONG season without CJ Spiller carrying the team
Old 06-07-2010, 07:36 PM   #38
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
and now it looks like our starting QB may be gone too...shit...

Kyle Parker was drafted in the first round by the Colorado Rockies...
Old 06-07-2010, 07:55 PM   #40
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery

Go Bulls!!! USF! USF! USF!