LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

2010 NCAA Football

Old 06-07-2010, 08:00 PM   #41
Scalp Em
FLtaco06 is a splendid one to beholdFLtaco06 is a splendid one to beholdFLtaco06 is a splendid one to beholdFLtaco06 is a splendid one to beholdFLtaco06 is a splendid one to beholdFLtaco06 is a splendid one to beholdFLtaco06 is a splendid one to beholdFLtaco06 is a splendid one to behold

FLtaco06's Tacoma Gallery
Go Noles. If only we had a defense... Sorry U fans, but it was a sick hit...

Old 06-08-2010, 05:15 AM   #42
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ Don't apologize, especially to 'the U'. That's badass.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:23 AM   #43
bama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
bama trd's Tacoma Gallery
The LOUDEST stadium that I ever heard -" Rocky Block", my son and I made it to 3 games last year and he got to meet some of the players. Can't wait , Love college football, I'm ALABAMA , wifes AUBURN!?!?!?!?!
Old 06-08-2010, 06:15 AM   #44
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
I was there, too! As they lined up to snap the ball for the kick I thought that the stadium was as loud as I'd ever heard it. (The 31-3 ass-whipping of Florida in 2005 was the loudest I'd heard the stadium before that.)

Then Cody blocked the kick and it was as if the stadium had been silent before. A solid wall of sound. Absolutely incredible. I can't wait to attend a game with the finished stadium and 101,000+ fans.

ROLL TIDE!
Old 06-08-2010, 06:21 AM   #45

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
88 Days!

Old 06-08-2010, 06:23 AM   #46
81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold
81shark's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimm52 View Post
I think we felt the same way when you guys had cooper there. remember those times? yah yah, I know its the past. Ohio State is whooping up on us now and Ill take the good with the bad. Personally I rather go back to when both teams were ranked in the top 5 or 10 in the nation fighting it out not only for the big 10 championship but for a rose bowl/bcs bid. We may not have too many years left of that with all the conference expansion talks. It would be great to have a BIG 10 Championship game like many of the other conferences. Anyways, getting off on a tanget.

I love college football, there is no other sport IMO that captures what sports should be about.
Yes Cooper was owned by mi. no question about it. but those Cooper teams were never 3 win teams. They always came in with a solid teams (with a Heisman winning RB one year) that were at or near the top of the leauge, not down in the standings with MN and IN like that team up north has been the past couple of years.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:50 AM   #47
zimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant future

zimm52's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81shark View Post
Yes Cooper was owned by mi. no question about it. but those Cooper teams were never 3 win teams. They always came in with a solid teams (with a Heisman winning RB one year) that were at or near the top of the leauge, not down in the standings with MN and IN like that team up north has been the past couple of years.
i just want michigan to get better. god knows that the big ten has been fighting for cred for a while now, they are not pulling their weight.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:08 AM   #48
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bama trd View Post
The LOUDEST stadium that I ever heard -" Rocky Block", my son and I made it to 3 games last year and he got to meet some of the players. Can't wait , Love college football, I'm ALABAMA , wifes AUBURN!?!?!?!?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws4ua View Post
I was there, too! As they lined up to snap the ball for the kick I thought that the stadium was as loud as I'd ever heard it. (The 31-3 ass-whipping of Florida in 2005 was the loudest I'd heard the stadium before that.)

Then Cody blocked the kick and it was as if the stadium had been silent before. A solid wall of sound. Absolutely incredible. I can't wait to attend a game with the finished stadium and 101,000+ fans.

ROLL TIDE!

pssshhhh

i was at Clemson during both games where we broke...and then rebroke the loudest stadium dB level

not to worry though because we wont be breaking much of anything this year...
Old 06-09-2010, 07:29 PM   #49
swendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
swendling12's Tacoma Gallery

So whats going to be said by Mr. Osborne on Friday?
Old 06-09-2010, 07:49 PM   #50
81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold
81shark's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by swendling12 View Post

So whats going to be said by Mr. Osborne on Friday?
we look forward to joining the buckeyes in beating mi every november
Old 06-09-2010, 08:01 PM   #51
swendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
swendling12's Tacoma Gallery
Or look forward to beating both the buckeyes and Michigan every november? As well as embarrassing Texas still...?
Old 06-10-2010, 10:30 AM   #52
1/2 man 1/2 amazing
sooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: A A Ron
sooner07's Tacoma Gallery
Hot damn, it's happening. Never thought the Big 12 would disolve. With CU jumping ship, it looks pretty certain to me that OU, UT, TAMU, TT and OkSU are going to go to make the Pac-10 the Super 16.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:17 AM   #53
Go Braves!
blake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chazz Michael Michaels
blake1012's Tacoma Gallery
So there is a rumor that ga tech, Clemson, va tech and fsu are joining the sec????
Old 06-10-2010, 11:43 AM   #54
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
Wow...haven't even seen this thread yet. Disappointing. Gotta go ahead and sub to it.

GO DAWGS! Maybe we'll have a better season than last year since we don't have Joe "Sucks" Cox.

From what I heard, the SEC was gonna go after Texas, TT, Oklahoma and maybe OK St., but apparently they've already been offered spots by the Pac-10. The scenarios I've heard are: Whatever conference gets Texas, gets A&M, TT, OK, and OK St. If that happens to NOT be the SEC, the SEC would then pick apart the ACC, which would include VT, Miami, and possibly one other, but they were trying to stay away from GT and FSU. Apparently they're jsut doin this for TV shares in new areas, which is why they were going farther west to get the Texas and OK teams.

Of course, all this is pure speculation, but since Colorado has already left to join the Pac-10, things are about to get real crazy real fast.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:45 AM   #55

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
It's all over talk radio here the last few weeks... If you believe any of them, it sounds like if it's just the PAC 10 jumping to 16 teams and the rest settle out at 12, the SEC will stay put. (Not sure how that can even happen, given the math of it all.) If the Big 10 jumps to 16, the SEC is likely to rape the ACC for four teams.

The ones I've heard most commonly are Ga Tech, Clemson, FL State and Miami. I think each is a dumb choice, except maybe for GA Tech.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:51 AM   #56
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
It's all over talk radio here the last few weeks... If you believe any of them, it sounds like if it's just the PAC 10 jumping to 16 teams and the rest settle out at 12, the SEC will stay put. (Not sure how that can even happen, given the math of it all.) If the Big 10 jumps to 16, the SEC is likely to rape the ACC for four teams.

The ones I've heard most commonly are Ga Tech, Clemson, FL State and Miami. I think each is a dumb choice, except maybe for GA Tech.
For TV shares, I think they're all dumb choices. If it's really all for the money like they have been saying, it would be smart to go for VT, and if they wanted to go out west they could go for TCU if the rest of the Texas teams head for the Pac 10. For competition, GT and The U are decent choices since both have started coming around the last year or so.

I'm not putting any stock in anything the "experts" have to say until I hear official word of someone skipping out on their conference like Colorado did today.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:58 AM   #57

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah... I think having Florida in the SEC gives us a huge chunk of the FL market. I think you can get more bang for your buck adding a team in a market you don't already own than by adding two more FL teams. GA Tech used to be in the SEC, and I think the ATL market is big enough that solidifying it is worth something. I agree that VA Tech makes more sense than most of the teams I keep hearing about.

There's zero benefit in adding Clemson. No TV market to speak of.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:15 PM   #58
Your mom goes to college

Quote:
Yeah... I think having Florida in the SEC gives us a huge chunk of the FL market. I think you can get more bang for your buck adding a team in a market you don't already own than by adding two more FL teams. GA Tech used to be in the SEC, and I think the ATL market is big enough that solidifying it is worth something. I agree that VA Tech makes more sense than most of the teams I keep hearing about.

There's zero benefit in adding Clemson. No TV market to speak of.

Ah come on now, tigerfan has to count for somethin, right?

I mean, he is the only Clemson fan left, I believe.

Just messin around TF...but I woudln't expect too much from em with Spiller gone this year.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:29 PM   #59

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah... I shouldn't say NO tv market... but there's not much of a TV market in SC anyway, and the SEC already has South Carolina.

In other news... w/ the NCAA penalties coming down on USC, there are a bunch of auburn fans bitching about how they were the "only, truly undefeated team from that season" and they want the NC for 2004. To be fair... they did finish #2 in both the AP and Coaches polls.

I'd put money on AU claiming the NC, whether or not anything official changes.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:46 PM   #60
Your mom goes to college

Well, I guess technically, they'd be right now. If I were an AU fan, I'd claim it. They shared it, but now the team that they shared it with vacated their wins from that season, which, in my eyes, makes AU the sole owners.

Products Discussed in this Thread