Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

RC crawlers

Old 06-26-2010, 12:58 AM   #1
Nitronick will become famous soon enoughNitronick will become famous soon enough
Name: Nick
Nitronick's Tacoma Gallery
Cool RC crawlers

Does anybody have one? two of my buddies have the axial ones with the green 1st tacoma that is a truggy. I would brather not get the same ones as them.

Can someone direct me to which crawler i would want to get where i would have the most choices of toyota bodies?
Old 09-26-2010, 10:58 AM   #2
stupidmonk37 is on a distinguished road

Name: Justin
stupidmonk37's Tacoma Gallery
you can use any body style on any crawler you want. you just have to drill the holes in the body where the body posts are. but if you want a different truck, the losi comp crawler is awesome! my buddy has one. the axial crawlers are just nice cause there are so many things you can do with it. its probably the most capable stock crawler.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:10 AM   #3
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
stupidmonk is right, you can purchase all sorts of different bodies for them for any rock crawler. They cost about $20-$30 ea. plus paint. In other words the frame of the crawler is the same, but you can change the bodies of the truck.

I used to work in a Hobby Shop and I personally would recommend Axial rock crawlers, they are of very high quality, especially the kits. The RTR's cost less but aren't as good of quality.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:14 AM   #5
stupidmonk37 is on a distinguished road

Name: Justin
stupidmonk37's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
If you really want to know what to get.... You really need to visit this forum.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/

I know several guys on this forum who build rc crawlers and they build & wheel fullsize.
Yeah ive learned a lot from these guys too. ckrccrawlers.com has a lot hop-ups for any truck for pretty cheap.