1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Camping Hammock -(Hennessy Hammock)

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by Itsallgood, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Apr 8, 2009 at 7:25 AM
    Itsallgood

Itsallgood [OP] Awww, we got this!

Member:
    Midland, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2003 Xtra Cab Red V6 4X4
    Deck Plate, K&N, Grey Wire Mod, Magnaflow Dumped,Goodyear Duratracs-265/75/16,OME 3 in lift,LR Upper control arms, Wabfab sliders, homemade bed bar, 4XInnovations class 3 rear bumper, Trail-Gear low pro front bumper with Warn M8000 winch & LED turn signals
    Anyone who likes to hike or just camping needs one of these. I have one and we go and hike in Big Bend National Park and it is 100 times more comfortable than sleeping on the ground and way faster to set-up and take down.

http://hennessyhammock.com/

2. Apr 8, 2009 at 8:07 AM
    bobwilson1977

bobwilson1977 Well-Known Member

Member:
    KaliFORN-I-A
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma 2WD ( pizza delivery model)
    none except for crappy hub caps and floor mats.
    Wow, that looks a 100 times better than the one I used to own. I had one that was fully enclosed and all, but it was tipsy. It turned upside down with me in it more than once, which is not cool at 2AM.

3. Apr 8, 2009 at 8:21 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Jungle hammocks are great. I used one for the past 12 or so years as a boy scout/rec camper.

I haven't slept in a tent in that long either.

4. Apr 8, 2009 at 8:29 AM
    Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    4Runner Trail, 88 pickup, Tundra Platinum
    A few bolts are different.
    ENO hammocks are great too!

5. Apr 8, 2009 at 8:35 AM
    Itsallgood

Itsallgood [OP] Awww, we got this!

Member:
    Midland, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2003 Xtra Cab Red V6 4X4
    Deck Plate, K&N, Grey Wire Mod, Magnaflow Dumped,Goodyear Duratracs-265/75/16,OME 3 in lift,LR Upper control arms, Wabfab sliders, homemade bed bar, 4XInnovations class 3 rear bumper, Trail-Gear low pro front bumper with Warn M8000 winch & LED turn signals
    I sleep on my side most of the time and it is comfortable as hell. If it sags to much I just get out and make the rope tied to the trees tighter and then it seems to be better. At first we had back packing tents and we would wake up sore as hell from sleeping on the ground (hiking 10 miles a day doesn't help) after sleeping in the Hammock it is night and day difference in the morning.

Products Discussed in

To Top