1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Garmin Edge 305

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by NetMonkey, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Jul 20, 2009 at 4:22 PM
    NetMonkey

NetMonkey [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Geogetown, TX
    Vehicle:
    2010, 4x4, DC, off-road, shortbed, automatic
    Toytec Ultimate Lift @ 3", Mickey Thompson MTZ's 285/75/16, Moto Metal 955b, rear 2" ALL, Marlin Crawler sliders
    a couple of my co-workers ride alot and they turned me onto GPS computers for bicycles. i had never considered a GPS for a bike, i do some mountain biking and i always wondered what elevation i climbed up to; among other things.

so i did some research and found the Garmin Edge 305 (which my co-workers use too).
    it comes with software to display heart rates, % grades, elevation assents/descents, RPM (cadence), speed, calories burned, time, distance, elevation, etc… and then maps out your course on google maps.

there is also a garmin run website that you can upload your data to and share it with others. here is my ride from yesterday:
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/9175579

i got the Edge with the cadence and heart monitor so it was a little bit more. on the garmin website, they sell it for $400, but i found it on Amazon for $261. i also saw it at best buy for $180 (w/o the heart rate and cadence monitors).

for anyone who bicycles (and who is a stat hound/numbers geek like me), i highly recommend this device.

Products Discussed in

To Top