Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Stocks & Investments

Notices

When to get out...(sell stock)

Old 12-01-2010, 09:08 AM   #1
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
When to get out...(sell stock)

I have shares of a stock since March that has doubled my original investment (almost). When is a good time to get out? All of the reports and ratings suggest a hold or long term hold, yet the stock has been hovering at it's 52 week high.

Thoughts?

The stock is NCT.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:48 PM   #2
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Bueller?
Old 12-01-2010, 02:02 PM   #3
Crazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Keith
Crazyfrog's Tacoma Gallery
I think I would hang on to that one for a while. If the firm is secure, it has the potential to go higher, and your really not in it for all that much of a profit, even at that gain. (Unless you bought a boat load) Just my .02 cents.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:39 PM   #4
wmb67 is just really nicewmb67 is just really nicewmb67 is just really nicewmb67 is just really nice
wmb67's Tacoma Gallery
Sell enough shares to pull out your initial investment and let the remainder ride until you decide you want the money or if the stock begins to fall below your comfort level.

Technically, the chart looks due for a pullback.

The real estate sector still looks terrible to me... high unemployment, more vacant storefronts and homes, very shaky asset-backed and mortgage- backed securities. I think real estate has further to fall.
But hell, I'm wrong all the time.

On the other hand, NCT has beaten earning estimates for the last couple quarters and since the 2009 low of $.25, it has only gone up.

Great job on the double.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:57 PM   #5
angdefeo is on a distinguished road
angdefeo's Tacoma Gallery
My style has been to sell some (usually my intial investment) and let the rest ride. It all comes down to where you think the stock the will end up.

My approach has been to set targets before i buy the stock. Then if the stock hits those targets to the high or low side, sell, and move along. I also adjust the targets on a monthly basis but stay discplined in case it hits the targets.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:52 PM   #6
Whitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud of

Name: Whit
Whitster's Tacoma Gallery
I've been following an outfit called Awesome Penny Stocks. I'm convinced they are in a growing number of Pump-n-Dump scams being hyped all over the place. The last sentence on their offering disclaimer pretty well nails their true objective. I don't subscribe to their 'Newsletter' but they send you their updates free if you make any kind of inquiry at all.

I've been playing their game by buying as soon as I see their hype, only getting out before they pull the plug themselves. Their latest was a hype for AMWI.
I doubled my money, could have made more as they went higher before the dive they're currently in, lower than I bought into, but I don't mind getting out a 'little too soon'. I'll be happy with that all the time.

"Pigs get slaughtered" don'cha know.

;->

Whit