Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Stocks & Investments

Notices

Precious metals

Old 04-18-2013, 08:29 PM   #61
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
Everyone spread the word, buy a butt load of silver! I need the price to go back up so I can sell mine without a loss! Its dropped $20 an ounce since I bought it.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:30 PM   #62
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shay
ToyotaKTMracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco terror View Post
Everyone spread the word, buy a butt load of silver! I need the price to go back up so I can sell mine without a loss! Its dropped $20 an ounce since I bought it.
Don't remind me......
Old 04-18-2013, 09:44 PM   #63
Wild Ginger
BrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BrettBretterson's Tacoma Gallery
PM's are just a bad investment, period. Horrible track records, extreme volatility, and value's based upon nothing more than what people think it's worth.

Buying into them at the beginning of a bubble, say gold 10 years ago, is one thing, but buying them as a long term investment is just not a smart investment strategy.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:51 PM   #64
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettBretterson View Post
PM's are just a bad investment, period. Horrible track records, extreme volatility, and value's based upon nothing more than what people think it's worth.

Buying into them at the beginning of a bubble, say gold 10 years ago, is one thing, but buying them as a long term investment is just not a smart investment strategy.
^ This guy.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:55 AM   #65
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaTRD View Post
Copper is being used less and less in residential and commercial applications from what I see. The applications that I see it used less in are heating, cooling and water distribution. Plastic and aluminum have taken a large chunk out of this market. Not sure what kind of future it will have. Am I missing something?
My work just signed a 25 billion dollar shipbuilding contract and we use copper everyday. There are many uses for it still.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:33 AM   #66
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Nirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Snipe
Name: Kris
Nirvana's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaTRD View Post
Copper is being used less and less in residential and commercial applications from what I see. The applications that I see it used less in are heating, cooling and water distribution. Plastic and aluminum have taken a large chunk out of this market. Not sure what kind of future it will have. Am I missing something?

People are still willing to fry themselves pulling copper wire out of transformers, take that as you wish. Until you start seeing tesla coils being used to power grids or more photovoltaic cells on houses, the electric industry still requires high purity copper and lots of it.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:29 AM   #67
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
People are still willing to fry themselves pulling copper wire out of transformers, take that as you wish. Until you start seeing tesla coils being used to power grids or more photovoltaic cells on houses, the electric industry still requires high purity copper and lots of it.
Just because some crackhead will steal it, that doesnt mean it is a good investment.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:36 AM   #68
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
Copper, Gold and silver are good for a short term, But it fluctuates so much that you most likely wont make a good long term payout. Although gold will always be in demand, Invest in gold for a plan B, Dont put all your hope into gold though.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:14 PM   #69
tacohead75 is on a distinguished road
tacohead75's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyComa92 View Post
Copper, Gold and silver are good for a short term, But it fluctuates so much that you most likely wont make a good long term payout. Although gold will always be in demand, Invest in gold for a plan B, Dont put all your hope into gold though.
Never put eggs in one basket....I think all precious metals will pay off in long run....Stocks are iffy also...Only item I know that will always be in demand is land because, no one makes land anymore...

I been buying some silver and gold lately though...
Old 06-28-2013, 03:16 PM   #70
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Gold will shoot up in priced again it has more uses than just being shiny it can used for a ton of things plus it is extremely hard to mine
Old 07-23-2013, 03:31 PM   #71
Turn up the good, turn down the suck!
RPD STARS is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
RPD STARS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettBretterson View Post

Ummmm this is sorta true i guess.... But then again, whats the value of the paper in your wallet? Whatever someone has printed on it? Im new to PM but i know a fair amount of ppl who have been buying for decades and ya unless your talking about huge amounts of PM dont expect to retire on the investment but i guess there’s something that i find satisfying while holding a piece of silver as opposed to holding a piece of paper with a number on it. Oh and obviously the Apocalypse is a part as well lol
Old 01-23-2014, 07:15 AM   #72
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I dumped a lot of cash is gold recently as some smart analysts who don't BS have said it should be 2000-2200 an ounce with in a year. Many factors including low reserves that are somewhat being kept quiet, and now with the gold price manipulation being cracked down on it can only mean good. Hope it works and thought I would spread the word
Edit
Hopefully people took my advice here, because you would be up BIG time. I was up 37% on my main gold stock and sold, then up 145% on a smaller invested company and sold out. Great cash for summer!!!!
Old 02-25-2014, 07:11 PM   #73
Stalker
TacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
TacoBrah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPD STARS View Post
Ummmm this is sorta true i guess.... But then again, whats the value of the paper in your wallet? Whatever someone has printed on it? Im new to PM but i know a fair amount of ppl who have been buying for decades and ya unless your talking about huge amounts of PM dont expect to retire on the investment but i guess there’s something that i find satisfying while holding a piece of silver as opposed to holding a piece of paper with a number on it. Oh and obviously the Apocalypse is a part as well lol
The value of the dollar is that it is the world reserve currency and is what oil is bought and sold with. As countries continue to drop the dollar it will become worth less and less until it collapses or WW3 kicks off. Google the petrodollar.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:33 PM   #74
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBrah View Post
The value of the dollar is that it is the world reserve currency and is what oil is bought and sold with. As countries continue to drop the dollar it will become worth less and less until it collapses or WW3 kicks off. Google the petrodollar.
Not true. The dollar only gains a little being the default currency for oil through arbitrage. The only difference if it was denominated in Euros is that we'd have to convert to Euros to buy it. Oil already fluctuates to compensate for a weak dollar and can be bought and sold with any currency.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:57 PM   #75
Stalker
TacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Monkey View Post
Not true. The dollar only gains a little being the default currency for oil through arbitrage. The only difference if it was denominated in Euros is that we'd have to convert to Euros to buy it. Oil already fluctuates to compensate for a weak dollar and can be bought and sold with any currency.
I disagree, oil being sold in dollars mainly (world reserve currency) creates a higher demand for dollars than for other currencies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_reserve_currency

The main value backing the US dollar is the US military and our govts willingness to go to war to protect the petrodollar.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:25 AM   #76
TACO626 is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve O
TACO626's Tacoma Gallery
Doing my research on PM. Thanks for the wealth of info, guys.
Old 03-23-2014, 05:23 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower29 View Post
I dumped a lot of cash is gold recently as some smart analysts who don't BS have said it should be 2000-2200 an ounce with in a year. Many factors including low reserves that are somewhat being kept quiet, and now with the gold price manipulation being cracked down on it can only mean good. Hope it works and thought I would spread the word
Edit
Hopefully people took my advice here, because you would be up BIG time. I was up 37% on my main gold stock and sold, then up 145% on a smaller invested company and sold out. Great cash for summer!!!!
This
Old 03-23-2014, 08:43 PM   #78

Quote:
I disagree, oil being sold in dollars mainly (world reserve currency) creates a higher demand for dollars than for other currencies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_reserve_currency

The main value backing the US dollar is the US military and our govts willingness to go to war to protect the petrodollar.
It's still just an arbitrage cost. Europe does it all the time. With the total GDP of the US, 100 billion represents less than 1%.
Old 03-24-2014, 12:11 AM   #79
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Monkey View Post
It's still just an arbitrage cost. Europe does it all the time. With the total GDP of the US, 100 billion represents less than 1%.
So you are saying being the world reserve currency is irrelevant?
Old 03-24-2014, 07:18 AM   #80

Quote:
So you are saying being the world reserve currency is irrelevant?
Not at all. A $100 billion advantage is always good, but as a percentage of our total GDP, it's minuscule. I'm saying the value of the dollar is not dependent upon being the world currency. You stated that the value of the dollar is that it is the world currency for oil. You have it backwards. It's value is why it is the world currency. However, even if we're not the world currency, we would still be an unrivaled world economic power. Being the world currency shows that it has tremendous value but it's converse doesn't mean it will be worthless. Just as the Yen and Euro have value without being the world currency, the dollar would continue to have great value even if it weren't the world currency.