Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Stocks & Investments

Notices

Precious metals

Old 01-09-2011, 11:49 AM   #1
cabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Andy
cabarbhab's Tacoma Gallery
Precious metals

In the past few months I have recently started purchasing gold and silver in small quantities. I was just wondering if anyone else on here invests in precious metals?
Old 01-13-2011, 08:42 PM   #2
wmb67 is just really nicewmb67 is just really nicewmb67 is just really nicewmb67 is just really nice
wmb67's Tacoma Gallery
I've been purchasing small amounts of silver myself.
Picked up a roll of American Silver Eagles today.
Also have some 40% and 90% silver half dollars and a few generic 1 oz. silver rounds.

As the Federal Reserve continues to flood the country/world with ever more dollars, I'm hoping these small stacks of silver will preserve my purchasing power.

Silverseek.com, goldismoney2.com and kitco.com all have forums with knowlegable members.

Good luck
Old 01-13-2011, 09:04 PM   #3
cabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
i am glad to see someone finally bit on this post. even though i would guess most on this site don't pay too much attention to the financial mess we are facing. i recently picked up some american silver eagles as well and plan on picking some more up from time to time. a few months back i purchased 2 oz. of gold in coins. i would like to buy at least another ounce of gold before all is said and done. i am thinking silver will have no problem making it up to $40 bucks this year, and could see gold at 1600 or 1700 by the end of the year. i am like you though, i am not really buying as an investing, but to give myself some security.
Old 01-22-2011, 04:56 AM   #4
Hacksaw engineer
Trapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud of

Trapper6speed's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone flip there Ira into a gold account?
Old 01-22-2011, 04:59 AM   #5
Hacksaw engineer
Trapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmb67 View Post
I've been purchasing small amounts of silver myself.
Picked up a roll of American Silver Eagles today.
Also have some 40% and 90% silver half dollars and a few generic 1 oz. silver rounds.

As the Federal Reserve continues to flood the country/world with ever more dollars, I'm hoping these small stacks of silver will preserve my purchasing power.

Silverseek.com, goldismoney2.com and kitco.com all have forums with knowlegable members.

Good luck
Where do you go to buy silver or gold? Might be obvious. But just courious.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:00 AM   #6
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Ive seriously been looking into purchasing silver bullion. I guess there is a special ratio of 1/16 gold to silver that the price is suppose to get to. if gold is 1400 oz 1/16 brings that to 87.5 oz for silver. look it up its an interesting read. (note silver is around 30 oz now). not to mention gold and silver doesnt depreciate like the american dollar. as the dollar decreases precious metals increase
Old 01-22-2011, 11:08 AM   #7
Hacksaw engineer

Well the way they keep printing money. It's only going to get worse.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:13 PM   #8
Air Force:
the best way to look at the relationship between the dollar and precious metals is that the unit value of gold or silver is constant, it is the value of the dollar that changes. when gold jumps from $300 to $1400 it isnt that gold has become more valuable, it is that the dollar has become less valuable and it is now taking more dollars to buy the same amount of gold. as long as the fed keeps pumping out money the value is going to decrease. inflation is going to be a big problem this decade. gold and silver will keep going up in price, but so will oil, food, clothes, etc. so actually it would probably be wise to invest in any commodity. in my opinion any investment that is based in dollars is going to do poor over the decade. bonds are going to implode too. i have been doing some reading that the government might soon be going after peoples iras and 401ks, of course at first it would be a voluntary program. but the government is broke and out of money and is looking to steal even more money from its citizens to keep up the financial illusion that is our economy.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:18 PM   #9
fltacoma is a splendid one to beholdfltacoma is a splendid one to beholdfltacoma is a splendid one to beholdfltacoma is a splendid one to beholdfltacoma is a splendid one to beholdfltacoma is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Munitions systems craftsman
Name: daniel
fltacoma's Tacoma Gallery
time to revive this thread! Im a huge proponent in silver for investment. I have quite a few oz's of silver, lol. if you guys/gals are curious and want to know more, let me know. Ive been tracking and buying silver since it was @ $9.30 an oz.....
Old 04-13-2011, 08:15 PM   #10
.<>./
capetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

capetaco12's Tacoma Gallery
I have an ounce of platinum that was not borrowed from a lab 30 years ago by my grandfather. Iv been debating selling it, or keeping it for a few more years. I just dont know enough about the market to make an informed decision.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:10 PM   #11
Fenrisulfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenrisulfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenrisulfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenrisulfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenrisulfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenrisulfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenrisulfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenrisulfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenrisulfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenrisulfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenrisulfr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fenrisulfr's Tacoma Gallery
I sold almost all my gold at 800 and brought silver at about 9. I'll have to send a letter to the oompa-loompa Morales for threatening to nationalise the silver mines in Bolivia.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:26 PM   #12
Air Force:
Gold hit $1500 today and silver is now over $40. I for one don't believe this rise in price is going to stop anytime soon. There are still not that many people invested in precious metals. The only thing I worry about now is that the government will at some point confiscate gold again. They are broke and it is only get worse by the day.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:11 AM   #13
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Sold everything in 07 to buy gold,only one doing good on my stocks was broker,am i happy? What do you think!
Old 05-01-2011, 04:26 PM   #14
o5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant future
Name: Tim
o5iiawah's Tacoma Gallery
I'm investing in guns. you cant eat silver when our currency collapses.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:28 PM   #15
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Ive got molybdenum scrap I collect
Old 05-02-2011, 12:33 PM   #16
fltacoma is a splendid one to beholdfltacoma is a splendid one to beholdfltacoma is a splendid one to beholdfltacoma is a splendid one to beholdfltacoma is a splendid one to beholdfltacoma is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Munitions systems craftsman
Name: daniel
fltacoma's Tacoma Gallery
true about not eating silver, but I can barter for it
Old 05-02-2011, 04:50 PM   #17
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
so this seems to be the best investment that CANT lose its value... where can i but gold/silver for the cheapest at? if someone doesnt want to put it public please pm me.... thanks!!
Old 05-03-2011, 03:58 AM   #18
o5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant future
Name: Tim
o5iiawah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
so this seems to be the best investment that CANT lose its value... where can i but gold/silver for the cheapest at? if someone doesnt want to put it public please pm me.... thanks!!
Im not sure of the exact spelling but I've heard Bulliondirect.com is a good site. Just google it if you cant find it.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:11 AM   #19
Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by o5iiawah View Post
I'm investing in guns. you cant eat silver when our currency collapses.
Well you can't eat guns either. But you can barter both guns and silver.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:12 AM   #20
Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
I have found a good site to buy from is gainsvillecoins.com. They have a good selection of coins from many different countries. The premiums aren't too bad either.