Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Stocks & Investments

Notices

Should i sell my AAPL shares and buy a lift and tires?

Old 08-20-2012, 02:54 PM   #1
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Should i sell my AAPL shares and buy a lift and tires?

Just looking for some opinions. I know iphone 5 should be out soon and that could send the stock skyrocketing. Take profits on the way up tho right? Plus my new wheels should be here in a few weeks and i want a decent new suspension and tires asap! I'm not planning on dumping all my shares(which isnt alot) what i want to sell is actually my options, i have an october call that i am currently up over 100% on (made a few hundred just today) im no big time trader, my portfolio is pretty weak really, but im getting into daytrading and playing options. Bought and sold a 675 call for AAPL today and took a 50% profit. So should i sell some AAPL and buy some OME and BFG? haha
Old 08-20-2012, 03:22 PM   #2
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Probably not the best place to look for investment advice...
Old 08-20-2012, 03:23 PM   #3
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Um pretty sure you know the answer already... But in case you don't, DO NOT SELL SOMETHING THAT APPRECIATES IN VALUE TO PURCHASE SOMETHING THAT DOES NOT!
Old 08-20-2012, 03:24 PM   #4
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^^
This guy already has lift and tires, he simply doesn't want you to show him up.

DOOOOOO ITTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!
Old 08-20-2012, 03:28 PM   #5
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadderkdawg View Post
Um pretty sure you know the answer already... But in case you don't, DO NOT SELL SOMETHING THAT APPRECIATES IN VALUE TO PURCHASE SOMETHING THAT DOES NOT!
X2 hold tight to your apple shares and see what happens to the value of the stock with the release of these next few gadgets. Then make your decision for financial reasons and not truck mod reasons.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:55 PM   #6

Thanks guys, i should probably just be patient. Would be nice to be able to do a lift and not drain my bank account tho.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:22 PM   #7
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
I was on the fence a few yrs ago right before the Ipad came out. The value was around $170. I wanted to buy about $5k worth. I kick myself everytime I see their quote and they pay dividends now. FUCK!

Dont sell it!
Old 08-21-2012, 07:24 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
I was on the fence a few yrs ago right before the Ipad came out. The value was around $170. I wanted to buy about $5k worth. I kick myself everytime I see their quote and they pay dividends now. FUCK!

Dont sell it!
Damn i wish i could have gotten in that cheap, when i first started trading AAPL was in the three hundreds, but i was busy losing money trading penny stocks haha. Im not ganna sell, you guys talked some sense into me. Even tho i only have a couple shares it is worth hanging on to. Although i have a call option that expires in october that i have to sell by then, today the price of one contract ranged from $1100 to $1700, so i an looking to sell that soon because it losses value over time.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:33 PM   #9
Sido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Sido's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
Just looking for some opinions. I know iphone 5 should be out soon and that could send the stock skyrocketing. Take profits on the way up tho right? Plus my new wheels should be here in a few weeks and i want a decent new suspension and tires asap! I'm not planning on dumping all my shares(which isnt alot) what i want to sell is actually my options, i have an october call that i am currently up over 100% on (made a few hundred just today) im no big time trader, my portfolio is pretty weak really, but im getting into daytrading and playing options. Bought and sold a 675 call for AAPL today and took a 50% profit. So should i sell some AAPL and buy some OME and BFG? haha
I would sell now until your asset class holdings are appropriately diversified and consistent with your overall asset allocation.

It is very hard to make any money with day trading. Your brokerage trading fees will eat at your margins. Modern trading is dominated by hedge funds and investment houses that use high frequency algorithms to get the best price with the quickest trade. They can make some real money, it is hard for an individual to sustain that over a consistent period of time. You can try to make money with options and shorts, but for most investors that is not beneficial to their portfolios. Will this work for you in the long term? It might, but you are taking a lot of risk with your money.

If this is a small portion of your portfolio (less than 5%) then go for it, have fun, it really doesn't matter what you do (keep it, sell, buy tires). Prudent investing requires tactical discipline. It is boring. If you want excitement take the money and go to Vegas, grab ass and gamble.

You can do what you want with your money, but I cringe at the thought of another person trying their hand at the day trading/ option game.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:26 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sido View Post
Prudent investing requires tactical discipline. It is boring.
Great qoute^ haha. Im still a newbie and i really need to take advice from guys like you.

Thanks for the good advice. I pretty much day trade for fun in small amounts, i try to keep it between 100-300 bucks. But your right its not something i would recomend to anyone either, i am still in the hole when it comes to daytrading. The last 4 trades i have made were profitable, one even a 200% gainer and overall I am still down. Its pretty hard to be disciplined especially when you are first starting out, theres been many times where i was making money and didnt sell because i thought i could make more, then ended up losing it all. The one thing i have finally learned is to be happy with any profit, and dont beat yourself up if you could have sold it for more. Now that i am getting better at sticking to this idea i am finally starting to do well and make some money.

As far as being diversified thats another thing i need to work on. I am long 4 stocks right now, all of them were big momentum stocks at the beginning of the year and it seems like its time to make some changes. My best long is ALXN, i will probably hold it for many years.

Looks like were ganna see some more 52 week highs today! Do you think i should be looking into hedging a little more heavily? I personally dont see a correction coming but i have only been trading for 2 years so i really dont know what to expect or look for during an election.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:03 AM   #11

Talking

sold one contract for 150 percent gain! My other call expires in october, i plan on selling after the iphone5 is released and numbers come out, already up 100 percent on that one!!!! Thanks for the lift and tires apple!
Old 09-14-2012, 08:15 AM   #12
aphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

aphex's Tacoma Gallery
another perspective...

the market is going to crash due to hyperinflation, driven largely by the federal reserve pumping the system full of monopoly money, along with the declining confidence in the US dollar as we head toward the fiscal clifff with an out of control debt fueled by entitlements. dump all of your stocks, pull out of the market (and the banking system for that matter), and hedge by purchasing tangible assests that will not depreciate greatly in value.

go ahead and buy the lift.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:31 AM   #13

^yep im with you on that, although i was happy to hear about qe3 yesterday it really worries me. Ive already started selling off some of my portfolio. I plan on only holding 2 stocks for long term because i got in a good prices, evrything else is either going into my bank account and put towards hedging the small amount of shares i plan to hold.
With operation twist and qe3 our government is pumping 60 billion dollars into the market every month, the rich will get richer and when the shit hits the fan they will be fine and the middle class will get hit the hardest
Old 09-19-2012, 07:42 PM   #14
Ace of Spades
Alderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: OPSEC
Name: Nick
Alderleet's Tacoma Gallery
I shit canned my portfolio after tripling it this summer. I re-invested into silver at 27.5 an ounce.

Its now at 33.5 an ounce and climbing. Thanks Bernanke for being a pathetic bitch!
Old 09-19-2012, 07:55 PM   #15

^nice call on that. Im taking the rest of my profits an AAPL next week when more iphone5 numbers are released, just cant decide if i should hold onto ALXN tho. In at $75 and it hit a new all time high today around $114. The markets love bernanke right now but it wont be long before that changes and your silver will be worth even more
Old 01-22-2013, 06:45 PM   #16
Vicorka is on a distinguished road
Vicorka's Tacoma Gallery
I hope you did not listen those "hold" advices and sold AAPL. You may start buying it back it soon
Old 01-22-2013, 06:51 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicorka View Post
I hope you did not listen those "hold" advices and sold AAPL. You may start buying it back it soon
Lol my thread has been revived! Yep i went with my gut and made out nicely
Old 01-22-2013, 06:57 PM   #18

They release earning tomorrow, i may try to get in on an options play but i have learned to be cautious with AAPL during earnings, i have been burned before. This quarter is ushually huge for them and it will be a big indicator this year because of the iphone 5.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:50 PM   #19
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Apple stock tanked today. I might pick some up.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:55 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by isu2014 View Post
Apple stock tanked today. I might pick some up.
I think that is a good call, there is a lot of people that are thinking the same thing. It might go lower but even if it does this is a great price to get in at.