Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Stocks & Investments

Notices

Too much truck?

Old 05-19-2013, 07:10 PM   #21
bigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 9SFS
Name: Jared
bigtaco06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoIII View Post
I was at Malmstrom. The job wasnt horrible because I worked the missle field, but the WSA guys were hating life haha. It was all what you made of it. Really nice wheeling up there also. 4 hrs from yellowstone, 2 hrs from Glacier national park so it wasnt to bad of a place.
I have some buddies in Malmstrom and I was looking foward to the asignment and the def looking forward to the wheeling. Good luck on Making it to Cali. Try to get a short tore and get that Base of pref.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:14 PM   #22
Mr. Boombastic
TacoIII will become famous soon enoughTacoIII will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Security forces
Name: Andrew
TacoIII's Tacoma Gallery
Well I just put in for all short tours but with me not having an approved CJR I cant get a BOP. Just playing it by ear for now
Old 05-19-2013, 08:32 PM   #23
billyrayaf is on a distinguished road
Air Force: currently in 5th security forces
Name: billy
billyrayaf's Tacoma Gallery
Do not come to minot!!! shoot yourself in the foot PRP will ruin your life. haha glad to see some more cops on here.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:39 PM   #25
bobbey555 is on a distinguished road
Name: Bradley
bobbey555's Tacoma Gallery
Drop the hammer. But make sure you get exactly what you want. Other wise you'll regret all of it like I did with my first taco
Old 05-19-2013, 08:47 PM   #26
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyrayaf View Post
Do not come to minot!!! shoot yourself in the foot PRP will ruin your life. haha glad to see some more cops on here.

When I was a cop in Minot, I had a CJ7...

I'm just having a chuckle remembering that place.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:52 PM   #27
once i leave and never come back ill chuckle.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:22 PM   #28
bigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
once i leave and never come back ill chuckle.
No Minot for me I decertified . My flight chief just came from minot and a handful of others I've met.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:22 PM   #29
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtaco06 View Post
No Minot for me I decertified . My flight chief just came from minot and a handful of others I've met.
whose your flight chief?
Old 05-19-2013, 10:35 PM   #30
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hell ya drop the hammer. buying a taco is a great investment. take care of it and it last forever. and its not to much truck perfect size for anything.
No vehicle is an investment... except maybe a '69 Camaro that you bought new for $1500.

The Tacoma is an awesome truck, and it's certainly not "too much" truck...
But the moment you buy it, it will start to devalue.
Vehicles left parked will deteriorate.

Save your money and pay cash when you get home.
The most economical vehicle you will ever own is the one with no payment.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:12 AM   #31
Quote:
whose your flight chief?
SSgt Morton, you may Know SSgt Piga as well.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:14 AM   #32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
No vehicle is an investment... except maybe a '69 Camaro that you bought new for $1500.

The Tacoma is an awesome truck, and it's certainly not "too much" truck...
But the moment you buy it, it will start to devalue.
Vehicles left parked will deteriorate.

Save your money and pay cash when you get home.
The most economical vehicle you will ever own is the one with no payment.
This is what the responsible side of me is saying.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:16 AM   #33
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
What would you do with the truck if you get stationed over seas again?
Old 05-20-2013, 12:27 AM   #34
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrdSurgie View Post
What would you do with the truck if you get stationed over seas again?
Keep it and pay it off and put it in gov storage. Once it's payed for it's not going any where. I wish I had had never gotten rid of my 06 I would drive it until the wheels fall off. Save up For Solid axles that will go underneath it in ten years.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:35 AM   #35
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This is what the responsible side of me is saying.
I have worked with dozens of young men who served, and who pissed away their paychecks on vehicles, women, and booze, and they now regret it.
Free room and board? A military paycheck isn't much, but it's bank money while you're in except for the personal "nice things" that help with morale.

Personally, I'd love to be able to bank a year's wages.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:30 AM   #36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
I have worked with dozens of young men who served, and who pissed away their paychecks on vehicles, women, and booze, and they now regret it.
Free room and board? A military paycheck isn't much, but it's bank money while you're in except for the personal "nice things" that help with morale.

Personally, I'd love to be able to bank a year's wages.
I appreciate the advice but I think I would regret not getting one or getting something I'm not happy with. I've put a lot of consideration and planning into my purchase. I understand your concern I will still be able to save money because I will make a substantial down payment, while keeping some savings. I was a little smarter than the crowd that was spending thier hard earned money on booze. I plan on keeping the truck until it litterally falls apart. Tacoma is litterally my dream truck and I can't think of anything else I would be happy with.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:34 AM   #37
redtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John Austin
redtacoma88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
True story I know I want a MGM 4x4 dbsb pretty bad. And thats a bad ass pic of yours btw .
Thanks man! I love my truck. Thank you for your service. My respect.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:01 AM   #38
Quote:
SSgt Morton, you may Know SSgt Piga as well.
Ya I know both sgt Morton worked mobility the whole time here couldn't get prp piga I knew as well
Old 05-20-2013, 09:05 AM   #39
I take that back not Morton I know a sgt Horton sorry
Old 05-20-2013, 09:21 AM   #40
Whiskey Neat is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Mechanic - of sorts
Name: James
Whiskey Neat's Tacoma Gallery
I love all the Air Force going on in this thread.

Three things for you OP:

1. the easiest way to save money when you don't make much money is to stay out of debt, or to pay off debt.

2. Look into using the USAA car buying service when you are ready to pull the trigger. That's how I scored my '13 DCSB 4x4 SR5 for 28k at 1.49% for 5 years. Also, if you are putting that much money down, look into a much shorter loan (2 or 3 years if you can afford it).

3. No one has mentioned Ellsworth yet, and it's not necessarily considered a "northern tier" base, but the winters are cold as fuck, but the location is amazing. Great wheeling to be had, and the cost of living is very low. I loved it there.

Just my 3 cents of advice.