Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Stocks & Investments

Notices

Too much truck?

Old 05-19-2013, 05:11 PM   #1
bigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 9SFS
Name: Jared
bigtaco06's Tacoma Gallery
Too much truck?

So I'm 22 years old and currently stationed overs seas in the military. I have been saving hardcore and plan on coming home and plopping a fat ass down payment (15k) on a new tacoma dcsb 4x4. Sometimes I second guess whether or not I need all that truck. I will need a truck and I really don't see myself driving any other truck and I know if I don't get a 4x4 I won't be happy. I'm wondering if I should just get what I want now or should I keep my savings healthy. I'm already working towards a retirement and I want to set my self up now and invest a little bit. Saving money in the states will not be as easy. I need to get the ball rolling on some investments and don't want to set myself back because I had to have a truck. Thanks for any advice.
-Jared
Old 05-19-2013, 05:22 PM   #2
billyrayaf is on a distinguished road
Air Force: currently in 5th security forces
Name: billy
billyrayaf's Tacoma Gallery
Hell ya drop the hammer. buying a taco is a great investment. take care of it and it last forever. and its not to much truck perfect size for anything.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:25 PM   #3
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ex Navy. subs
Tacoyota's Tacoma Gallery
I say save the money, you have a gen2 AC, ask what the DC will do for you that the AC doesn't. Married w kids would be a decent reason of course.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:25 PM   #4
bigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyrayaf View Post
Hell ya drop the hammer. buying a taco is a great investment. take care of it and it last forever. and its not to much truck perfect size for anything.
I agree This will probobly be the truck I hand to my future son, and the resale value is rediculous on Taco's (if I ever want or need to). I've owned one before and liked it a lot and moved up to a full size titan and didn't need all off that truck.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:28 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoyota View Post
I say save the money, you have a gen2 AC, ask what the DC will do for you that the AC doesn't. Married w kids would be a decent reason of course.
I sold the AC Taco in 2010 because I wanted to move up to full size. Then sold my Titan before I moved to Japan, so I'm on the market for a new truck. Iv'e looked at used but I can't see in spending almost the same amount on a used Tacoma because they hold thier value so well. When I can get a truck without anyone elses mistakes and a warranty. I wish I still had my 2006 :/
Old 05-19-2013, 05:30 PM   #6
redtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John Austin
redtacoma88's Tacoma Gallery
I think you know 100% what you want and need. So I say go for it. Tacoma is the perfect truck imo. I dont see any reason not to go for it! Good luck
Old 05-19-2013, 05:30 PM   #7
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ex Navy. subs
Tacoyota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtaco06 View Post
I sold the AC Taco in 2010 because I wanted to move up to full size. Then sold my Titan before I moved to Japan, so I'm on the market for a new truck. Iv'e looked at used but I can't see in spending almost the same amount on a used Tacoma because they hold thier value so well. When I can get a truck without anyone elses mistakes and a warranty.
Then I like your idea on the big down payment and the DC, nothing worse than financing almost the whole cost.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:34 PM   #8
Mr. Boombastic
TacoIII will become famous soon enoughTacoIII will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Security forces
Name: Andrew
TacoIII's Tacoma Gallery
Do it man I got mine a few days after tech school, stayed broke while in Montana making payments and a few mods. I came to Europe paid it off and now I have a awesome newish vehicle that will last me 15+ years. You will always build your savings up if you are smart with your money.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:34 PM   #9
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
You saved that money up for a reason. You worked hard to do it. Use it and enjoy life. Money comes and goes. Keep your plans on track and have fun without dipping into them.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:35 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by redtacoma88 View Post
I think you know 100% what you want and need. So I say go for it. Tacoma is the perfect truck imo. I dont see any reason not to go for it! Good luck
True story I know I want a MGM 4x4 dbsb pretty bad. And thats a bad ass pic of yours btw .
Old 05-19-2013, 05:39 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoIII View Post
Do it man I got mine a few days after tech school, stayed broke while in Montana making payments and a few mods. I came to Europe paid it off and now I have a awesome newish vehicle that will last me 15+ years. You will always build your savings up if you are smart with your money.
Glad to hear that man. I agree, and I'm pretty responsible with my money. Lol you know the E-3 struggles.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:40 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntilehman View Post
You saved that money up for a reason. You worked hard to do it. Use it and enjoy life. Money comes and goes. Keep your plans on track and have fun without dipping into them.
Thanks for the advice I feel the same way, lol I just need a little moral support to drop all that hard earned money.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:44 PM   #13
Mr. Boombastic

TacoIII's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Glad to hear that man. I agree, and I'm pretty responsible with my money. Lol you know the E-3 struggles.
Fo sho haha. almost an entire paycheck went to the payment alone. But it was well worth it I had fun being able to do what I wanted and go where I wanted with a reliable, economical vehicle. Do you know where you are PCSing to next?
Old 05-19-2013, 05:48 PM   #14
Quote:
Fo sho haha. almost an entire paycheck went to the payment alone. But it was well worth it I had fun being able to do what I wanted and go where I wanted with a reliable, economical vehicle. Do you know where you are PCSing to next?
Yeah man I'm headed to Cali. So a mid travel Tacoma is a must for me! What AFSC are you? lol your not a Cop?
Old 05-19-2013, 05:52 PM   #15
Mr. Boombastic

TacoIII's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah man I'm headed to Cali. So a mid travel Tacoma is a must for me! What AFSC are you? lol your not a Cop?
I will try for Cali if its on my listing, it seems nice. Yeah Im your friendly neighborhood Security forces member haha. I have 6 months left here then im prolly heading for one of the 3 hells they call northern tier bases
Old 05-19-2013, 05:55 PM   #16
Quote:
I will try for Cali if its on my listing, it seems nice. Yeah Im your friendly neighborhood Security forces member haha. I have 6 months left here then im prolly heading for one of the 3 hells they call northern tier bases
Man I'm a Cop too. I checked out your profile and it looked like you had been to Minot, so I was like he's definitely a cop. I was headed to Malmstrom and got Medically decertified because of a hardware in my leg. Then I got Beale. I def understand the struggles!
Old 05-19-2013, 05:59 PM   #17
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by redtacoma88 View Post
Agreed!

Thanks for your service man! Stay safe!

Old 05-19-2013, 06:03 PM   #18
Mr. Boombastic

TacoIII's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Man I'm a Cop too. I checked out your profile and it looked like you had been to Minot, so I was like he's definitely a cop. I was headed to Malmstrom and got Medically decertified because of a hardware in my leg. Then I got Beale. I def understand the struggles!
I was at Malmstrom. The job wasnt horrible because I worked the missle field, but the WSA guys were hating life haha. It was all what you made of it. Really nice wheeling up there also. 4 hrs from yellowstone, 2 hrs from Glacier national park so it wasnt to bad of a place.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:04 PM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
Agreed!

Thanks for your service man! Stay safe!

Thanks for the Support man that means a lot!
Old 05-19-2013, 06:09 PM   #20
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks for the Support man that means a lot!