Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Stocks & Investments

Notices

Rewards cards

Old 12-16-2013, 03:27 AM   #1
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Rewards cards

Anyone know of a particular good rewards card. Starting next year we want to start using a rewards card for everything instead of checking account. Then we will pay it off at end of month. We don't know which ones offer the most bang for the buck..
Old 12-16-2013, 03:52 AM   #2
JRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to behold
Army: DOD Civilian
Name: Justin
JRFugitt's Tacoma Gallery
Citi has always been good to me specially when they upgrade you to a Diamond card and a Black prefered card! Best rewards of any other that I've had and I've had about all of them. American express black if your credit can take it but only if you will pay it off every statement - you have too.
Old 12-26-2013, 08:30 AM   #3
Vann is on a distinguished road
Marines: 0311
Name: Garth
Vann's Tacoma Gallery
Cash back

Amex blue cash preferred, $75 a year fee. 6% cash back at U.S. supermarkets up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%); 3% cash back at U.S. gas stations; 3% cash back at select U.S. department stores; and 1% cash back on other purchases. Use this for groceries, gas and qualifying.

Capital one quicksilver rewards. Unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, every day. Plus, earn a one-time $100 bonus. Use this for everything else. You need excellent credit for theses cards, and pay your balance off each month.
Old 12-26-2013, 08:38 AM   #4
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRFugitt View Post
Citi has always been good to me specially when they upgrade you to a Diamond card and a Black prefered card! Best rewards of any other that I've had and I've had about all of them. American express black if your credit can take it but only if you will pay it off every statement - you have too.
this. i have the citi diamond and its awesome.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:47 PM   #5
tensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud of
Name: Eric
tensecondchevelle's Tacoma Gallery
I'm still debating how I feel about rewards cards.... Is getting that iPod Dock for 17,000 points worth it when all it takes is missing or getting behind on one payment? Specially when one point is one dollar?

I'm also still waiting to meet a millionaire that made his money on credit card points....

Yes I currently have 17,000 points and the iPod Dock looks tempting, but so does the George Foreman grill for 19,500.... First world problems...
Old 01-12-2014, 05:20 AM   #6
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Rewards cards aren't really worth it if you're not using the card constantly - because the points just don't add up fast enough (more or less).

I've had a Citibank credit card for 25 years and I have no complaints what-so-ever about it. We've paid it off every month. I think the best part about the Citi card, is their system that notices fraudulent charges before you do and they contact you to warn you about it. When you confirm a fraudulent charge, you fill out an affidavit and Citi goes after the company whom allowed the charge to occur. It's been a nice security feature (more or less). Aside from that.... the Points. You are limited to what you can spend the points on. The point system used to be easier and have more options....but over the last several years, they've limited your choices. For example: You can guy gift cards to certain stores with your points. However, they're not any cheaper and/or more expensive than just going to the store itself.

My husband and I buy A LOT from Amazon and we have Amazon Prime. A couple years ago, we got an Amazon credit card. We use the Amazon card for everything (similar to how we used the Citi card) and pay it off every month. We get more points than we did with the Citi card. And....our points can go towards anything we buy on Amazon. I don't know how the points work if you buy 'outside' of Amazon.
But, if you're like us...and spend a lot of money on Amazon....the Amazon card has been nice. I just hope they're as good as catching fraud (as citi was).

I still have the Citi card and will probably always have it.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:40 AM   #7
velillen is a name known to allvelillen is a name known to allvelillen is a name known to allvelillen is a name known to allvelillen is a name known to allvelillen is a name known to all
Name: Nick
velillen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
My husband and I buy A LOT from Amazon and we have Amazon Prime. A couple years ago, we got an Amazon credit card. We use the Amazon card for everything (similar to how we used the Citi card) and pay it off every month. We get more points than we did with the Citi card. And....our points can go towards anything we buy on Amazon. I don't know how the points work if you buy 'outside' of Amazon.
But, if you're like us...and spend a lot of money on Amazon....the Amazon card has been nice. I just hope they're as good as catching fraud (as citi was).
I have the Chase Amazon Card. Its 3 points for anything from amazon. 2 points for gas, restaurants, groceries and office. 1 point for everything else. Sometimes resturants and groceries wont show up right (something to do with how the naming is or something) but otherwise works great! I buy a lot from amazon so it adds up fairly quick for me. Same i put a lot on the card (monthy bills go on it for instance). I use it pretty much like a debit card in the sense i use it then each week go in and pay it off.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:38 AM   #8
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by velillen View Post
I have the Chase Amazon Card. Its 3 points for anything from amazon. 2 points for gas, restaurants, groceries and office. 1 point for everything else. Sometimes resturants and groceries wont show up right (something to do with how the naming is or something) but otherwise works great! I buy a lot from amazon so it adds up fairly quick for me. Same i put a lot on the card (monthy bills go on it for instance). I use it pretty much like a debit card in the sense i use it then each week go in and pay it off.
Ours is the same thing. I forgot its a Chase.... with the cool yellow edges.

I don't know how (or if) the points can be used outside of Amazon (probably not).

(don't want to change the subject) - but I would assume you have Amazon Prime?
If you don't - and you use Amazon a lot, you gotta get it!
Old 01-12-2014, 12:24 PM   #9
velillen is a name known to allvelillen is a name known to allvelillen is a name known to allvelillen is a name known to allvelillen is a name known to allvelillen is a name known to all
Name: Nick
velillen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Ours is the same thing. I forgot its a Chase.... with the cool yellow edges.

I don't know how (or if) the points can be used outside of Amazon (probably not).

(don't want to change the subject) - but I would assume you have Amazon Prime?
If you don't - and you use Amazon a lot, you gotta get it!
I have amazon prime. You can use the points outside of amazon. You just have to log into Chase and theres an option there to buy giftcards or apply it to your statement or some other things